• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric fuel pump for EFI

Fordzuki

Zuk Hoarder
I'm looking for an aftermarket inline fuel pump to run with a 97 b2300 motor. The manual says that the FPR should regulate the pressure down to 30 psi at idle and around 39-40 under normal driving conditions. But it says nothing about sustained higher rpms. It also says nothing about gph, which I assume also matters. So what can I get for relatively cheap, online or at a parts house, that will suit my needs? I've tried summit, speedway, google, here.... Also tried shucks and pepboys, was thinking maybe napa and national today.

I'm running a Holley 12-920 into an AEI 13109 FPR. It keeps my 318 magnum motor well fed at 40psi all the time.

The fuel pump is about $170 and the AFPR is about $140, both from Summit.

A fuel pump for a VW rabbit will supply enough fuel for up to 700hp. Made by Bosch. Just google vw rabbit bosch fuel pump and you'll find them for around $130.

I've heard on the 'net that some Ford vans use an external pump as well.

Simply find one from a vehicle that has slightly more hp than your engine will make, and you'll be fine.

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...uel & Air System&gid=6256@Fuel Pump, Electric

Last edited:
Just don't get one of those external pumps that continuously wine..

Man I hate getting stuck behind those guys on the trail..

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

all day long

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

all day long

Cry me a river....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :76::stirpot:...LMAO!! it's better then not hearing it and being broke down on the trail.....:stirpot:

Cry me a river....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :76::stirpot:...LMAO!! it's better then not hearing it and being broke down on the trail.....:stirpot:

you obviously have not been stuck behind of of these all day long on the trail..:flipoff:

I would say a pump out of a 97 B2300 should work just fine. Put it in your tank.:awesomework: Real cheap at the wrecking yard. Sounds like a pullapart item to me.:cool:

I would say a pump out of a 97 B2300 should work just fine. Put it in your tank.:awesomework: Real cheap at the wrecking yard. Sounds like a pullapart item to me.:cool:

Hey, I got one of those. :haha: I have been trying to find a way around that, the one in the mazda donor works just fine, I just don't want to go cutting my fuel cell up.

all day long

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe.....:mad:

The E2000 is a good cheap pump and can be found in many Ford trucks and vans.

You guys don't wanna be running behind me then. That's good - I like taking up the tail end of the pack, so when you guys get broke down I can turn around and keep wheelin :fawkdancesmiley:

I installed a fresh new Carter pump on my buggy and it's pretty noisy even with the bushings.

I think the Bosch I installed on my CJ5 was much quieter.

Are Carter's typically just loud?

Terry

i have ran a few of the holley's and i had issues with them being heat sensitive. once they got hot they'd stop working. booty fabbed a some a heat shield and it helped

So it looks like I will have to spend $100+ on a fuel pump...:booo: I was hoping for more around the $50-60 range. Maybe I'll just have to go junkyard shopping for some wabbits. :redneck:

And i generally can't hear anything over the exhaust and fan anyways. :rolleyes: