• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ECORS Stock Class build - TTB Bronco - IFS Toyota

Hell it's all tube now, no need for a poll...

• WIN!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Upside down and on fire?

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
First race at The Flats in Marion, NC.

Started in the 12th positon (staggered time start) finished up 11th of 19. (12-19 DNF'd)

With the 4.7 single case, top speed was only 27mph, boucnin off the rev limiter... and wrestling around the woods with a locked front was DUMB!

It'll be getting a stock case and open front before the next race. Also had to fix a lil oil leak that developed on the oil pump o-ring.

ECORSToyotaTheFlats.jpg

ECORSToyotaTheFlats2.jpg

ECORSToyotaTheFlats4.jpg

With the ball joint spacers in the front, it's got more uptravel... But the stock shocks bottomed out HARD before the bumpstops acutally hit...

I'd like to put some hoops on the front and 2.0" resi's all the way around before the next race. That would REALLY help with the rough stuff! Maybe some airbumps in the front also.

Anyone got a know a good vender or know anyone that could suggest some valving for a stock IFS toyota? ???

i was looking at Fox and Profender shocks. Probably gonna go with Fox 8" on the front and 12" on the back

Got my shocks mounted. Couldn't come up with a real good place for the airbumps, don't really think they are necessary anyway. If I do end up using them on the front, I'll have to limit them to ~1" travel to use them on the lower a-arm. I might put a plate on the upper balljoint bolts and mount the airbump off of the shock hoop, then put a crossbar in. We'll see.
2012-05-16185923.jpg

2012-05-16185954.jpg

2012-05-16190006.jpg

2012-05-16190021.jpg

2012-05-16190119.jpg

So far, all I can say is WOW. The shocks made a HUGE difference on hot-lapping the powerline trail around my house. The truck doesn't bounce off the ground going uphill, or nose dive when you hit the brakes. Pretty impressed, and I'm sure it'll be better when I tune the shocks a bit. initial impression is that the front might need stiffened up a bit.

JDodd said:
Do you think they would let would let a toyota with with custom long travel control arms race in A class?

The rule is "stock style" suspension, or leaf spring SAS. Long travel kits OK, Long arm kits OK, custom/swapped leaf springs OK.

It's according to what springs you have. If the truck was originally torsion bar (like mine), then you have to use torsion bars (no coilover conversion).

A Tacoma would be the best for a race truck, because they come with coilovers from the factory, so you can put whatever badass coilovers you want on the front.

Truck did great this weekend. Broke an idler arm pre-running, so I was a bit gun shy to beat on the steering during the acutal race. I'll beef all the steering before the next race for sure, cause the rig is ready to rock.

Profender shocks did awesome, truck flys and lands decent now. Gonna try to do some shock tuning before the next race also. Thinking that the front needs more compression valving. And I'm gonna get the airbumps shortended and mounted also...

FINISHED 6TH OF 22. Can't really complain about that. We've got the ENDURANCE part down, now we just gotta make this rig competitive!

101gap2.jpg

101gap3.jpg

gap101.jpg

GAP.jpg

GAP101-1.jpg

here's a pretty cool sequence. I passed the ZUZU in the next corner! Basically the first legit pass I've ever made racing. It was badass.

ZU101GAP1.jpg

ZU101GAP2-1.jpg

ZU101GAP3.jpg

ZU101GAP4.jpg

ZU101GAP5.jpg

ridered3 said:
Truck looks like it did everything quite well. Now just to get used to it and go fast!

I could have drove it a lot faster if I wasn't afraid of wadding up the steering. When the average lap times are 9-10 minutes, pretty much any breakage puts you out of the race.

Half the field was out by the 3rd lap. :****: So I made the decision to back off a bit and keep the truck together. I really thought we were set up for a top 5 finish, but if #151 and #111 hadn't broken on the 8th/9th laps, we would have been 8th. :p

I'm gonna get to work and get the steering beefed up so I can take it to Blackhouse for some high speed driving practice and shock/airbump tuning

drycreekjeep said:
man that looks like alot of fun.!!!

get ahold of something cheap, stock, and preferably fast and come racing with us booyang

Pretty much anything will work, Toyota, Isuzu, Nissan, Zuki, Cherocar, Subaru, Daewoo, Kia, Anything! :****:

TBItoy said:
get ahold of something cheap, stock, and preferably fast and come racing with us booyang

Pretty much anything will work, Toyota, Isuzu, Nissan, Zuki, Cherocar, Subaru, Daewoo, Kia, Anything! :****:

Daewoo... :flipoff1:

Re: Re: ECORS Stock Class build - TTB Bronco - IFS Toyota

Well the ol race truck suffered it's first DNF ever.

ECORS #1 Dayton TN

~3 mile course, 4 hour race format (max distance in 4 hours)

I pre ran a lot on Friday, 6 laps + 2 qualifiing laps.

Qualified in the dark and did pretty decent. Mid pack start.

The "bonus line" was my defeat. We had to make a "hard" rock climb at least 2x in the 4 hours to be eligible for podium.

About 1.5 hour in, I figured I'd give it a go. Scooted up it fine the first try. Feeling confident, I went for it again on the next lap...

The frontend hopped hard and popped. No front drive. I suspeced a broke CV shaft and was near the pits, so I wasn't worried... Backed down the hill, got out to check for damage. Shafts and steering looked good... Crap. Ring gear.

I knew I was pretty much done for at that point and what was left of the ring gear wouldn't hold much longer, so I backed up to the fence, and hit the bonus line with everthing she had. Took a BIG bounce and landed on top, crowd cheeering!

I SNAPPED a pass side tie rod in the process, and eased the 101 across the top of the rock face with cross-eyed steering. I had a spare on the truck and swapped it pretty quick, only lost 2-3 laps to the leaders.

The 101 was rolling again, but severly toed in and the front gears were CLANK CLANK BANG BANG all the way around the course.

I finished that lap and started the next, completed the lap with the gears about to give up... Next lap I was down to 2wd and couldn't navigate the slick hills in rear drive. After winching 3x to dry ground, I managed to finish that lap and threw in the towl.

Completing my last lap I got the sign for 1:20 remaining, so I wasn't too disappointed.

The changes made the truck much easier and more comfortable to drive, so 4 hours wouldn't have been a problem had the ring gear not let go.

I'll have it back up and going for ECORS #2 at the Great American Park in Auburn, AL May 4 (I hope)

Look at that TOE... There is a good chance that a SAS might happen soon...

8586223055_1967beb060_b.jpg

jutuputy.jpg

y2u9a6y5.jpg