• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Dual Sport Trip - April 15-19 (Thursday-Monday) 2010 Williamsville, MO

Re: Dual Sport Trip - April 15-19 (Thursday-Monday) 2010 Greenville, MO

**** rite , swing balls son ! Im so got damn there Im in swimwear ! :****:

XRL is officially broke in today... First major crash on the bike and its got 11k miles on it..

Ate **** comin off a crazy steep. rocky, rutted power line hill behind MattO's house...
F those all terrains, I'm ridin knobbies from now on...

Loked down the brakes, back end started swapping, let off brakes to power out But it was too late.. and only half way down hill.
Bent tank, skint shroud, tweaked out headlingt, busted knee, bruised thigh, and the stiffest neck ever...
Damn I need a drink...

CheapJ7 said:
XRL is officially broke in today... First major crash on the bike and its got 11k miles on it..

Ate **** comin off a crazy steep. rocky, rutted power line hill behind MattO's house...
F those all terrains, I'm ridin knobbies from now on...

Loked down the brakes, back end started swapping, let off brakes to power out But it was too late.. and only half way down hill.
Bent tank, skint shroud, tweaked out headlingt, busted knee, bruised thigh, and the stiffest neck ever...
Damn I need a drink...

It was a bad crash. :****:

Made me nervous cause I had to follow him since I was already halfway down it. For those that don't know Jrich can ride the **** outa a bike.

Little birdie said Mason bought an XR2fitty today ! :woot:

Chris and I rode yesterday, damn rained the entire time but still a blast, I even rode back to the apartment in the rain I was having so much fun ! laughing1

22035_103978929624350_100000367309604_96340_7142465_n.jpg

I got too get my bike streat legit asap. Trip is getting closser.

I need to look at a damn calendar... :wtflol:

Edited the first post to have the location/dates, etc.

Just southeast of Greenville is Lake Wappapelllo State Park if we think we can stay in a state facility without getting kicked out. laughing1

http://www.mostateparks.com/lakewappapello.htm

Basic Campsite $13
Electric Campsite $21
Electric/Water Campsite* $23
Sewer/Electric/Water Campsite* $26

Min 2 nights stay on weekends and I do not see cabins available.

[
Bones said:
Edited the first post to have the location/dates, etc.

Just southeast of Greenville is Lake Wappapelllo State Park if we think we can stay in a state facility without getting kicked out. laughing1

http://www.mostateparks.com/lakewappapello.htm

Basic Campsite $13
Electric Campsite $21
Electric/Water Campsite* $23
Sewer/Electric/Water Campsite* $26

Min 2 nights stay on weekends and I do not see cabins available.

Im good with any of those choices.

Just throwing this out again, but I have got the camper if everybody from AL wants to ride together and split the gas.

I'm still planning on being there but I need to sell a dirt bike before I can buy a DS. Anyone want to buy a 2005 YZ450FT?

How much? Details? This the one you took from a buddy that was mechanically messed up some?

Bones said:
How much? Details? This the one you took from a buddy that was mechanically messed up some?

It was my BIL's. He bought it new in 2006. It probably has less than 10 hours on it. When I got it, it wouldn't run. I found out the fuel had been in it for over a year, and it hadn't been ridden in almost that long. I drained the fuel and cleaned the carb bowl and it still wouldn't run. I then had a mechanic pull the carb apart and clean it up. It runs great now.

I don't know what its worth but I have seen several of them for sale for $2500-$3000. I wouldn't turn down a good offer. This bike has never seen a race track, has never been jumped, and until I got it, had never been in forth gear. My BIL was very scared of it.

gettin closer.... booyang

i had a vision tonight while i was day dreaming during my 5-730 constitutional history lecture....

we should make this a Mustache ride as well.... all grow a least a month long stache...
The pics will be priceless...

I know Bones had mentioned tey do somethin like that for a particular football game...

Hell i'm doin it whether yall are in or not... not shavin till then, and its pretty long currently! :afro:

Due to a couple of important events I must attend i will not be able to have a patch starting now. Could pull it off a couple of wks away though.

Dave, get that on CL, ADV Rider, etc and find a big bore thumper to get in on this ride. booyang

JRich, I have some fakes I will try to find and rock a stick on 'stach.
747491507_vC5iW-L.jpg

Haha, don't be a *****...

I can't grow facial hair for ****. I will give it a shot though.

I am going tomorrow to look at a 2002 DR650. Does anyone know of any problems with this bike that I should be aware of?
Its completely stock with 3800 miles on it.

Also looking at a 2001 DRZ400 with 9600 miles on it. It has a clarke 4.3 tank, aluminum skidplate, protaper 7/8 bars with handguards, rear rack, corbin seat, jet kit with 3 x 3 and all the stock parts: seat, tank, rear fender, hardware, etc.

The DRZ is $1000 more than the DR. I think I can build the DR cheaper than the $1000 and have a better DS.

Opinions??????????

David said:
I am going tomorrow to look at a 2002 DR650. Does anyone know of any problems with this bike that I should be aware of?
Its completely stock with 3800 miles on it.

Also looking at a 2001 DRZ400 with 9600 miles on it. It has a clarke 4.3 tank, aluminum skidplate, protaper 7/8 bars with handguards, rear rack, corbin seat, jet kit with 3 x 3 and all the stock parts: seat, tank, rear fender, hardware, etc.

The DRZ is $1000 more than the DR. I think I can build the DR cheaper than the $1000 and have a better DS.

Opinions??????????
I have a dr and i think that I would be happier with the drz, just because of weight and size difference, but I'm a pretty small fella so it's just tiring riding that big sum b thru the woods

race_jeep said:
I have a dr and i think that I would be happier with the drz, just because of weight and size difference, but I'm a pretty small fella so it's just tiring riding that big sum b thru the woods

The DRZ is actually a little taller bike. I'm thinking about the DR because it is a little more power to carry around my fat ass ( 6'5", 260#) I dont think the weight will be an issue for the type of riding i'm planning. I'm too old and out of shape to actually use it like a dirt bike.