• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ellensburg rock-crawling event uncertain

There's always this place in Carnation on 52 acres. It's a cool location, right on the river, and close enough to civilization to bus people in.

The guy that owns it is renting out the old farm house - hence the craigslist ad. I bet if someone suggested building a man-made rock crawling course he would be all over it. It would probably go perfectly with his Motocross course... :corn:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...0&scene=3724656&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1 >> his acerage goes all the way to 203>>

birdseyecarnation.jpg

The right on the river part would probably kill it. Those damn Salmon :rolleyes:

Still looking for a site?

Any requirements on how close it needs to be to civilization? how much room for parking/camping, etc.? How much a government entity might possibly take in for such an event?

WEROCKS Shut down in Wa.

52 acres at Carnation by the River would never fly, the Fish and Wildlife would nix it because of samlon. I keep hearing that we need to educate Washington State on the positive side of our sport, however, their are countless people working their ass off writitng letters, attending State and Regional meetings and for what, the big NOT IN MY BACK YARD attuide from the our State Legislatures and neonezi tree huggers:mad:

I have time in on hands to help in anyway I can, however, I dont know how to get through to our local goverment to make a difference.

Totaly fed up ex-goverment employee and avid wheeler.

Lynn

Still looking for a site?

Any requirements on how close it needs to be to civilization? how much room for parking/camping, etc.? How much a government entity might possibly take in for such an event?

Whats your idea, call me....

Goverment normally has set lease rates.

Area needed ? Does it already have rocks, or does something need to be built ?

alot of questions to answer, need more info please call em

Big Rich

Vantage won't work, the rocks belong to BLM, or at least don't belong to the property owner we are talking to.

Waiting on word about Spokane, if I need to make a trip this weekend I'm ready. How much snow is there in Spokane right now.

We want to keep this in the PNW, Straittleline (sp?) will not happen this year, let's hope for next.

We are working on gaining a place in Vernal Ut, but I'd rather be in the PNW.

Big Rich

I am headed to spokane on may 11,12,13 and I will get pictures for you.