• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Rock crawl and Rainier Vista

Dale--whats an addy to send $$$ to keep from those pesky paypal charges :awesomework:

I'm going to run this through my club - gives a little more accountability for those that have a concern...

Send it to
Faithwheelers Offroad Club
20201 Church Lake Dr E
Bonney Lake, WA, 98391

Make it payable to the Faithwheelers.

x2

i don't typically run Elbe but I'd hate to see a local trail system go under.

In this case, it's not about a trail system going under, we're take a very easy trail and an abandoned pit and creating a much more challenging opportunity.

Whats needed?

For the next work party we'll need an excavator. Any size will do as there will be some work for a big machine and small machines.

We need to move boulders, logs, dig holes etc.

I want to put in some winch points along the hill climb as well. Steel posts with rings that are concreted into the ground to save on the use of trees as anchor points. A small excavator or little 4wd tractor with a backhoe on it works great for stuff like this.

Eventually we'll need the concrete and the metal but I hope to talk the DNR out of some money for that.

The DNR will pay for the Trail Maintenance but this project falls outside that scope.

Any work for a dozer?

Yes, but it may not be as practical as a mid size excavator.

I'm not the heavy equipment guy, someone who runs the stuff could look at the terrain and materials and know exactly what we need and what would work the best.

I'm going to run this through my club - gives a little more accountability for those that have a concern...

Send it to
Faithwheelers Offroad Club
20201 Church Lake Dr E
Bonney Lake, WA, 98391

Make it payable to the Faithwheelers.

Sent a check today.

Yes, but it may not be as practical as a mid size excavator.

I'm not the heavy equipment guy, someone who runs the stuff could look at the terrain and materials and know exactly what we need and what would work the best.
I think the only equipment needed would be a 150-200 Hitachi/Deere size excavator.

My Club the White Knuckles will donate $300.00 to this project. Our Treasurer will contact you.

Last edited:
We are glad to help out. Did you end up getting enough cash. and were you able to work out the equipment.

We are glad to help out. Did you end up getting enough cash. and were you able to work out the equipment.

We have enough money now for this first run, there are many to be made. They guy with the 20 yard side dump bailed because of the size of the rocks. The walls on his truck wouldn't handle it.

We're working on a couple of source right now for people who will use regular dump trucks and just pay their fuel costs, and then we have to co-ordinate that with Billy and when he's available with his truck and excavator.

I was asked if they guy who owns the property has the mineral rights to the land and a mining permit and if the mining amount is limited. Basically are the rules being followed.

So now I am forwarding the question to you. Just wanting to make sure noone gets in trouble.

I was asked if they guy who owns the property has the mineral rights to the land and a mining permit and if the mining amount is limited. Basically are the rules being followed.

So now I am forwarding the question to you. Just wanting to make sure noone gets in trouble.

He's not mining. These rocks are already exposed, sitting on the ground, apparently in his way. He said that if they're not gone by the spring, he's just going to bury them.

I think he's developing his land or something along those lines, I don't know the details.

When he starts his dirt work, he's going to have more that he needs to get rid of and wants them either taken away or he's going to dig them in deep to get them out of his way.

Who in the world would be asking if a farmer had a mining permit to get some large boulders moved off his property?

Who in the world would be asking if a farmer had a mining permit to get some large boulders moved off his property?

you would be surprised ...(well, maybe *you* wouldn't, but ...).

Sounds like he's already "permitted" for excavation work so yea, I doubt it's a problem.

Just someone in our club that deals with city inspection and permits. Not the city of Etonville but I am sure some of these things are statewide.

Latest posts