• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Rock crawl and Rainier Vista

For an update on this. I have a couple of people that have said that they can get additional trucks to haul. Between trying to co-ordinate people around vacations, availability and weather, we have not moved the rocks yet. Currently the area is not accessible via dump truck due to snow.

I also spoke with Kurt from the Webfooters today. He gave me the OK to talk with the landowner at Cranberry Lake above moving those rocks to Elbe as well. I called Bernie and am awaiting his answer. If he's still gunning to have future events on his land then we won't move the rocks. If it's not feasible then I hope he'll let us take them.

i will be willing to volunteer my time. i have a class A CDL and i am a heavy equipment operator. i enjoy donating my time for these causes.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. The hard part right now has been finding dumptrucks that are willing to be used for LARGE rocks and boulders.

i will check on a couple of trucks that i know of. will there be compensation for the truck or just fuel or what
Yes, I have raised quite a bit of money to compensate whatever we need to. We'd like to get a deal but the last 5 companies that said that they would help, balked when I told them how big the rocks were...

They need to be moved from a farm in Eatonville up to the end of the 9 road in the Elbe Hills ORV park. It's probably a hour each way since the climb to the end of the 9 road is pretty slow.

a buddy of mine has a construction and trucking company. they are equipped to haul rocks of that size range. only rpoblem would be, they are based out of hoquiam about 2.5 hours away. might be able to get a deal (not sure) but i will check.

Might have a little better luck finding a side dump for the large ones, they are usually more apt to haul those.

I had a guy on track with a side dump, until he found out that these were boulders. He has a 20 yard truck but he declined since it was BRAND new.

i think that i can haul them for you, i need to talk to my buddy with the truck. will probably have to rent the truck but i could probably donate the driving time.

i think that i can haul them for you, i need to talk to my buddy with the truck. will probably have to rent the truck but i could probably donate the driving time.

Please let me know. We have an excavator to load and another truck and driver for free. If we have two trucks confirmed we can reschedule a date.

Bummer.
A friend used to work for a guy that occasionally hauled big rocks, I will ask him if he would be interested in doing something like this. His trucks are in the eatonville area so there wouldnt be much for wasted fuel just to get here. Next time I see him i will ask.

Dale,

Called Rob, he knows how to get a hold of some people. They might know how to get in touch with someone. I will let you know.

I may have found the motherload of rocks. I spoke with the people at Parker Pacific today and they are working on a project down by the Puyallup dump and they have more rocks to get rid of than they know what to do with. I said I'd need about a 1/4 mile of rocks and the dozer operator said that we'd have at LEAST that much and that they need to get rid of them.

I've got a call in with the guy at Parker Pacific (Jason is his name) that the authority to say yes or no. If anyone know's Jason at Parker Pacific, put in a good word for this.

Cool, so do you have someone to haul said rocks? Take all you can get, even if it's more than you need. Can always use it for other parts of the trail system.

Cool, so do you have someone to haul said rocks? Take all you can get, even if it's more than you need. Can always use it for other parts of the trail system.

I have lots of people saying that they know someone but so far, only 1 truck willing to haul.

I can rent a truck but the cost is outrageous. I do have enough money to pay for quite a bit of fuel if we can get the truck donated.

Your right, it could be used in a LOT of places.

C'mon guys, some of you have to know where we can get some inexpensive trucking? I can get someone to load the rocks and can probably get a couple of exavators for the cost of the fuel but it's freaking hard to find people willing to haul big boulders.

I'm still waiting to hear from Bernie at Cranberry Lake as well. I hate to but people when you're asking for stuff for free... but I guess I'll have to keep calling...

Latest posts