• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dumb Trolling Motor Question

wgamble

So my wife has been really sweet to me and gotten me a minn kota trolling motor (55lb thrust with 42" shaft in case it matters) and a minn kota battery center with built in fuses. She thought that it came with a battery but it looks like it does not.

Question is can I just use a yellow top that I have without burning something up. Both are 12v systems.

Battery life won't be as good as a deep cell but if you're not planning on using it a lot, I wouldn't worry about it. The few times I get out on the little lake at my house, I throw the first available car battery I can find in the boat.

Its just going to be scooting a narrow 12ft aluminum boat. No real weight. I will get a blue top though. As soon as I can get my wife and daughter in it and take them around, the wife will automatically want a bigger boat. Just laying the ground work.

I wouldn't waste the money on a optima. Interstate makes a better marine battery at a much better price.

85toyo said:
I wouldn't waste the money on a optima. Interstate makes a better marine battery at a much better price.

I agree, I have 3 Interstates in my boat. 2 deep cycles and 1 cranking