• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Hills Focus Group Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw nothing but jeeps up there. Nothing over 35" tires. Ran into 3 cherokees
on 33" tires heading into the busy backward. Most of the other jeeps were back at the camp.

Oh my god!!! Not backwards!!! call the tree cops the sky is falling!!! :flipoff:

They debark the trees at the mill the average fir is worth 100 dollars its 1 dollar per foot on 2 foot diameter trees the first 2 feet are left on the stump a lot of bark is also knocked off when they are loaded and skidded up

Your a tree guy steve. How useable is a tree that has bark missing at the bottom 6 feet?

i work at a sawmill as does your dad if anything its less work to make the lumber 1 less step

They debark the trees at the mill the average fir is worth 100 dollars its 1 dollar per foot on 2 foot diameter trees the first 2 feet are left on the stump a lot of bark is also knocked off when they are loaded and skidded up

Thank you.

The butt cuts have the lowest value even if the tree is totaly scarred it can go for pulp there is no wood waste

This must be you then.http://www.dogpoundoffroad.org/pastruns/2006/elbe/Jun_17th/index.html Look to the bottom of the page at the elbe movie.

Can you say LOCKERS!!!!!! You type of people are the perfect example of how the trails get torn up. How about your fullsize trucks in the busy? Your a jackass dude. Your the type that cause all the problems.Talk about digging holes,running into trees.........your the fawks that give wheelin a bad name. Stick to mud holes fags.

resposible trail ruining at its best.:awesomework:

Last edited:
Oh my god!!! Not backwards!!! call the tree cops the sky is falling!!! :flipoff:

sorry you must not have seen the new signs put up.

1-800-TATTLEONAWHEELER:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

call em in odie. keep track of your phone time, DNR can give us volunteer time for it.:haha: :haha: :haha:

I just watched the "dog pound elbe video"............all I can say is that most of those clowns have rigs that are under equipped (no lockers) not much common sense when it comes to driving (off the trail and hitting trees on purpose) and we wonder why everyone is pissed because the trails are getting shut down.............watch the video..........there's the reason.

so what your saying is the DNR stands to make more money ticketing avg joe, than by farming trees?:puke:

do you know how many tickets one tree can be responsible for over its lifetime. the tickets are over $200 each.:kissmyass:

there gonna haveta cut more trees missing bark anyways (need the pulp for more tickets):cheer:

one helluva system dont ya think.:awesomework:

Saw nothing but jeeps up there. Nothing over 35" tires. Ran into 3 cherokees
on 33" tires heading into the busy backward. Most of the other jeeps were back at the camp.

Did you stop and educate them as to why its one way:eeek: as far as the trees it would be great if the DNR could just sell the damaged and windfall trees but they cant. It has to go thru a timber sale by law. Just another thing we can thank the GAGs for:mad:

Did you stop and educate them as to why its one way:eeek: as far as the trees it would be great if the DNR could just sell the damaged and windfall trees but they cant. It has to go thru a timber sale by law. Just another thing we can thank the GAGs for:mad:

why would he explain something that he doesnt agree with?? :eeek: do you think they are going to listen. they already ignored the signs.:masturbanana[1]: :masturbanana[1]:

I said something to them about the one way signs but they kept going. They were heading in the direction of the busy and said they hadnt been there yet so Im asuming thats where they were going.

I just watched the "dog pound elbe video"............all I can say is that most of those clowns have rigs that are under equipped (no lockers) not much common sense when it comes to driving (off the trail and hitting trees on purpose) and we wonder why everyone is pissed because the trails are getting shut down.............watch the video..........there's the reason.

I "believe" and at times I am mistaken but I am pretty sure that was taken before the club split up and actualy became a club. It was my understanding (3rd party) that issues like that are why the group devided in the first place and that the "current" dogpound club is much more trail friendly.

DNR can sell the damaged trees and wind falls only it's called select thinng timber sale

Last edited:
I said something to them about the one way signs but they kept going. They were heading in the direction of the busy and said they hadnt been there yet so Im asuming thats where they were going.

So did you get lic #s so we can police our own or are we just gonna wait until they post a LEO up there or close it down to all of us:eeek:
We may not always agree with the rules and laws but this one was created to keep the trail open. If we continue to allow uphill use the trail will become eroded to the point of no repair and the trail will be CLOSED:mad:

well yes i run lockers front and rear and dont hit trees and no this group does not go on busy wild. i do because im equiped to and yes im on 33s. most of these guys are new to the sport of wheeling at the time we did this run .we staid on the trail and the porpouse off our club is that we cant just go out and spend as much $ on our rigs as you guys do so most off us dont wheel with you, ther for we started dogpound. since then we have contributed many hours of uor time into doing trail repairs. so now i ask? y do you need to be so big in the first place as i go everyware you go with half the effort. not that big rigs arnt cool but really y?

So did you get lic #s so we can police our own or are we just gonna wait until they post a LEO up there or close it down to all of us:eeek:
We may not always agree with the rules and laws but this one was created to keep the trail open. If we continue to allow uphill use the trail will become eroded to the point of no repair and the trail will be CLOSED:mad:

No plates that i could see.

I "believe" and at times I am mistaken but I am pretty sure that was taken before the club split up and actualy became a club. It was my understanding (3rd party) that issues like that are why the group devided in the first place and that the "current" dogpound club is much more trail friendly.

thank you you are dead on! i use tree savers and try my damndest to stay off the trees.

DNR can sell the damaged trees and wind falls it's called select thinng timber sale

But it still has to go thru the bid process as a regular sale. Its not like they can just go in and get one or two trees because they blew down. If there is a sale to retrive blowdowns on the trail how do you think they would haul them out? Maybe skidders right down the trail thus destroying the trail:booo: This dosent even begin to get into "habitat" logs(blowdowns) and the reasons as to why their "important":eeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.