• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric fan for toyota

mxracer124

My truck has been having some over heating problems because the stock shroud is hammered. Wondering what you guys are running for electric fans that fit without being huge or expensive? Any ideas?

:corn:

I would almost be willing to bet its an issue other than a fan. BUt ford taurus fans work well and are cheap and easy to find because of all the fords in the junkyards.

Ya somethin like that im thinkin. I definatly wanna run it off a thermastat to take out the hassle of watching the temp gauge or forgetting to turn it on.

I would almost be willing to bet its an issue other than a fan. BUt ford taurus fans work well and are cheap and easy to find because of all the fords in the junkyards.

The temp is fine at any speed other than crawling or when my girlfriend is sitting in the truck running cause its raining.

Your stock fan clutch is proboly done. I've ran toyotas with no shroud, and if you are constantly moving it stays cools. Pm your info, I can get you a shroud and fan...cheap:awesomework:

If u need electric fan

I have one aftermarket from baxters had it on my 22r know its just laying around shop fits perfect reversable polarity ,also have stock fan and shroud if you need in tacoma .This stuff needs a new home good luck mike.

Yeah well, I gave 'er hell tryin'!!!! Kinda fun to just side hill the thing--stuff was slickery!!!:redneck:

99% chance your fan clutch is wasted. You can pull it apart and refoll it with 100,000 weight silocone shock oil from the hobby shop for cheap.

I haven't had a shroud on my truck in about 5 years but the beat up fan is spun by a clutch that is working correctly.

As far as a fan just about anything will work. The taurus fan is refawkingtarded in a stock replacement application. The fan moves cubic miles of air but draws 50-80 amps to get spinningm

I run a Spal fan, very happy with it. The only problem is about a 35 amp spike to start the sucker. Moves Loads of air, but no problems with temperature. Unless I flip the off switch. It will suck paper to the grill from a few feet in front of it.

Latest posts