• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dynamite Design - AC / 2xRT

Pulse is great if your makeing the same type of weld or weld joint everytime. I do better on tube just to leave it off and walk the cup and use the filler to stack it in there. On Aluminum it is very nice since it helps me control the heat and keep parts cooler but i still tend to just leave it off there also. 99.9% of all I weld is differnet everytime I strike an arc so I dont even have a machine of my own that will pulse.

wont work said:
Pulse is great if your makeing the same type of weld or weld joint everytime. I do better on tube just to leave it off and walk the cup and use the filler to stack it in there. On Aluminum it is very nice since it helps me control the heat and keep parts cooler but i still tend to just leave it off there also. 99.9% of all I weld is differnet everytime I strike an arc so I dont even have a machine of my own that will pulse.

Think I've always been too proud to use pulse. I'm over it. Takes less effort, looks better, welds faster, and there's an extreme difference in heat signature. Gonna put it to the test.

Bet the stats don't tell you how many of them built IFS cars because, the rock crawler they kept modifying couldn't keep up.

Wonder how many of them run both, solid axle cars and IFS cars throughout a championship series.

Just for example he's won koh twice, and prob would have been 3 times if he didn't have troubles that one year, I think it was the transmission or whatever.And if im not mistaken isn't he the only driver to do this without a co driver?

If and when someone builds a complete bullet proof IFS car there is now way you could reason that a straight axle car could be better. Letting the tires work individually has got to be better than having two tires tied together.

Do you think Loren will drive his new ifs car at koh? Or will he do what he did last year and leave the ifs at home and race his straight axle car . And won. Just saying ifs has only won 1 koh. Hammer trails are a little harder than those rock piles they make at those races. Good luck, dude. Keep digging.

tiny said:
Do you think Loren will drive his new ifs car at koh? Or will he do what he did last year and leave the ifs at home and race his straight axle car . And won. Just saying ifs has only won 1 koh. Hammer trails are a little harder than those rock piles they make at those races. Good luck, dude. Keep digging.

I predict he won't be racing his straight axle car since it morphed into a stack of hundos.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

^^^^ I wasn't going to elaborate cause I talk too much anyway.

He has a lot of seat time in it now. Who knows. Bet it will be a gut decision by Loren himself, looking back at the race prep after every different race he did this year.

crawlin85cj said:
I predict he won't be racing his straight axle car since it morphed into a stack of hundos.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

Well, there ya go....

Elliott said:
Just for example he's won koh twice, and prob would have been 3 times if he didn't have troubles that one year, I think it was the transmission or whatever.And if im not mistaken isn't he the only driver to do this without a co driver?

If and when someone builds a complete bullet proof IFS car there is now way you could reason that a straight axle car could be better. Letting the tires work individually has got to be better than having two tires tied together.
In the desert yes but in the rocks there is no way you will ever get traction from a ifs to be better than straight axle