• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Labor Day Weekend

Were you the ones camping at the opening/begining of the trail head. At the top off the hill?

Yeah that was us.

And crazybluerider, dont know if it was you or one of the guys you were with but thanks for the tip on the coil modulator thingy on the blazer, got it running and have a few spares:awesomework:

Ya that was me. Good deal. I used to tow with a 68 chev that I had converted to HEI and also a 79 that came with it from the factory. I had modules go out in both of them. I always carry a spare in the glovebox for any rig I own with HEI. The shitter is that its a 10 minute fix if you have one but if you don't it'll ruin your whole weekend.

So I got a Question.
Who Had the Show Truck Yota Sittin at the
entrance to Gotcha.

Is that someone on here.....
83ish Red with a Chrome Roll cage.

Anyway, looks like ya'll had way more fun then us out there
last weekend. But We did have a hell of a lot of fun.
First time Drivin in a few years.......

Yeah that was us.

And crazybluerider, dont know if it was you or one of the guys you were with but thanks for the tip on the coil modulator thingy on the blazer, got it running and have a few spares:awesomework:

so you were the group that pissed off nancy from the dnr so what was with all the trash and the sign post in the fire pit:eeek:

Me and most of my group left on sunday. There was a few ppl that i dont know that showed up/stayed late sunday and monday. Nothing i can do about it after i left. Cant be responsible for everyone. Im not the kind to destroy stuff and leave trash around. Thanks.

Sounds like because of your group. they are planing to close down all camping outside the camp ground.. Thats gonna make some people real happy. How come ive never seen any of your trucks/rigs at any of the clean up runs? They are having one Sep.18-19th maybe you should ralley your group to help fix what was damaged?

Sounds like because of your group. they are planing to close down all camping outside the camp ground.. Thats gonna make some people real happy. How come ive never seen any of your trucks/rigs at any of the clean up runs? They are having one Sep.18-19th maybe you should ralley your group to help fix what was damaged?

X's 2..... ASSHATS!!!!!!!

so you were the group that pissed off nancy from the dnr so what was with all the trash and the sign post in the fire pit:eeek:

Like i said, I wasnt around for any of this and all of us are really into wheeling and keeping everything nice and clean. And again, there were some there not in my group that might be responsible for the damage/trash. Id like to know more about what was destroyed.

And I really doubt there gonna close down camping outside of the campground just because of 'My Group' or whoever it was. You really think i would be posting here and putting pictures up if I/we were guilty of trashing the area? Seriously guys think a little before you start name calling, labeling and blaming ppl for things.
And as far as the clean up runs... we drive toyotas...when were not wheelin our trucks, there broken and were working on them:haha: Ive always tried to make it to them just never worked out.:awesomework:

Last edited:
The sign for the gotcha trail was missing and there was a treated sign post in the fire pit monday morning. There was also a lot of trash laying around.

Like i said, I wasnt around for any of this and all of us are really into wheeling and keeping everything nice and clean. And again, there were some there not in my group that might be responsible for the damage/trash. Id like to know more about what was destroyed.

And I really doubt there gonna close down camping outside of the campground just because of 'My Group' or whoever it was. You really think i would be posting here and putting pictures up if I/we were guilty of trashing the area? Seriously guys think a little before you start name calling, labeling and blaming ppl for things.
And as far as the clean up runs... we drive toyotas...when were not wheelin our trucks, there broken and were working on them:haha: Ive always tried to make it to them just never worked out.:awesomework:

Ya the DNA rep. for the area. Stated that their was two bags of burnt trash bags in the fire pit. Rigs and boot legs trails around the area you/n your friends were camping that weekend and burnt sign posts... And at the DNR meeting last nite. A meeting for the Elbe area ORV users. They said that that camp site and others will be closed. Because of damaged like that. I hope you think im not just on here sayin a bunch of B.S these are facts...

Ya the DNA rep. for the area. Stated that their was two bags of burnt trash bags in the fire pit. Rigs and boot legs trails around the area you/n your friends were camping that weekend and burnt sign posts... And at the DNR meeting last nite. A meeting for the Elbe area ORV users. They said that that camp site and others will be closed. Because of damaged like that. I hope you think im not just on here sayin a bunch of B.S these are facts...

Yep I just finished closing one this weekend and plan on closing another next. I also picked up TWELVE bags of trash:eeek: and didnt even make a dent in all the garbage thats up there. I cleaned two camping / party spots three ****I.. times:mad: in four days:eeek:

For a little clarification, there is NO legal camping at Elbe, except for in the campground.

I talked with Nancy about this a few weeks ago. All the campsites that you see around Elbe ORV park are all illegal campsites. The only legal place to overnight camp and have a campfire is in the campground.

I was up doing some work on the Rainier Vista a few weeks ago. Talked with a group camped at the bootleg campsite at the end of Gotcha/start of Rainier Vista. I let them know that they were in an illegal campsite and that fires weren't allowed. I let them know so that they wouldn't get in trouble with the DNR. I left a couple hours later while my buddy with the excavator continued his work. He let me know that even after I talked with them they left the campsite unattended twice that day with a roaring campfire going. Some people are just plain STUPID. This was still the peak of fire season. We'd just been let back in to do work as we were held off for several weeks due to fire precautions.

Someone had tried to block off the campsite with boulders, but they blocked the road instead of the campsite so everyone just drove around them. Unfortunately I got in touch with Nancy too late to have my buddy block off the correct stuff. Someone had also cut down a pretty large tree right at the entrance to that bootleg campsite in order to get around the blockade and they were using it for firewood.

We had a similar talk with people up at the pit at the end of the 9 road. They were camping up there illegally and there was remnants of a large campfire there as well. They denied that it was there's and stated that they arrived very late that night and the firepit was already there.

It's my understanding (although I was not at the Focus Group Meeting - my bad) that it has always been illegal to camp anywhere else but the campground, but it was tolerated, not anymore.

For a little clarification, there is NO legal camping at Elbe, except for in the campground.

I talked with Nancy about this a few weeks ago. All the campsites that you see around Elbe ORV park are all illegal campsites. The only legal place to overnight camp and have a campfire is in the campground.

I was up doing some work on the Rainier Vista a few weeks ago. Talked with a group camped at the bootleg campsite at the end of Gotcha/start of Rainier Vista. I let them know that they were in an illegal campsite and that fires weren't allowed. I let them know so that they wouldn't get in trouble with the DNR. I left a couple hours later while my buddy with the excavator continued his work. He let me know that even after I talked with them they left the campsite unattended twice that day with a roaring campfire going. Some people are just plain STUPID. This was still the peak of fire season. We'd just been let back in to do work as we were held off for several weeks due to fire precautions.

Someone had tried to block off the campsite with boulders, but they blocked the road instead of the campsite so everyone just drove around them. Unfortunately I got in touch with Nancy too late to have my buddy block off the correct stuff. Someone had also cut down a pretty large tree right at the entrance to that bootleg campsite in order to get around the blockade and they were using it for firewood.

We had a similar talk with people up at the pit at the end of the 9 road. They were camping up there illegally and there was remnants of a large campfire there as well. They denied that it was there's and stated that they arrived very late that night and the firepit was already there.

It's my understanding (although I was not at the Focus Group Meeting - my bad) that it has always been illegal to camp anywhere else but the campground, but it was tolerated, not anymore.

Everytime we come out of the gotcha trail and cross the rocks to go into the start of the ranier vista we are greeted by drunk redneck motorcycle/atv/quad riders camped there.

Never once have I seen wheelers camped there, just "I do whatever atvers":rolleyes:

Everytime we come out of the gotcha trail and cross the rocks to go into the start of the ranier vista we are greeted by drunk redneck motorcycle/atv/quad riders camped there.

Never once have I seen wheelers camped there, just "I do whatever atvers":rolleyes:

That's who was there then too. Seemed OK when we spoke with them. We had a big excavator. Should have helped them MOVE....

When we have our next work weekend for the Rainer Vista, that camp area will go away, if someone else doesn't take care of it first.

The Rainier Vista sign is FULL of bullet holes.... We spend at least an hour last time picking up shell casing from people at that campsite. Not NEARLY as many as we picked up at the pit, but it was still ridiculous.

The Rainier Vista sign is FULL of bullet holes.... We spend at least an hour last time picking up shell casing from people at that campsite. Not NEARLY as many as we picked up at the pit, but it was still ridiculous.

No ****, I dont go wheelin at the shooting pit before the atv trails, so why do they have to shoot at the atv trails?:mad:

Wish them fawkers would go shooting by some hiking trails.:redneck: