• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ECORS Stock Class build - TTB Bronco - IFS Toyota

Hell it's all tube now, no need for a poll...

• WIN!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Upside down and on fire?

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
Re: ECORS Stock Class build - TTB Bronco

5BrothersFabrication said:
I dig it. You need to bump up to B class, we can play cat and mouse through the woods! :driving:
Also, I have an EB grille center, yours if you want it.

Thanks for the offer on the grill shell, but I can't run it in A class.

If I end up bumping to B class I'll most likely skin the front clip as an EB. For B class I'd want to run ARBs f/r, chromoly front shafts, coilover'd front TTB, 4 linked rear w/ coilovers...

So yeah, it'd pretty much be a built motor from sounding a lot like an ultra 4 buggy with a full frame.

I wonder if I could just run A and B class with the same rig, Don't know if I could handle a whole day of racing lol

God-o-mighty, I'd LOOOOOVE to do a 24 hour race on a "trail ride" kind of track. You know, the loooong rides down fire roads and game trails where nobody really breaks all day trails? Or a motocross track with a long woods section. I'd be in there like swim wear! :****: :driving:

Got the motor set in last night and engine mounts finished.

2012-02-05222417.jpg

short 3/4" bolt welded to the bushing, drops in the factory frame holes.

2012-02-05222430.jpg

Gonna set the trans/tcase in place tonight and hopefully get to work on some tube this week.

To start tonights wrenching off, token mexican teammate Mongo showed up with a 12 pack of Bud and the proper attitude.

2012-02-06201727.jpg

We wrestled the trans into place, much easier with no body.

2012-02-06172419.jpg

Tagged the C6 for my trans builder "KillerB". Bill says this piece will hold 600hp, so the stock 351 shouldnt even make it break a sweat. Specs are converted straight pattern FMVB and all the good mods to make it hold up to abuse.

2012-02-06192148.jpg

1356 Tcase was deemed to be healthy, so it was slung back in place too

2012-02-06201815.jpg

Also picked up another 9" that is in much better condition than the first one I tore down. We got 'er stripped down and let Johnny Unser wash the 3rd.

2012-02-06201710.jpg

2012-02-06201746.jpg

Man glad too hear that rear end turned out good for ya was it posi or open diff??

tommy450r said:
Man glad too hear that rear end turned out good for ya was it posi or open diff??

Thanks Tommy, it was a posi, just an ol wore out posi laughing1

I am on the process of getting some vinyl stickers done. I will throw some your way. I do like the spray paint lol.

HELL.....I bet that built C6 will tote off MORE than just 600 HP :****:

;D

zukiscott said:
HELL.....I bet that built C6 will tote off MORE than just 600 HP :****:

;D

I'd like to find out. :fish: Anyone wanna give dontations so I can buy Daniel's (gomer pyle) 650hp 427 stroker SBF !!??? hitit hitit

Well, a little progress has been made on the Bronco... but we realized that there was no way that it would be done for the first race, and running a full season was important to us, so I bought a mostly stock 94 toyota that I had previously worked on (lift/lockers/tcase gears), and we cut it up, caged it, and got it race ready.

This will most likely be the race rig for this season and the Bronco will get built into a proper race rig. Possibly mod class if I decide to link the rear (likely)

2012-03-11202858.jpg

Tube work looks great on the toyota, I especially like the rolled tube for front fenders. Will be looking for ya at the races.

AW HELL....PAINT SHMAINT...... just give it hell and scuff it up some, be lookin just fine then ;D

Yeah Baby! thumb.gif

I'll be missing the first race but go get em for Team Robby Bobby bro! :drinkers:

Started in the 12th position, finished 11th! Not bad since normally half the field DNFs

Locked front axle and 4.7 geared case is NOT what you need for blasting around the woods. All that'll be fixed before the next race.

Didnt stop us from catching some air :dblthumb: :driving:

ToyotaECORS.jpg

TBItoy said:
Started in the 12th position, finished 11th! Not bad since normally half the field DNFs

Locked front axle and 4.7 geared case is NOT what you need for blasting around the woods. All that'll be fixed before the next race.

Didnt stop us from catching some air :dblthumb: :driving:

Hell im still surprised we finished... it was definitely a good time though! That an flying toyotas are a freakin blast! ;D

Latest posts