• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Rock crawl and Rainier Vista

I read your pm twice trying to wrap my head around it. This last Saturday I ran the lower Rainier Vista for maybe the second or third time in my life. By the time I got to the top I was even more confused. Once I saw the 160 I knew it would not fit down that trail. I set to work helping the guys who showed up building the section I did know about.

As far as the upper section goes I tried to incorperate everything I had learned wheelin heavy rock trails at Reiter. When we had a big rock that could be stood up tall, I placed it on the driver side. This makes the experience of driving up and over it far more enjoyable for the driver who can now see what is going on. The goal was to make it very hard but doable with a very capable rig.

We kicked ass and did nothing wrong Saturday. The whole upper section is ready to go. Huge thanks to Jeff, Wil, Chad, Anthony and Corey for being there and all your help building this trail. Thank you very much. Lets go wheel it!

Gibby, if you want everything done your way then you need to be there to see to it. I had a wheelin trip planned for Saturday with friends coming out to wheel with me before I got your 25 minute pm. Friday was my work party day. I did the best I could to squeeze the most production out of what I had. Micromanagement is not my style. Jeff and Wil know their equipment while Corey and Anthony know the trail and overall plan far better than I did. All I wanted to do was provide creative direction concerning rock placement and overall trail construction without stepping on anyone's toes.

Thanks again guys. :beer::beer:

I thought the direction you and corey took the rock placement was great! I think we built a fun and semi-challenging stretch of trail and I have no regrets on what we did or accomplished. I think if Gibby doesn't like it then he can continue to hire ralph for $800 a day, its his money, piss on it. If in the future people want to continue trail improvements and aren't going to micro manage i'll come pull sticks again. Not for Gibby though, for the common that all reponsible wheelers seek. I enjoyed working with the group of guys that were up there saturday. Its to bad what we did was demonized.

I think that what we did with the time we had turned out great...

Last week Corey drug a **** ton of rock with help from the mini... My sons were beat when we got home from helping Corey... They thought it was the coolest thing ever...

All of you guys that helped out on Saturday kicked ass... When I got there Sunday morning I was very excited to see what you guys did...

We just jumped in where you guys stopped and did what we felt would be cool... I think that upper area is a huge improvement to Elbe and will make many people happy for years to come...

Now, the lower section needs to be dealt with before the big weekend... If we move the rocks on the hill out of the way and make the ones on the landing at the top secure we'll be fine...

Let me know when or if any of you are heading out and I'll lend a hand...

Casey give me a call so we can figure out when to get up there... My schedule is open right now...

As far as the HILLCLIMING HILLBILLIES go, thanks for asking your boss for the 160 and paying for the fuel... Everyone that uses that trail from now on will have a blast because of what you and the rest of us has done...:beer:

Well what i saw and helped with looks bad ass cant wate to wheel it. it semes to me their might had been some miss understandings. we are all humen and make mistakes. my understanding is if you want something done your way then you should be their diging in weather its this or paiting you car to buiding a truck. well whats done is done so lets move on and keep headind forword towords a badass elbe. im free to head up and get my hands dirty or run some equpment. let me know.

I agree the trail turned out great. With another day or two of work the Ranier Vista will be a bad ass trail. It seems that some of us, myself included, have forgotten about all of the work that Gibby put into planning this. If Gibby had not taken his own time to plan this, this trail would still be as gay as AIDs. I understand where his frustration is coming from, but he could have avoided it by being there or calling the whole thing off since he could not be there. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks Gibby and all who have helped.
Rant over,Laterz
Will:beer:

Well what i saw and helped with looks bad ass cant wate to wheel it. it semes to me their might had been some miss understandings. we are all humen and make mistakes. my understanding is if you want something done your way then you should be their diging in weather its this or paiting you car to buiding a truck. well whats done is done so lets move on and keep headind forword towords a badass elbe. im free to head up and get my hands dirty or run some equpment. let me know.

you kinda beat me to it. I type verrrryyyy slow

I agree the trail turned out great. With another day or two of work the Ranier Vista will be a bad ass trail. It seems that some of us, myself included, have forgotten about all of the work that Gibby put into planning this. If Gibby had not taken his own time to plan this, this trail would still be as gay as AIDs. I understand where his frustration is coming from, but he could have avoided it by being there or calling the whole thing off since he could not be there. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks Gibby and all who have helped.
Rant over,Laterz
Will:beer:

Well put...

Dale has put a lot of time into this project... And he can get a little excited and jump without looking...

But, I really think we are going in the right direction with Elbe...

If we all keep at it, Elbe will be everything that we want and more...

This is gonna be a great ****ing year... One for the books...:beer:

I think the point here is that unless its Gibby's vision its going to be wrong, thats what I got out of saturday

I think you are missing the point, Gibby has worked for years, and years on certain projects with Nancy, the DNR has certain expectations, and if we do not comply with her requests then she will be unlikely to let us do things of this nature in the future, sure it looks great and will be an added benefit to the park, but if it isn't done per design then it might have other side effects that you aren't seeing, I fully intended on coming out this weekend as well, but I had other obligations that came up, I've known Gibby for a lot of years and he is a stand up guy, and has done far more for this sport than 98% of the people on this board, and probably spent more out of his own pocket, on trail upgrades, than anyone in the sport, I'm sure that he fully appreciates everyone that lent a hand out there this weekend. :cool:

(Chop Shop) That trail fawkin ROCKS now, thanks guys for helping the ol fashioned way. Jump in and GETTERDUN! (Chop Shop)

will someone let me back in here? ? ? ?

I think you are missing the point, Gibby has worked for years, and years on certain projects with Nancy, the DNR has certain expectations, and if we do not comply with her requests then she will be unlikely to let us do things of this nature in the future, sure it looks great and will be an added benefit to the park, but if it isn't done per design then it might have other side effects that you aren't seeing, I fully intended on coming out this weekend as well, but I had other obligations that came up, I've known Gibby for a lot of years and he is a stand up guy, and has done far more for this sport than 98% of the people on this board, and probably spent more out of his own pocket, on trail upgrades, than anyone in the sport, I'm sure that he fully appreciates everyone that lent a hand out there this weekend. :cool:

(Chop Shop) The part Nancy has a problem with is on the lower hill that Gibby was working on. The one we put together by the pit is acceptable.

The lower hill is 1/10 done and poses a safety threat untill its changed or completed to comply with Nancys concerns. (Chop Shop)

I have butt heads with Dale online many times... Differences in opinion... What ever...

I'm aware that he has done a lot for the sport... And pulling the money out of his pocket to pay for something that he'll never own, but can enjoy that others will enjoy it, is a selfless act to say the least...:awesomework:

I have been to every focus group meeting for Elbe, except two, for a couple of years...

We all see the same faces at every meeting... We know who shows up and who doesn't...

This is where the issues that need to be addressed are dealt with...

My concerns are not just my opinion, but the consensus of the group... Mostly though, the concern of the DNR...

Lets work together to get this done... Not my way, Dale's way or your way...

But, the right way...

What needs to be done this weekend and who will be up there?

I'm camping there Friday to Sunday with a fairly large group.

If you need some bodies to get a lot of work done in a short amount of time let me know.

The lower section will be fixed NEXT week. This is a trail that our club is adopting and has been planning for several years. Please do not waste your valuable time and energy on this problem any further. Everyone's concerns, suggestions and ideas have been considered and we have spent considerable time working on a plan to make this trail fun and safe.

If someone can hook up a winch and pull a few rocks down to make the rocks piled at the top of the hill climb safer for a short period of time that would be appreciated but that is all that is needed right now.

Our club will make sure that this trail is safe for the WOW fun run and for everyone else very shortly.

Additional trail signs have already been requested. We have to wait for the DNR on these. When they arrive, we will get them up as well.

I am already negotating to get materials for winch points and if I don't get them donated, I will purchase them myself.

The lower section will be fixed NEXT week. This is a trail that our club is adopting and has been planning for several years.

So your club is planing on or already has adopted?
If your club is adopting the Rainer Vista. I would strongly recomend getting a club member to start going to the focus group meetings,

Other wise you guys will never be on the same page N we all see how big of a pain in the ass that is.

What the problem is?

rainier vista.. GOOD.

Log crawl.. GOOD.

i came to wheel and help out.. couldn't really help out as it was just machinery.

Mike helped out all day sat.

I didn't have a problem going all the way up the rainier vista.

I don't get it. You have team A, B and C. All 3 teams want generally the same thing. Instead of working as a big team you would rather throw **** at each other.

No wonder why we loose ground all the time......

Or if the gatekeeper was done to keep the smaller unsafe unskilled drivers off . But right now folks can hit it at the bottom and cruze up the hill until the steepest section where they will eather hit the rocks N break or try N back down.

Not anymore they can't...

Last edited:
FOR EVERYBODY WHO HAS HELPED WITH THIS PROJECT over the years, Thank you for all your hard work, and dedication...:awesomework: It's finally paying off...

Latest posts