• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Early Christmas present - Marine headunit

TQJ CJ5

Thank you wifey. Nifty little set-up that I'll be installing in the buggy. Everything on the face is waterproof...fold-down face for CD and IPOD controls built in as well as aux in for other units.

sonyreceiver.jpg

Just thought it was neat looking and ends up being quite functional as well.

Terry

Last edited:
Cool. If my Pioneer deck ever fails (been going on 8 years of trail abuse, wont even skip) I might check that out.

Everything on the face is waterproof
What does the back look like...is is waterproof as well? I see that it has coated curcuit boards, but if water dripped on top of it would it cause issues? I also noticed that you can purchase a wired remote for the unit...might be nice to mount it out of the way & have the remote pad on the dash. :cool:

What does the back look like...is is waterproof as well? I see that it has coated curcuit boards, but if water dripped on top of it would it cause issues? I also noticed that you can purchase a wired remote for the unit...might be nice to mount it out of the way & have the remote pad on the dash. :cool:

Good question. In my application, the unit will be mounted so that the case will be nearly vertical as opposed to the typical horizontal installation found in most vehicles.

I listen to my rig falling apart when I wheel, I guess I need to upgrade.

actually so do I but I figured a decent head-unit would be nice for when I'm going slow enough that the various worn-out stuff isn't clanking and banging (as much)

Good question. In my application, the unit will be mounted so that the case will be nearly vertical as opposed to the typical horizontal installation found in most vehicles.
Sounds like a smart move on the vertical mount, but you didn't really answer the question...what does the back look like? I assume it is not water resistant...

I would sell the head unit and put the $ towards a front 60 or twinstickable t-case.

All in due time. I've only had the buggy out a few times. I'd like to enjoy it for a while before doing anything major. Nonetheless, I'm keepin an eye open for Ford 60...have to see what kind of money comes my way over the holidays, tax return, holiday/sick time pay out, etc...

Latest posts