• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ellensburg rock-crawling event uncertain

I talked to that birdie this morning too.... I think its a good idea and a good location too, just need to get it all set up. Ive already volunteered my wife and myself along with all of my wheeling buddies to helping get it going. :D

Yeah I would like to know? If i don't need to drive to Spokane to take pictures I won't...

But there is 2 feet of Snow on the ground still on the area I can get for sure.

Vantage won't work, the rocks belong to BLM, or at least don't belong to the property owner we are talking to.

Waiting on word about Spokane, if I need to make a trip this weekend I'm ready. How much snow is there in Spokane right now.

We want to keep this in the PNW, Straittleline (sp?) will not happen this year, let's hope for next.

We are working on gaining a place in Vernal Ut, but I'd rather be in the PNW.

Big Rich

Vantage won't work, the rocks belong to BLM, or at least don't belong to the property owner we are talking to.

Waiting on word about Spokane, if I need to make a trip this weekend I'm ready. How much snow is there in Spokane right now.

We want to keep this in the PNW, Straittleline (sp?) will not happen this year, let's hope for next.

Big Rich

So Rich, not to question your decision's, but earlier in the thread I thought you said werock had outgrown the goldendale site, but as far as I know (heard through talking with the bossmen) Vernal isn't any larger of a site? Aside from my driving going from 2 hour's to Ellensburg to 18 to Vernal I am excited to get to Vernal as I've never been there, I'm Stoked either way. I've also heard rumor's of Cedar city back to back?

Big Rich

I will actually be in WA this weekend , so If you need some help let me know!! Great to see you guys out at Hannibal last weekend :beer:

So Rich, not to question your decision's, but earlier in the thread I thought you said werock had outgrown the goldendale site, but as far as I know (heard through talking with the bossmen) Vernal isn't any larger of a site? Aside from my driving going from 2 hour's to Ellensburg to 18 to Vernal I am excited to get to Vernal as I've never been there, I'm Stoked either way. I've also heard rumor's of Cedar city back to back?

Please no back to back Cedar City events. How about a place that is cheap to fly in and out of :cheer:

Big Rich

just got off the phone with a friend that was in spokane this weekend, he said that the snow was gone in the lowlands, possibly a little in the higher elevation. he said his dads house went from about 4ft of snow to almost nothing in a couple of days.

steven b~

I will actually be in WA this weekend , so If you need some help let me know!! Great to see you guys out at Hannibal last weekend :beer:

Please no back to back Cedar City events. How about a place that is cheap to fly in and out of :cheer:

Yeah let's make it cheap and easy for the non competitors:fawkdancesmiley:

When I say we have outgrownn Goldendale, I am talking about the rock crawling site or competition area, not the town.

Even at that, Vernal is a much larger community than G-dale, but it does not get the support like G-dale does.

NO, not back to back cedar events, won't happen.....

I would prefer to say in the PNW

Damn skippy. Those non-competitors just might bring some teams exposure to a few thousand more people that aren't at the event :fawkdancesmiley:

Yeah..... Makes complete sense:rolleyes: Without competitor's, it just andy sitting alone at a non existant comp site in the middle of nowhere:fawkdancesmiley:

When I say we have outgrownn Goldendale, I am talking about the rock crawling site or competition area, not the town.

I'm not talking about the town either..... I could care less if it's in downtown Seattle or in the middle of the Mohave desert, good terrain is what it's all about, and from what I'm told by a few the actual rock area is pretty small in Vernal. Once again, I'm not questioning, just trying to make sense of it(I also in no way want to EVER go back to the little shithole people call Goldendale)

There's always this place in Carnation on 52 acres. It's a cool location, right on the river, and close enough to civilization to bus people in.

The guy that owns it is renting out the old farm house - hence the craigslist ad. I bet if someone suggested building a man-made rock crawling course he would be all over it. It would probably go perfectly with his Motocross course... :corn:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...0&scene=3724656&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1 >> his acerage goes all the way to 203>>

birdseyecarnation.jpg