• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Emulsion Coilovers

JHALL

I'm gathering parts to have a Jimmy Smith type buggy built, mainly for crawling/hill climbing. We go to the dunes about once a year, so it'll have some limited sand running/jumping, but not much. I see that some of these guys that beat the **** out of their buggys are running these, Cameron, Tanner's (I think) and some others. I know the Eleanor buggy is running them too and it's ran atleast one of the ECORS races.

I tried searching on Pirate and I don't want to ask the question there as everyone will tell me to run 3.0" coilovers and 4.5" 15 tube bypasses on each corner. Are these holding up to the abuse you guys are giving them? Do you notice any shock fade after running them hard for extended periods of time? Does anyone know how they performed on the Eleanor buggy when it's been raced?

To answer your question they WILL work but not as effectively as a remote res. shock.
Is the reasoning here because of packaging, because price is not significantly more. If your intention is to race or go to the dunes I would try to make them work.
The vehicle will remain more predictable throughout the course of the day IE: less fade and heat related oil breakdown. Plus tunability is improved on a non emulsified shock.

I am not knocking an emulsion shock, I have setup almost everyone you are talking about, but a resi shock may be better suited for your application.
-Jimmy

Thanks for the reply Jimmy, was leaning toward reservoir. Just want to make sure I'm spending money in the right places.