• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Endurance racing in the South?

smbroady82 said:
that stuff is pretty cool & inexpensive

Tom had talked about doing it at AOP at some point, not sure if he is still thinking about it

I'd throw one together for it for sure

It's still a go. He is almost done with his truck.

I built a bro lite truck for a friend of mine, Dylan Wyles. Went to one of the races last year in west Virginia, that's where I hooked up with Wayne- zukizzy for my shock tuning. It's fun series.

ace5c88527e7f971a7b03a106e5d8aa1.jpg

b9d6bda9d63315b270afe9fde7e10606.jpg

44cd41756bbd260e0d9d4d7616bae867.jpg

670ec0e54b82ec05fb8552c731467bba.jpg

Dylan took the truck to a benefit Robby Gordon held at his shop in Mooresville, and Robby gave it a test drive.

5b05ef35827414283c50cf981cd33567.jpg

120d054bd09c5293337c5201a4dfa50f.jpg

c25a777f6c127a1e40738945e1fcd7df.jpg

Dylan podiumed at least two races of the four this year, iirc.

Scott Decker, of Erik Miller motorsports family is the brain child of the series. I believe there were two races in New York, one in PA, and one in Maryland this season. I believe they have a Facebook page for more information, and I'm sure are looking to expand the series a bit. It's about as grassroots as it can get.

Here's a link to the build thread for Dylan's truck.

http://www.nc4x4.com/index.php?threads/154222/

Matt

I ran in the stock class that ECORS had, unbelievable how much fun you can have with a $300 XJ off of Craigslist. Probably the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel. I'd do it again if something got going.

Here's how it looked in the last race of the series, Dylan rolled it in a sweeping left turn, landed back on all fours and kept on trucking....

http://youtu.be/-zKWxZAxUDU

Matt

I ran what was left of an old CJ in the ECORS series. I built a C class rig which was their unlimited class , ECORS sadly disappeared before it got to run. My plan is to run. It in the 4800 class for Ultra4 unless something else comes along.
One of the most fun races we had was at night at AOP. Harlen race was a challenge.

I ran my trail rig with a bunch of safety modifications in the ToyotaTrail Class of ECORS. I was thinking about pitching the idea to a few local parks, trying to get something going. Doing it KOH style, getting all the local guys to come out for a few race just for fun and see if it takes off. There are plenty of private parks that would easily support endurance style racing. I was hoping something else would start up before I moved. Hey Hudson1 AOP at night was a blast except for my blown tire that took out my brakes on some sketchy hill in the dark lol.
17281618915_bdda197b79_c.jpg

5onrocks said:
It's still a go. He is almost done with his truck.
this,I seen it Friday and all it need is seats and harness installed,in fact that may already be done. . It's ready and looks fun!! /it's call the Trump truck too btw :stir:/

ToyotaTom said:
I ran my trail rig with a bunch of safety modifications in the ToyotaTrail Class of ECORS. I was thinking about pitching the idea to a few local parks, trying to get something going. Doing it KOH style, getting all the local guys to come out for a few race just for fun and see if it takes off. There are plenty of private parks that would easily support endurance style racing. I was hoping something else would start up before I moved. Hey Hudson1 AOP at night was a blast except for my blown tire that took out my brakes on some sketchy hill in the dark lol.
17281618915_bdda197b79_c.jpg

Hey I'm in to help or see what can be done about getting parks involved. Need any help let me know. Like I said the one ECORS race I ran was a blast.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

ECORS is closed, Dirt Riot has moved away from the East coast, Ultra 4 doesn't have anything in the Southeast........ finally someone is seeing the interest in endurance racing around here. Pro-Rock Racing announced last night that they will host an endurance series for 2017. Ultra 4 is super expensive to run. I am looking forward to the format, locations and entry fees for Pro Rock. I really hope they have some races close to Alabama, I'll be all in booyang

http://www.prorockracing.com/

"We at Pro Rock Racing are excited to announce our progression of our events into the Endurance Format in 2017. We will be bringing events to the Southeast that will be everything racers have been asking for. You can expect simplified rules, less gray areas, clearly marked courses, diverse challenges, better payout to entry fee ratio, and more hill climbs than most endurance races offer. You can expect safety to remain a top priority and will be in line with our normal requirements. We will be releasing more details, venues, and plans very soon. So spread the word and lets get the message out there!!!! Please feel free to share with friends and in other groups. Without all of the fans, racers, and great companies we would not be able to grow the sport at the pace we have in the past 2 years and we are excited and thankul for each and every one of you guys that support us!!!
Oh and just for those that have been asking ProRock Endurance WILL be part of Race 2 Riches Round 2 September 15th-17th... and we will be racing for some major Cash and prizes!!!
Be sure to follow our page for more info and to keep up with our events.
Merry Christmas and God bless!!!"

Has anyon ever talked to Rob it Travis to see what ultimately was the down fall of ECORS.
I think a model based on money from spectators in the endurance style in the south is bound to fail unless it runs the same weekend as the bouncers or mud trucks do. The problem may be related to having to shut a private park down during the race do to the length of the track. The lost income for the park and ability to keep some one out of the way over such a large are may be a big issue. A few guys running for beer in a easily controlled area by a few people in their rigs may be fun.

A few years ago at Dixie run at GMP on a Sunday, I remember there being a endurance style race.

Edit.....
Looks like I'm behind by a few minutes

I think the key to success is short course action. AOP, DTOR, Hawk Pride, even WITC all have open areas where the spectators can see door to door action, jumps, rolls, etc.. If you stick to total woods racing you can count on a low spectator turnout. it just isn't much fun to watch someone cross the start line then disappear for 30 mins

I also think that having the endurance race the same weekend of the rockbouncers would be a great idea. it would definitely offset cost and bring in larger crowds. :popcorn:

I am not familiar with any of the races you are talking about, we were still riding fourwheelers in the bottoms when all that was going on. How are the classes broken up and is it possible to modify most of our trail rigs to fit in a class with minimal expense? Racing anything is fun!!!

Hudson1 said:
Has anyon ever talked to Rob it Travis to see what ultimately was the down fall of ECORS.
I think a model based on money from spectators in the endurance style in the south is bound to fail unless it runs the same weekend as the bouncers or mud trucks do. The problem may be related to having to shut a private park down during the race do to the length of the track. The lost income for the park and ability to keep some one out of the way over such a large are may be a big issue. A few guys running for beer in a easily controlled area by a few people in their rigs may be fun.

A few years ago at Dixie run at GMP on a Sunday, I remember there being a endurance style race.

Edit.....
Looks like I'm behind by a few minutes

I think there was a post on pirate about what happened to ECORS. I don't remember where I saw it at for sure though.

is there a schedule for the bro lite stuff anywhere? I looked on fb and their site and must have missed it. from the pics and videos it looks like it would be a good time.

Honestly our best bet for a return of endurance racing in the SE would be to beg Big Rich to bring Dirt Riot back, he puts on a great race and if enough people commit to it he might give us another chance, he wouldn't be competing with ecors anymore

Neal3000 said:
Honestly our best bet for a return of endurance racing in the SE would be to beg Big Rich to bring Dirt Riot back, he puts on a great race and if enough people commit to it he might give us another chance, he wouldn't be competing with ecors anymore

I agree with this. It's just they can't travel down here and loose money due to lack of racers. Hopefully something can get started and grow from there. Then Dirt Riot would have the entry's they need.

Maybe they could find a spot on the schedule to give us a one-race trial next season, maybe could be packed with a werock event at Dayton

Jcampbell54 said:
Hey I'm in to help or see what can be done about getting parks involved. Need any help let me know. Like I said the one ECORS race I ran was a blast.

Sorry, I live in Washington now. I am currently attempting to get a group of guys I wheel with to throw a little race together. Pick a good local trail system that will support the race, pick a weekend that's not busy, buy some caution tape for marking routes, helmet, radio, harness, run the route for time and enjoy!