• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Hills Orv Spring Clean Up

I just registered just to sign up for the clean up. I should be free that weekend. my rig may or may not be done by then (waiting on that money tree i planed to bloom) but i have a off-road(ish) trailer that i can offer to help pull trash out.

well it looks like i'm not going to be able to bring the up the mini excavator anymore we broke a track in half on it at work and the new track won't be in on time. But i'll still be up there to help out. Just wanted to give a heads up

Would it be possible to post in the "NW Trail Chatter" forum? Lots of people look there for something to do on any given weekend. Less views in the show & events forum. Just trying to atract more peps.

Well as of today there is snow on the road at elbe again. Not a terrible amount but a couple of inches.... If this snow doesnt melt off this week. it is going to be very hard to have a productive work party. I am playing this one by ear and hopeing we can pull it off. What do you guys think.....????

Last edited:
Well as of today there is snow on the road at elbe again. Not a terrible amount but a couple of inches.... If this snow doesnt melt off this week. it is going to be very hard to have a productive work party. I am playing this one by ear and hopeing we can pull it off. What do you guys think.....????

I've been watching the long range forecast - which I realize as about as accurate as horrorscopes :) but currently that weekend looks fair to good weatherwise. I guess part of that depends upon whats on the agenda?

If it's fixing anything on the busy probably not, at least for a few months. I don't see working on the mud hole aka the swamp trail very doable in this weather. If it's working on most of the other trails, they should be doable. IIRC there was talk of doing signs and marking the trails. I think this is very feasible regardless of weather.

We do have signs to put up. There is also alot of little things to do on the trails. This winter has been very hard on the trail system up there due to the fact the snow has stayed around way to long and created very soft soil and standing water.... I have no problem having the work party as long as people want to still show up knowing what the conditions are up there....

I made arrangements... so I plan on being there, with kids in tow. Jaydog is going to be there and I'm sure JR is as well.

I haven't heard from the rest of my club yet.

It would be nice to see a few of those 200+ people that showed up at the focus group, make a showing.

Last edited:
I will be there Saturday, just let me know if you think that we can be effective on the swamp trail with the Excavator, if not we can bring it up another weekend.

I will be there Saturday, just let me know if you think that we can be effective on the swamp trail with the Excavator, if not we can bring it up another weekend.

I think it'll be put to work somewhere.

Joe, one of our guys just asked me if you would want/need a trail trailer for the work party?

I can't wait to see this pull in. He's going to use my tow rig because his out of commission. He has modified an old travelhome trailer frame - ripped the entire top off it and put a bed on it. His trail trailer fits on the front and his jeep fits on the back and balances over the wheels perfectly. Plus he'll have his camped on the back of my pickup.

This is going to be SO redneck!!!!!

Let me know if you forsee a need for the trailer and I'll let him know.

Its possible...... Redneck or clampets..... why do i here dualing banjo's playing in the back ground all of a sudden

Snow is forecast for all week until Friday when it warms up FAST and starts to rain. Weather.com says mid 50s and wet for Saturday. We should at least be snow free by then.

Work Party is a go just talk to Dnr tonight

Sunday we plan on doing any projects we didnt finish on saterday.

We will be putting up 2 information kiosks
repairing a stump on mainline and adjusting the trail a little
Putting up as many diamonds as possible to mark trail corridor
Putting in 2 water bars to keep sunrise from looking like a river
Getting camp ground ready for memorial day
Doing any other maint we see along the way :D

We could use a skidsteer with a post hole digger if anybody has one or evan a 2 man gas powered unit would work also

Latest posts