• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Labor Day Weekend

One thing I will say. Todays partying minors are very destructive. We used to party at the shelter and never chainsawed it up or trashed it like today.

And when folks/losers/gangstas from town showed up to trash the place, we ran them off rather quickly.:D

One of the other reasons its getting trashed is you cant drive a car over the bridge into "national" to party anymore.

One thing I will say. Todays partying minors are very destructive. We used to party at the shelter and never chainsawed it up or trashed it like today.

And when folks/losers/gangstas from town showed up to trash the place, we ran them off rather quickly.:D

One of the other reasons its getting trashed is you cant drive a car over the bridge into "national" to party anymore.

is that the bridge thats washed out over on the nisqually near the "sand track"?

is that the bridge thats washed out over on the nisqually near the "sand track"?

Yep. I have noticed Nancy viewing this thread for the past 15 minutes.

No response? no camping rules? Why not answer some of the questions or comment?:confused:

Wouldnt this have been the perfect opertunity to educate some users that are uncertain on some things?

No response? no camping rules? Why not answer some of the questions or comment?:confused:

Wouldnt this have been the perfect opertunity to educate some users that are uncertain on some things?

she's educating herself right now... she has the bait from the "E-Thug" also...:haha:

Give her some time to digest all this. There's a lot of tangents in this thread.

Plus, unless she's at work, she ONLY has dialup. She's probably still downloading the first page!:redneck::redneck:

ya, i don't understand why kids are so destructive these days.

I was destructive teenager, but nothing like todays kids.

I think the more we talk with the people up there and help educate them on whats going on, the better the place will be.:awesomework:

Just getting to the end of the thread. I like to have all the information before jumping into the middle of something.

Camping outside of campgrounds is not illegal on all DNR lands. A forest can choose to post it illegal. Most forests do, however Elbe does not and therefore it is legal to camp outside of designated camp areas.

It is illegal to camp where posted a day-use area.
It is illegal to have a camp fire any time outside of designated approved fire pits, which are only in the campgrounds.
It is illegal to block roads, trails or gates.
It is illegal to take a vehicle off of open roads unless marked as a trail.
It is illegal to camp where posted closed.

It seems there is some confusion on the rules, but the link earlier posted will take you to the DNR recreation rules.

I am thankful to all who are taking responsibility for the good things happening in Elbe. It is your system, but it is on borrowed land. I get frustrated the same as you with the growing numbers of people who think the forest is a place to do anything they want with no consequences. Somebody ends up being responsible for picking up after them, whether it means paying for new signs, picking up trash, disposing of trash, repairing damaged roads, ditches, etc...

Share the woods. There is enough to go around, but act like adults. For the most part on here we are singing to the chior. Thanks for reaching out to those who need to be touched still.

Just getting to the end of the thread. I like to have all the information before jumping into the middle of something.

Camping outside of campgrounds is not illegal on all DNR lands. A forest can choose to post it illegal. Most forests do, however Elbe does not and therefore it is legal to camp outside of designated camp areas.

It is illegal to have a camp fire any time outside of designated approved fire pits, which are only in the campgrounds.

It seems there is some confusion on the rules, but the link earlier posted will take you to the DNR recreation rules.

I am thankful to all who are taking responsibility for the good things happening in Elbe. It is your system, but it is on borrowed land. I get frustrated the same as you with the growing numbers of people who think the forest is a place to do anything they want with no consequences. Somebody ends up being responsible for picking up after them, whether it means paying for new signs, picking up trash, disposing of trash, repairing damaged roads, ditches, etc...

Share the woods. There is enough to go around, but act like adults. For the most part on here we are singing to the chior. Thanks for reaching out to those who need to be touched still.

Thank you Nancey!!:awesomework:

Nancy.
Question (that will be good for all)

Fires on DNR land must be in DNR approved burn pits / bins. My fire bin was approved by the DNR rep up at Reiter.

so, theortically i can have a fire in my pit outside of the main camp area.

Is this correct?

I think the more we talk with the people up there and help educate them on whats going on, the better the place will be.:awesomework:

Your right about that.. BUT, when you get these "walmart red-neck gangsters" all chewing the same dirt with there rebel flags n suspenders in mind set that there gunna "go party and shootin in da woods, yuk yuk yuk" with out caring for anything but there stupidity..its kinda hard to change there thought process.. Hell, some of them are in the mid 20's....

I dont see walking into a camp of a bunch of drunkin morons with shotguns and pistols everywhere, trying to talk to them being such a good Idea:eeek:.. Unless your a leo and are packing the same amount of gun power or more and ready to brawl..

Most of these kids all live in really nice expensive houses and there mommy n daddy have bought really nice cars also.. But living out that way and "being redneck" is the "COOL" thing to be...:looser:

Your right about that.. BUT, when you get these "walmart red-neck gangsters" all chewing the same dirt with there rebel flags n suspenders in mind set that there gunna "go party and shootin in da woods, yuk yuk yuk" with out caring for anything but there stupidity..its kinda hard to change there thought process.. Hell, some of them are in the mid 20's....

I dont see walking into a camp of a bunch of drunkin morons with shotguns and pistols everywhere, trying to talk to them being such a good Idea:eeek:.. Unless your a leo and are packing the same amount of gun power or more and ready to brawl..

Most of these kids all live in really nice expensive houses and there mommy n daddy have bought really nice cars also.. But living out that way and "being redneck" is the "COOL" thing to be...:looser:

True...
But I have learned most of the time you can talk with people and never have a problem, you just have to know how to talk to them.:cool:

True...
But I have learned most of the time you can talk with people and never have a problem, you just have to know how to talk to them.:cool:

You shop at wal-mart to much then:redneck: :haha:

J/K

Your right about that tho..guess I just dont have that "wanna be a redneck" personality...:booo:

Most forests do, however Elbe does not and therefore it is legal to camp outside of designated camp areas.

Thanks for the clarification - I must have misunderstood a conversation we had regarding the bootleg camp spot at the start of the Rainier Vista. I thought you'd said that the only place to camp was in the campground, but perhaps you were referring to the fire pit issue.

Thank you maam. A pleasure to have you as a rep as always. Thanks for the info on camping, the dnr site is a little hard to find stuff sometimes.

I will continue to look for asshats in the woods!:redneck::awesomework:

Im so happy I dont have to go and listen to generators now!!:cheer:

If it is a contained fire such as a firepan, or fireplace type things sold at Home Depot, etc... they are allowed. Fires on the ground with rocks surrounding it are not allowed.