• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dynamite Design - AC / 2xRT

I think everyone is in the same boat you are some how or another. The 3D cad drawings help you learn things about your build, and get you closer to perfect, before you even built the first part. Saves money and time when you can just get it closer and closer to right and step in and build things quickly.

Cad drawings are better suited for production fabrication, and having some coin to work with. A little time spent with a -tape measure'r, a computer, and a laser cutter could potentially make big money. But it takes money to make money.

Me, right now I am only able to use cad to figure out exactly how to make Adam Carter faster, and more consistent than he already is. If I do that, the rest will fall into place.

Went with some 6 inch backspace wheels, judging by the known 12 inch tire patch. Scrub radius should be down around 1 - 1.5 inches. Should keep the power steering pump lively, and reliable.

I want to set the springs up as close this configuration as possible so I can send the force of my springs to the center of the tire patch that is needing traction during the course of a turn. Most especially the quick, hard dig out turns that always seem to be here, there and everywhere. It will help with body roll, and Adam should be able to floorboard and dig before the apex. Also, this will give me constant force on 17 inches of direct vertical travel. It will give the 4 link more side to side control and the heim joints, more reliability. This set up should give me everything I want. We will have more articulation than needed, but will limit the articulation with limit straps when we need to, or we can run them out for straight up rock races.

Attachments

• front shocks.jpg
    front shocks.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 147
Yeah, pretty vague looking, but I should probably only spend as much time as I need on the computer to figure something out.

A day on a computer could save you weeks in the shop. Computer stuff is why Shannon Campbell can build **** in a week. If you have it all figured out and brackets already lazered out you can roll on with it.I have knocked a week off of what it use to take me to build a roller just by doing this.

I'm actually wanting to get me a 3d printer so I can draw it up in my solidworks then print a whole buggy out. Tell me that wouldn't be sweet to actually hold in your hand what your about to build, just so you can make sure its going to come out like you want.

Elliott said:
I'm actually wanting to get me a 3d printer so I can draw it up in my solidworks then print a whole buggy out. Tell me that wouldn't be sweet to actually hold in your hand what your about to build, just so you can make sure its going to come out like you want.
Would be good for RC replicas too. The Wraith chassis is all ABS plastic.

Good gracious. This new welder is like sex :****:

Attachments

• IMG_35164913787509.jpeg
    IMG_35164913787509.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_36477724120753.jpeg
    IMG_36477724120753.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 121
Should get better, after I learn what all the buttons do.

Attachments

• IMG_20141106_202106.jpg
    IMG_20141106_202106.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 147
wont work said:
Very good choice of welder. You can fine tune it to do anything you want.

I had the same thought even though I'd only ever used dynasty's. Can't say I knew much about what I was going after back then though. Didn't really know how to use them.

This one isn't as modern, but I know I can make this dinosaur do work. I can already weld tubing just as fast, as my mig welder. No clean up time. I'm totally amazed and curious with the pulse settings. Looking forward to getting to know this ole blue.