• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Eastside Tire Groover?

Farmersmalls

I was just wondering if anyone over on the Eastside possibly around the Walla Walla area would have a groover I could cut up my new tires with?

Figured I'd ask if anyone had one I could use instead of buying one just doesn't seem like a tool I'd use alot. Anyways thanks!!!!!

Figured I'd ask if anyone had one I could use instead of buying one just doesn't seem like a tool I'd use alot. Anyways thanks!!!!!

You'd be surprised how often you end up using it, or more correctly, how many friends ask to borrow it!!!:redneck:
Maybe, if you can't find one to borrow, you and a few friends could go in on one...cuts the cost way down, and still gets you and your buddies one to use when needed!!! :awesomework: Our club has one, and whenever it is used, that person that uses it throws a few bucks in the storage case its in for the consumables (blades/anvils,etc....)...has worked out well so far!:;

For $80 bucks, its a useful tool to have laying around. Hell, you can even cut more life into old shoes or sipe your tires with it.

when I bought mine I ordered 4 packs of blades with it, cut many sets of tires and still have some. A buddy told me to get the 1/4" one because it is easier to cut twice with a 1/4" than once with a 1/2" blade....I did and on the small tires 1/4" works good but on 40's twice is better...great tool to have! When I get back from MN I will have mine :cheer: and will be cutting up my awesome hummer tires!

That's the one that the Ridge Rams have. I was very pleased with the results and how it was to use.

Well guess I'll just order one. Have any of you guys used the ideal groover? Seems like a decent one to me and not that expensive.

Ideal is what I have... jpwheeler on here gave it to me(it needed the handle fixed) thanks again Sean... It works really well... Crazydaze sold me some blades that work ten times better than any of the others out there...

The little hand held Ideal groovers work great ... depending on what you are cutting. It cuts my Rockers great, cuts TSL's great, Iroks great... etc...

It wouldn't cut my old Michelin XZL's for ****.. and don't even waste your time trying to cut the H1 surplus Goodyears with it... you will be there FOREVER.

Either way, get the tires good and warm before you cut them... makes it go alot faster :awesomework:

Well thanks everyone just ordered the ideal groover!!!! Anyone got any pictures of how they have cut up there iroks just not really sure on how I want to cut them? Seen some pictures of people that just cut the middle treads in half just wondering if anyone else has done them differently? Well thanks again

Well got the groover and it works amazing! Took about 1 hour to do all my
39" iroks. Still think I need to cut some more but I'll wait and see how they do. What do you guys think any suggestions?

IMG_0414.jpg

Thanks guys!!!! I was wondering if it would be bad on the blade but I wasn't about to wash them off when it was like 20 degree outside and figured that was why i ordered extras:D but thanks. I did do all 4 tires with one blade. I'm still not sure on what else to cut out I like the one in the picture and am thinking along those lines! I'll probably just get drunk one of these nights and let my creative side take over....lol But thanks for the help guys appreciate it!!!!

Latest posts