• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Hills Work Party Aug 25-26 2012

We started staging logs today to save time next weekend. See ya there! :awesomework:

Awesome. I've got some old winch cable I'll bring in case we need it for whatever. The Dodge blew it's clutch slave cylinder ( in the thick of 161 no less) so I've got to change out the hydraulics this week.

Figured out real quick I can drive the Dodge without any clutch pedal whatsoever, towing the junk no less.

Where is this last picture taken? Is that the trail that leads back to main road from the hill climb with the boulders? (Rainer Vista IIRC)

Wow, that's really gotten overgrown. All that brush, that close to the trail is why I thought is was the back side of R.V.

Been two years this past wekend since I've been up there so no wonder looks different.

The pic where it looks brushy is in the overgrown alder patch at the end of the log crawl. The obstacles extend further up the hill each time we work on it. :awesomework:

good work on the trails guys. shits so wicked the mog wouldn't make it. im down to use the mog to haul rocks up the vista. gotta get out there and give a hand soon.

good work on the trails guys. shits so wicked the mog wouldn't make it. im down to use the mog to haul rocks up the vista. gotta get out there and give a hand soon.

I would like to get back on that too. I found out a couple years ago, that that is a very difficult task. It took 4 hours to get 5 big rocks up there and we didn't even get them all the way to the top where I wanted them.

WTF, you guys are doing GREAT work on the Alder Loop!!!!!!

I would like to get back on that too. I found out a couple years ago, that that is a very difficult task. It took 4 hours to get 5 big rocks up there and we didn't even get them all the way to the top where I wanted them.

Why not make rock obstacles at the top and bottom of the hill? There has been accelerated erosion where you put the rocks because of the steep grade and soil composition.

Why not make rock obstacles at the top and bottom of the hill? There has been accelerated erosion where you put the rocks because of the steep grade and soil composition.

There are lots of good spots on the bottom but there aren't really any natural bypasses available. After the long discussions in the past, it was decided that where ever a hard spot was put in, that there would be a less difficult way around it. If it was possible to move the remaining rocks into to the first hundred yards, it could all get done in a weekend. But that would be a very nasty 100 yards.