• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek issues

wheeler4x4samota

FIXING THE EVANS CREEK ENTRANCE

The FS asked the work party to fill in the hole at the entrance of the 311 and made it so easy a 2wd car can drive into the 311

first off please no DRAMA in this thread please

second i have a question that needs to be discussed

How can we get the 311 fixed so there is an obstical at the beginning to keep people out that dont belong there

if i can get the name and Email of the FS rep that made this decision ill write him myself

Last edited:
first off please no DRAMA in this thread please

second i have a question that needs to be discussed

How can we get the 311 fixed so there is an obstical at the beginning to keep people out that dont belong there

if i can get the name and Email of the FS rep that made this decision ill write him myself

With that said there is only one way to get this done and myself and a few others mentioned that in the thread but I guess folks were too busy being pissy and not thinking.

Pure and simple power by numbers. Not a sinlge person will make a difference but many might.

Myself I understand what it is that the FS was trying to accomplish but I think they went overboard and imapropiet with it.

I agree crash i think the other thread was covered by BS

so if we need numbers lets get the numbers

if no one has the contact info then ill try to get it

i will send him this whole thread if we get enought people stating there thoughts about the 311 entrance and how to come up with an inexpecive way to acomplish both making it look better but still keeping some kind of gate keeper

Ok, How about set the gate keeper about 20yrds in from the top of the climb in the pic? That way it is not right out in front looking "ugly" and still close enough to the start to keep rigs from getting stuck or making by-passes further down the trail. At 20yrds they would be close enough to be pulled out in a timely manner.:awesomework:

It was already down to bare rock, so It wasn't going to erode anymore. They should have just blocked the bypass, and called it good.

Edit. If they are looking to make it look nicer for treehuggers, then I guess they could have used about 1/10 of that rock.

Last edited:
We all agree that something different could have been done and I like the concept of a gate keeper farther in away from eye sight.

IF a gate keeper was done just a bit deeper into the trail then what would it be? It would have to something that is no harder then the rest of the trail. Maybe bring in some dirt and rock and build like a V notch that one would have to climb up over. Kinda like The Crack up at walker.:corn:

Maybe bring in some dirt and rock and build like a V notch that one would have to climb up over. Kinda like The Crack up at walker.:corn:

That would be kinda tough to build without some very very heavy equipment to move some LARGE rocks. Plus, the V-crack is damn near impassible but by the most built rigs, an even then, if its wet, many built rigs get denied.

I don't know evens and have never been, but a small rock garden type obsticle with the rocks half burried should keep a lot of stockish rigs out of that trail. Here are some examples.

The bypass was the issue.

That entrance was perfect. It was bare rock, no erosion.

If asked to fill it in I would not have been a **** or talked back or been negative.

I would have refused to complete that project as a volunteer. Im not on the clock or able to be fired. Im a volunteer that decides what I am going to participate in or not.

If they did not like that then what? Would they charge me with something or just do it themselves or just skip it?:eeek:

I would hope other in my group helping would see my point and say the same, "we decline to work on this task, but would be happy to work on something else". :awesomework:

Anyone who stayed and continued to follow orders/commands would be on my "whatever list". :rolleyes:

My group knows how to stand up for whats right without meetings or bosses or supervisors.

If they want shitty stuff done it will have to be by the heros or themselves. My group would never have done an act such as this.:D

Its funny that the 311 entrance ranks higher than the 222 trail.:beer:

I bet the rock wont be there for to long and the entrance will be back to where it was before long. And there will be a big mess of small rocks in the parking area.

I would say just fix the bypass and call it good. I understand the uggly part but what do they expect it to look like? it worked well as a great gate keeper. And I have watched a extra cab Toyota welded rear open front IFS on 33s make it up that several times in the last month.

im just curious why no one said anything at the work party to the FS i mean is the FS thretening to shut evans down so we have to to everything they ask . have they said anything about shutting evens down at all?

i completly understand what the FS guy was tring to do but he didnt think that one all the way thru

I see a lot of passionate people posting in this thread & the one that was recently closed...when are you going to start applying some of that passion towards a solution?

1. How many of you have ever attended the White River Focus meeting hosted by the FS in Enumclaw?
  2. How many of you consistently attend this meeting?
  3. How many of you belong to an association that is directly representing your views/desires at Evan's Creek?
I am tired of being one of the few asking for more challenging obstacles...i want opportunites for wider rigs, shotcrete obstacles, natural rock obstacles, etc.

It would be nice to see some like minded folks start to provide a positive contribution & get to know the local FS/DNR officials. Join a club, join an association or show up as an individual...doesn't matter to me.

If you are that passionate about the difficulty level of Evan's Creek...stop pounding on the keyboard, show up at a meeting, introduce yourself to the officials and have an intelligent / professional conversation about what opportunites you would like to see.

:awesomework:

I see a lot of passionate people posting in this thread & the one that was recently closed...when are you going to start applying some of that passion towards a solution?

1. How many of you have ever attended the White River Focus meeting hosted by the FS in Enumclaw?
  3. How many of you belong to an association that is directly representing your views/desires at Evan's Creek?
I am tired of being one of the few asking for more challenging obstacles...i want opportunites for wider rigs, shotcrete obstacles, natural rock obstacles, etc.

It would be nice to see some like minded folks start to provide a positive contribution & get to know the local FS/DNR officials. Join a club, join an association or show up as an individual...doesn't matter to me.

If you are that passionate about the difficulty level of Evan's Creek...stop pounding on the keyboard, show up at a meeting, introduce yourself to the officials and have an intelligent / professional conversation about what opportunites you would like to see.

X2.:awesomework:

That's what I wanted to say but it was way to much for me to type.:redneck:

x3..................

IF and WHEN you show up... KEEP YOUR MOUTH's shut till they (officials) ask to hear from you... The Rude out burst WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE!!:awesomework:

X's4Dirk:awesomework:

i see both points of view, power by numbers and trying to work with the FS, I do plan on attending these meets from now on. If someone one would please remind people of when these meetings are, some of us have jobs were we work long hours and never been to a meeting before. I love Evans cause its close and there are a ton of trails to run so lets do what ever it take to get this issue fixed

IF and WHEN you show up... KEEP YOUR MOUTH's shut till they (officials) ask to hear from you... The Rude out burst WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE!!:awesomework:

Excellent point...popping off with belligerent commentary will not do any good.

introduce yourself to the officials and have an intelligent / professional conversation about what opportunites you would like to see.

As Horus already pointed out, we have seen some pretty cool things happen up at Elbe...that is a direct result of folks getting involved, starting a dialog with Nancy (DNR) and working to find a solution that works.

I'd like to think we can accomplish similar things at Evan's Creek.

:beer:

Please post up on when these meetings are happening and where.

One place you could look is here.:awesomework:

http://wow4x4.com/bulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Eric...If you are a registered member of the wow4x4.com forum, all the upcoming events are conveniently displayed at the top of the main forum page. Send me a PM once you register & I can get your profile activated.

i see both points of view, power by numbers and trying to work with the FS, I do plan on attending these meets from now on. If someone one would please remind people of when these meetings are, some of us have jobs were we work long hours and never been to a meeting before. I love Evans cause its close and there are a ton of trails to run so lets do what ever it take to get this issue fixed

Same thing for you chance...let me know if you register for our forum.

:beer: