• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Endurance Race - Southeast

I would love to race another race like the Rock Rally. That was some of the most fun I have had wheeling.
I can meet tech for everything but a bladder cell, and only reason I don't have that is because I don't wana cut up my chassis to fit one.

Bubba1 said:
where besides grayrock cable hill

Morris Mountain Thanksgiving weekend,

Rocky and I put on RCRA last year at GMP with hopes of a race at 3 or 4 parks with a championship at the end. We spent 90% of our time working on the track , promoting and planning 10% finding racers. Spend 90% of your time finding racers. If you can find 4or 5 friends that ride together to enter its a start do not depend on the big boys (coleworks,TC, Wes) to race.We also could not find a way to insure more than just our race without $$$$$$. We put a lot of our time in the race track thinking that racing bumper to bumper racing would be great to watch.It rained everyday for 2 weeks flooding the track .If I did it again I would find more sponsers ,talk to more racers ,have a sxs race one class only Do not let the "pro" sxs guys tell you anything. I hope this helps If you have ? call 615 642 9126 I will help all I can . If you can get 10 people to put up $ 250 I will also just to get things started. Dont forget the racers are the most important part find them first. thanks Steve

The start to the Badlands race looked pretty badass, instead of one at a time they all went at once into a turn harescramble/motocross style. Looked fun as hell. That would be a must if I was putting on any type of race.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
That would have to make the insurance company cringe about as bad as the jellico Hotel fireworks battle.

I looked and looked and couldnt find the video that Brad Austins mom shot of the DC1 start. Which was in a different spot than the start of the DC2. It was 15 wide when Russ dropped the flag. The pack took off staight, and three of us took right turns behind the pack and made a completely different water crossing. We went into the tree trails #1, #2, and #3.

The start is awesome and make DC what it is. But there arent any obstacles with bottlenecks until almost half way through the 1st lap.

DC1 and DC2 ran all of the hardest stuff at Disney going up everything. I'd like to see the exact same DC2 course ran in reverse this year. That'd be fast and less chance for bottleneck or sever rool over carnage.

tonyt said:
shoot, I bet racing A or even B class in ECORS is FUN!
A class ECORS is where it is at. I'm building a XJ A-class racer now, and I hear a few other new A class rigs should be at the next race.

ECORS is taking suggestions on facebook for parks that would be interested in having them and peoples favorite parks to add to the list

who ever is on FB post up your reccomendations and lets get some race action in Bama

onetoncrawler said:
ECORS is taking suggestions on facebook for parks that would be interested in having them and peoples favorite parks to add to the list

who ever is on FB post up your reccomendations and lets get some race action in Bama

I tried to comment on that post but it wont let me???? :dunno:

The Morris Mountain Race's are my only experence trying to go fast. How does that event compare to the ECORS series races?
Are they Longer? Harder? More Rocks? Faster?
I would be bringing a 5500# four seat trail rig that would be class C in the event. Waste of time or even stand a chance of being competitave?
I really liked the format of Morris Mouintain and even though I may have been kidding myself it was an event that I felt I could win if everything held together.
Just curious.

i dont believe you could be competitive in c class with your buggy. most of the competitive rigs are race rig. doc raced his single seater, and syco raced his 2 seater rig. im really wanting to get a stocker and race class a next season. from what i have seen it is nothing like the morris mountain races, but the race at harlan was similar.

If you race at Harlan anyone can be competitive. There was a built XJ that passed plenty of race rigs in the KOH QUALIFIER. It is all about keeping your rig together. I dont know how the other courses compare but I will let you know after I get back from Co driving an A class rig in the last race of the series in NOV. :****: :driving:

extremetownie said:
i dont believe you could be competitive in c class with your buggy. most of the competitive rigs are race rig. doc raced his single seater, and syco raced his 2 seater rig. im really wanting to get a stocker and race class a next season. from what i have seen it is nothing like the morris mountain races, but the race at harlan was similar.

well bygawd i think Donnie could hold his own if he got someathem fancy coilovers and airbumps front and rear.......if your rig holds together it goes a long way towards a good finish......check out the survival rates for this years ecors races ( and no i ain't smart to make these calcumalations, i found this on nc4x4's forum)

(finished/started), = % finished
calculated from the ECORS website...

Fall Brawl
A: 3/7 43%
B: 2/5 40%
C: 0/5 0%
-
DPG
A: 4/9 44%
B: 2/4 50%
C: 4/8 50%
-
the Flats
A: 2/7 28%
B: 2/6 33%
C: 4/10 40%
-
Vale
A: 1/11 9%
B: 3/5 60%
C: 2/6 33%
-
Harlan
B: 6/8 75%
C: 5/21 23%

RobbyBobby said:
well bygawd i think Donnie could hold his own if he got someathem fancy coilovers and airbumps front and rear.......if your rig holds together it goes a long way towards a good finish......check out the survival rates for this years ecors races ( and no i ain't smart to make these calcumalations, i found this on nc4x4's forum)

(finished/started), = % finished
calculated from the ECORS website...

Fall Brawl
B: 2/5 40%
C: 0/5 0%
-
DPG
A: 4/9 44%
B: 2/4 50%
C: 4/8 50%
-
the Flats
A: 2/7 28%
B: 2/6 33%
C: 4/10 40%
-
Vale
A: 1/11 9%
B: 3/5 60%
C: 2/6 33%
-
Harlan
B: 6/8 75%
C: 5/21 23%

wow i take back everything i said. i did not realize there was such a big failure rate.