• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Meeting outcome

Are you going to the Elbe meeting Thursday @ 7 pm?

• Total voters
I brought that up specifically because I wanted it to get written on the list as a potential. If you look at a topo map of the area, all the trails are really on the flatlands. Nothing like Evans, Rimrock or Naches with great hills. But the topo map also has a ton of elevational change just past the edge of the trails. WTF? Somewhere around this board the subject of nixing part of the easy stuff was written on the hope of keeping the total trail mileage the same, but of building some real trails. If the DNR will allow this, the PNW will surely have a club or two that will build it.

I talked with Nancy about this earlier today about closing the mainline and making a new trail for SWB. It is possible but a little tricky.

It was a great meeting and id like to thank everyone who made a apearance tonight. Hopefully we keep having good turn outs at these focus groups so we can get everybodys input on the topics we discuss. :beer:

In the new position your in do you really think that a pic of you driving up a tree in your avatar is a good way to start out as a roll model?

I thought that there were some good point to the meeting. Did not feel like any questions were really answered??? I do feel that the next couple meetings will be just as important as last night, due to the good topics that were brought up that will be discussed further?

Just my .02.

I thought that there were some good point to the meeting. Did not feel like any questions were really answered??? I do feel that the next couple meetings will be just as important as last night, due to the good topics that were brought up that will be discussed further?

Just my .02.

I kinda felt that every question/suggestion got shot down a bit or ignored by the guy doing the speech. The one guy setting next to me with his smart azz comments about slow people in here and public education was a jack azz.

In the new position your in do you really think that a pic of you driving up a tree in your avatar is a good way to start out as a roll model?
Yea, I think he should have a pic with him measuring the wheel base :haha:

The one guy setting next to me with his smart azz comments about slow people in here and public education was a jack azz.
The funny part is that he said the people he works with respect him for it, and I actually think he believes that :haha:

Good speach Jim...... and thanks for still being there for all the offroaders, even when some do not know what it is you do for everyone. thx. :awesomework:

and heres a funny just for you that i took when you stood up, had to ad a caption to it though... :D

very funny Rich:looser:

Just my .02.

welcome to the world of working with the govt. This is very typical of these types of meetings and anyone that was expecting any kind of decissions last night was misinformed. They will take this information back and disect it and go over it with their bosses and talk to the oligests as to what parts are feasable. Then there will be several meetings with the focus group to start narrowing down the points to be addressed. Then back to the offices to be disscussed some more before anything will be implemented. The biggest problem is is that there is no one person that makes a decission. There is a whole bunch of hand in the pot and it takes a while to wring it all out. I wouldnt expect any decission on the topics discussed before next summer. If theres cost involved(gate keepers) then grants will have to be applied for and that will take up to another year. Its just the way things work.

.... I do feel that the next couple meetings will be just as important as last night, ...

Maybe someone should spread a rumor a month before the next work party that if the trail is not fixed then it will be closed. I wonder how many would show up the shovels and gloves then?

I was there as well hiding in the back where it was a lot cooler. I thought the majority of the people at the meeting all had the same agenda and all were on the same page as far as saving ELBE from restrictions and closures. Which is a good thing to show the support of the sport to the DNR people.

One thing I caught was doug had mentioned that the DNR was going to form a recreation committee to handle the growing number of users to our hobby. (correct me if I am wrong). I think it would be imperative to get an experienced wheeler on this committee, because like he said in the beginning that the only reason ELBE is where it is today is because back in the 70's someone that worked for the DNR had interest in offroading and made the trail systems happen. We as the offroad community need to have a direct link and voice in what this sport demands in order to keep things open and open more areas to play on. If we can get someone on that committee that is versed in the latest trends of offroading then things might not take so long to decide on.

We have an opportunity still to CHANGE this but as Doug said, "We are not going to throw out the restrictions at this point, but we're going to look at options that are the best for the park as a whole."

I heard this same sentence but took it a little like tree climber was saying.

"We are not going to throw restrictions out there(on our own without use input) at this point, but we're going to look at options that are the best for the park as a whole."

Then at the end he said there are no restrictions at this point.

Just pointing out what I heard is all. I may have taken it wrong also.

I do like the idea of a forest watch program, that could include volunteer campground hosts. I also think that workparties should be scheduled close to these meetings so we could put some pressure on making decisions on what needs to be done at the workparty.

Last edited:
the guy that did all the talking should be a politician. he is an ass, he avoided certain questions like they were rotten meat.

he did his best to not answer qs but dance around them. and personally I dont give a rats ass about his mini looser and mini van. but I am concerned that the = calm the crowd and get everybody outa here attitude really isnt didnt do anything but get this outa the way so noone will show up at the next when things will happen notjust talk.

he was only there cuz he had to be. Nancy on the other hand appears to be concerned about the group. to bad her boss is a PUTZ.:looser:

one thing i still dont understand is this rock garden thing. Sounds fun for 5 minutes then what? I would play on it if it was there but for how long before I moved to the busy wild with everyone else. They wanted to take some pressure off that trail but how much would a 100yds of rock really do. Why not spend the money and resources on developing new trails that you could spend several hours on? and actually releave pressure from BW.?

:cool:

and I did hear no width restrictions last night (as of yet) but it seems a certain person on here is trying to still push them not sure why?

:corn:

one thing i still dont understand is this rock garden thing. Sounds fun for 5 minutes then what? I would play on it if it was there but for how long before I moved to the busy wild with everyone else. They wanted to take some pressure off that trail but how much would a 100yds of rock really do. Why not spend the money and resources on developing new trails that you could spend several hours on? and actually releave pressure from BW.?

and I did hear no width restrictions last night (as of yet) but it seems a certain person on here is trying to still push them not sure why?

your that confident in you rock skills??

also why do we need to take aclass and pay more to use our trails. ever been to the horse camp at elbe?? it doesnt look anything like the orv section.

how many and what kind of fees do horse users pay???
how many and what kind of fees do hikers and snowshoers and skiers pay???

now last night they said funding seened to be the major problem with all of these issues. they also stated that they split thier budget into three groups- motorized use, nonmotorized use, and foot traffic etc.

has anyone here ever payed for tabs on thier horse??:booo:

has anyone ever payed a Xcountry ski user fee???:booo:

I pay for tabs on at least 3 wheelers and orv tags on 3 quads (WHICH WERE INCREASED RECENTLY) and have to have a forrest pass just to park my tow rig and now you want me to pay more to my 1/3 cut that Im not getting now, **** that.:looser:

I CLEARLY ASKED THIS QUESTION AFTER HAVING MY HAND UP FOR OVER A HALF HOUR AND WAS NOT ANSWERED. JUST SHOVED A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT ABOUT GAS TAX, WHEN I ASKED NOTHING ABOUT GAS TAX:eeek:

ITS NOT THAT HE DID NOT NOTICE ME I WAS IN THE FRONT ROW IN FRONT OF HIM. FINNALY THE GUY AT THE LEFT SIDE LET ME SPEAK AND MY QUESTION WAS AVOIDED.:looser:

very funny Rich:looser:

I was being serious - Jim...

Alot of NEW offroaders do not know who you are or what the pnw4wda is or stands for?

By them attending this meeting and becoming a part of the offroad community and 1st hand seeing and hearing YOU they get more aquainted with everything that it is you do,

MAYBE you read me wrong or my comment. the picture was a joke, lol

but what i wrote i think you mistook... either way KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

:awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework:

*(I'am generally mis-read.)

has anyone ever payed a Xcountry ski user fee???:booo:

Ever hear of a snow park permit?

just about everywhere to cross country ski requires one of these.

I agree with you on the horses though. I think that all users should have to pay the same use fees. Be it horse, hike, bike or ORV.

I totally agree with you on this subject, why......... WHY spend money or waste volunteered man hours on building or making another "NEW" trail, when we CURRENTLY have trails that need the work or corrective measures put in place to solve these type of meetings. alot of direct questions were avoided.

we were there, we woulod of stayed until over-night to solve it, now i heard another member on here say; the next meeting most likely will not have this amount of turn out and then the decisions will be made, *(might be right!) I think alot of people there last night were on the same page though. maybe we'll all just keep showing up in #'s like lastnight at future meetings.

It was a positive impact, even if the director stated;

"maybe only 40 people will show up next time!" and we can divide up into 4 groups?

huh......... how bout maybe another 400 people will show up, and you listen to us right then and there. i didn't like the avoidence of questions, and that statement of less people showing up next time, this concerns us all. and next time, bring a P.A. system so we can all here the speaker and guests talk.

ok, off my step now.:beer:

good turn out and hope to SEE it again at the next meeting.

Last edited: