• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans creek wheeling

YotaMike

Planning on wheeling Evans creek Saturday Oct. 15th if anyone wants to go. Two toyotas for sure possibly a jeep. Look for neon green toyota. :redneck:

Was up there Saturday. A lot of trails or ways to trails had posts up. Talked with a ranger about it. If you could fit through then you were fine. If you could go around you were fine. My buddies FJ-80 was pushing both front fenders trying to get through one.

Turns out it was all because of that hoax that was called in a few weeks ago that had search and rescue looking for a guy for 2 days.

Wheeled Evans this weekend, it was fine sorry Slideshow didn't get back on here untill just now, always willing to have new people wheel with us. Maybe next trip.

I was up at Evans on Saturday with a group of Cherokees. We ran every trail except the 102 and upper 198. You now have to go through posts before you can get to any of the trails. I wheeled with a rig that was right at 80" wide and he just barely fit through the posts. The only recent changes to Evans I could see were the posts and fixing the 7920 road. It doesn't look like they have done anything to any of the trails. I was worried we were going to find that they had "paved" more of the trails but that was not the case.

I was up at Evans on Saturday with a group of Cherokees. We ran every trail except the 102 and upper 198. You now have to go through posts before you can get to any of the trails. I wheeled with a rig that was right at 80" wide and he just barely fit through the posts. The only recent changes to Evans I could see were the posts and fixing the 7920 road. It doesn't look like they have done anything to any of the trails. I was worried we were going to find that they had "paved" more of the trails but that was not the case.

The whole "paving" thing has been blown way out of proportion. They are by the way enforcing the 80" requirement now.

Was up there Saturday. A lot of trails or ways to trails had posts up. Talked with a ranger about it. If you could fit through then you were fine. If you could go around you were fine. My buddies FJ-80 was pushing both front fenders trying to get through one.

Turns out it was all because of that hoax that was called in a few weeks ago that had search and rescue looking for a guy for 2 days.

Who told you it was OK to go around the posts :eeek: thats really bad misinformation thats going to get people ticketed both for being over width and for being off trail and creating bypasses.

Who told you it was OK to go around the posts :eeek: thats really bad misinformation thats going to get people ticketed both for being over width and for being off trail and creating bypasses.

I completely agree with you, I cannot see it being true but I heard it from my buddy right after he had talked with the ranger.

For clarification purposes, it is not acceptable to go around the posts. If you fit between them you're good, if not, you're on the wrong trail. I honestly don't know how someone would interpret it as OK to go around something specifically designed to restrict access. That was certainly bad information.

As for the reason for the posts, it had absolutely nothing to do with the missing person. The posts we in before that event ever occurred. The posts are part of the width restriction designed for resource protection.

I will speak with the seasonal staff, but I can assure you that none of the staff told anyone it is OK to go around the posts.

For clarification purposes, it is not acceptable to go around the posts. If you fit between them you're good, if not, you're on the wrong trail. I honestly don't know how someone would interpret it as OK to go around something specifically designed to restrict access. That was certainly bad information.

As for the reason for the posts, it had absolutely nothing to do with the missing person. The posts we in before that event ever occurred. The posts are part of the width restriction designed for resource protection.

I will pass that around to my friends. Thanks for clarifying.

I went last weekend and couldn't go anywhere because I'm 84" from outer tire to outer tire is this width to not tear up the trails

I went last weekend and couldn't go anywhere because I'm 84" from outer tire to outer tire is this width to not tear up the trails

Width has nothing to do with tearing up the trails. Open diffs and drunk drivers do alot more damage then an 84" wide trackwidth. A handfull of people made the decision based on emotion and sentimentality, not scientific data. Just like how locking the big gate at the entrance will help the Marbled Murrelet.

Im sure the Sierra Club and other Eco Terrorist groups are happy with the people who have supported the recent changes at Evans Creek.

Im sure the Sierra Club and other Eco Terrorist groups are happy with the people who have supported the recent changes at Evans Creek.

It is one thing to take away somthing from a group of people. The truly brilliant relish their ability to convince individuals within said group to "get involved" in directly helping them take it away.

:beer:

Latest posts