• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric conversion crawler build

Super cool!

Do you have a way to weigh it? I'm curious what it will weigh v/s an internal combustion engine crawler.

Also if you installed a switch for reverse. Would that allow you to use all the gears in the transmission as both forward and reverse gears?

Super cool!

Do you have a way to weigh it? I'm curious what it will weigh v/s an internal combustion engine crawler.

Also if you installed a switch for reverse. Would that allow you to use all the gears in the transmission as both forward and reverse gears?
Don't have scales but it should be real close.

Yeah every gear would be reverse, just wouldn't be able to do wot because the motor is clocked for forward rotation.

Lazernut needs to send you some copper wheels for this car!! Lol pretty cool.. i jope the industry waits to go this way till after I'm dead.. id be so lost trying to build an electric moter car hahaha

I may have missed it but have you built in any type of anti - vibration mounts for the battery packs or are the battery packs not affected by vibration?

Do you mind giving a little more info on the steering setup?
Ebay wiring kit work ok?
any special fitting on the pump pressure side?
You happy with how it works?

I'm not using the harness. Fitting is 16x1.5 mm power steering. I have only used it with a bad battery that drops to 11 volts and it is a little weak.. With more voltage I hope it will work better.

I was wondering the same thing. What makes it come on? Does it run all the time? I am very interested.
The big red wire and the single unstranded wire need to see 12v plus the ground. I'm going to put it on a relay. In the barn turning the wheel I can hear the pump spinning faster and pulling more amps. 100amp relay probably would have been enough lol
ED8E1A2F-3056-4945-8992-C5218DC0AE1B.jpeg

So does the pump run all the time and when there is a need for pressure it pressures up. Is the any other wiring attached to the steering that makes it come on. I really like the idea of electric power steering, i just can not figure how it works.

Latest posts