• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dual Case Trim setup?

Bscott1

just finishing my build on my 86 4runner. dual transfers. I have a couple boots but one of my shifter knobs is really short. What is the best way you guys have figured out to make the plastic boots look the best. I'm just looking to really cover the holes and not look like a shitty thrown together job. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks guys.

Why is your shift knob really short?

I just cut down a 2nd tcase boot and trim ring from another truck and screw it to the floor.

Re: Re: Dual Case Trim setup?

Mine is like tbitoy said..
No need to cut, mine don't hit and they angle nicely.
IMG_20130327_171902_61801_zps85c2d6b6.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dual Case Trim setup?

TBItoy said:
Then you got it installed backwards

Not sure exactly what it came from but I broke my shifter off grabbin' gears at Fall For All last year, got another shifter from Jamie, and it was bent different. Looked identical but bent the opposite way of the one that was in it. Couldn't be backwards, because if it was turned 180 degrees, it would be all the way into the dash. So I ripped it apart where the rubber bushing/joint is about midways up the shaft and welded the top part on top of the other shifter where it was broke off at.

My front shifter came close to hitting the gear shifter. I didn't think there is wrong way to install when it just have forward or back. Seems like it would be the same position either way :dunno: I ended up cutting both down so they wouldn't hit my legs while driving.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dual Case Trim setup?

TacomaJD said:
Not sure exactly what it came from but I broke my shifter off grabbin' gears at Fall For All last year, got another shifter from Jamie, and it was bent different. Looked identical but bent the opposite way of the one that was in it. Couldn't be backwards, because if it was turned 180 degrees, it would be all the way into the dash. So I ripped it apart where the rubber bushing/joint is about midways up the shaft and welded the top part on top of the other shifter where it was broke off at.

I meant the tcase shifter was backwards, not the 5 speed shifter.

You'd have to be a tard to install the 5 speed shifter backwards, I don't think it would even be possible.

Its pretty easy to put the tcase shifter in backwards, usually there is not "that"much difference in angle, but if it's in wrong (or if your shifter bushings are completely wore out) it can interfere with the trans shifter.

Speaking of that, the bushings and cups to rebuild the shifters are available for about $15 from the Toyota dealer. Makes a huge difference in driving

Re: Re: Dual Case Trim setup?

Pic of how mine looks with the 8 foot long tranny shifter lol oh, and the newly installed racing steering wheel with trans brake and NOS buttons.....also thinking about buying a flatbill cap to go with it. molaugh

va4a3u8y.jpg