• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dustless Blasting

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
Anybody delved into this? Know anyone with this as a business or paid anyone to come and do it for you? Opinions? Just bought a 185 air compressor and can only find a couple guys in all of KC that do it. Surely there is a market. Even if not, for now buying a dry blaster to prep **** for paint after I build it, which was the reason for the air compressor purchase. Eventually would like to start powder coating, but just being able to properly prep for paint right now will be a big deal (mostly structural pieces and truck components)

Can't be rocket surgery, hard to believe a person couldn't make their own setup, it's just a blasting setup, maybe there is more to it than I'm thinking.

A company here in town purchased one as they do their own powder coating as well. They seem to like from what I have asked them about. I'll try to get you some more info on their setup...

One of my neighbors near my old house bought a fancy setup on its own trailer to do this. It seems it got used more at his shop blasting old model vehicle bodies on a rotisserie rather than actually going places to do blasting for other people. He done some jobs in mobile form, but from what I seen it was used more at his shop. To me, I'd think you'd really have to market the **** out of your service and be willing to travel a good ways to make any good money in mobile fashion. For example, I can't think of one single person I personally know that's ever just needed someone to come blast something for them. Hence why I say most his work was done at his shop. People just bring their old vehicles or whatever to him, drop it off, come get it when it's done.

One thing he did get the hookup on now that I remember, was for a local steel plant. There was some sort of racks or hooks or something they use in their manufacturing process that would get gummed up and they would get him to come and blast them at the plant for them periodically. He talked like he made good money off of it, but I'm not sure how long that deal lasted.

I guess you could check around with some semi local businesses and see if they have any need for such a service before you take on the costs of a mobile unit.

I've heard of the dustless blasting. There possibly is someone in your area who already offers mobile blasting, as it's been out a while. But most places who powder coat "usually" have a sand blast setup. Think industrial powder coat applications.
As far as trying to step into the market with a sand blast business, it may already be pretty well established in your area.
I work at a business that does powder coating. If they get something very large, they will have a mobile guy come out, or they call another guy who will come get it and drop it back off after blasting. But it's maybe a handful of times a year that this occurs.
But if he got overloaded with large items, he said he would invest in a setup himself.

Hope this helps, reading it back to myself, my post may be pointless.

Re: Re: Dustless Blasting

blacksheep10 said:
Won one of these on auction for 1300!
https://02b8051.netsolstores.com/multi-mediablaster.aspx?variation=1171?product=223180&edit=true
Edit: if you add to cart it€™s about 10,500. Hopefully everything works
Holy **** !

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk