• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Dual Sport Trip - April 15-19 (Thursday-Monday) 2010 Williamsville, MO

Bones said:
I will see how the Shitara tows all my **** and how long it really takes.

If you dont like the way it tows, on the way down, I'll pull the Husky home with me. :****:

David said:
If you dont like the way it tows, on the way down, I'll pull the Husky home with me. :****:
It pulled fine to Springfield (4+ hours) but it was flat.

P said:
Im going to bow out of this ride .... Bikes for sale too if anyone is interested hit me with an email.

[email protected]
:****: that really bums me out. I will be in KC soon to see ya buddy. thumb.gif

Divorce , long distance move, new job.... just to start the list. :****: I cant take any day's off for 90days , I need to put some money back too. I plan to fly down in a week or so to visit HB. For now thats the only traveling I'll be doing.

Balls, I just noticed ont eh map that I am 100 miles farther than you clowns. :wtflol: almost 9 hours for me and I am solo. Gonna be a loooooong weekend

CheapJ7 said:
makes sense... ur the only reason we're drivin across country.... :flipoff1:
Yeah it sure does, your "cross country" is shorter than my "one state away drive"

I was also banking on sharing the ride with others to cut costs. This isn't going to be a cheap one for me. I shoulda stuck with Greenville and not changed to the state park campground. :flipoff1:

Getting close guys. Y'all going to have a way to post pictures to Hardline during the trip? Sure hope so, I want to watch in close to real time.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Getting close guys. Y'all going to have a way to post pictures to Hardline during the trip? Sure hope so, I want to watch in close to real time.
I'll set up a smugmug folder and link it when I leave Thursday in a new thread here. That is all I plan to do until I get back home. All depends on if I am using my camera or my phone as well. It'll be pretty sparse till late Monday or Tuesday I imagine.

http://30bones.smugmug.com/Events/Lake-Wappapello-DS-Ride-41710/11813777_9fWfP

I'll set up a facebook album and give a link to it here.. Its easy to upload straight from the Blackberry...

So whats the tentative meal plans? id like to cook at camp as much as possible to simply keep the cost down... I've got a big pack of Filet Mignons so i'll hook everyone up with steaks one night...
I guess lets just bring whatever or hit a grocery store when we get there...

CheapJ7 said:
So whats the tentative meal plans? id like to cook at camp as much as possible to simply keep the cost down... I've got a big pack of Filet Mignons so i'll hook everyone up with steaks one night...
I guess lets just bring whatever or hit a grocery store when we get there...
How many are showing up with you guys? I have a ton of ground beef and was gonna bring that for burgers one night. LMK how many are showing so I bring enough. I will get bun along the way when I get beer/ice/etc and as far as bfast goes I was gonna get a couple dozen eggs and bring my cast iron. I ride with a backpack/camelback and will just toss a few granola bars in that err day.

town is 10+ miles away, so it's just easier to cook as much as we can at camp to ride more.

Gonna be 3 of us, you, and David... So 5 total???

Im down with some eggs and bacon over the fire for bfast, camleback and sack lunches--maybe hit a greaser diner or gas station, you just never know..., and then a little communal supper.. Im definately not picky and I knkow the rest of my group isn't either...

Heres the link for the Chadwick motorcycle area...
suppose to be some good riding as well, located in Mark twain natn'l forest
Daily fee for use in $7... :drinkers:

Nevermind.. those all seem to be 4 hrs away... doh...

Any reason to not stay closer to the Springfield area and the Chadwick park, Or is there better riding in the Williamsville area?

Adv rider thread on some good routs in that area...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344281

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564780