• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek work party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot now i can take my wifes car up the 311 :rb::rb:
they should just pave all the trails then all the stock "Jeep guys" will be satisfied:looser:

wadda bunch of asshats

now watch were gunna find burned up stolen cars and trash on the 311 just because they can get there like it was a unpronouced gate keeper

ok i vented sry lets just see how long the rock stays in place lol

I will give you $20 to try :haha:

Where were you when these "asshats" were busting their asses in the rain and snow doing what was needed to keep the trail open for all of us:eeek:

Wer'nt you a land matters chair for WOW (for about a month) Its called dedication and respect Brian, first you dedicate yourself to something then you get the respect. All of this bitchy little whining **** is just that.
It was longer than that Jim but anyway........For one person to be heard in a big group of people that see thing different seems to be a big waste of time. Like I said you will be looked at as a bad seed in the bunch. Do the time to get respect and be heard...not........ There is no way I would be tossing rocks into the beggining of the 311 like you guys did if it is something I dont believe should have been done.

Where were you when these "asshats" were busting their asses in the rain and snow doing what was needed to keep the trail open for all of us:eeek:

Not able to go as i totalled his rig........Remember. He wont go unless he has his own rig.

Whats an actual orv park,just because you build your rig to do bigger,does not mean that this park isn,'t lame for every one else,rember when you started out up there,I do and also have pic's to prove it.I know you do work parties to,but I didn't see you up there to,maybe if you were you could have talked to Bob (Director) ,and Darik about the matter you are discusted with.Sorry.

I remember it too. 235-75-15s, sliders and a rear locker. If couldn't make the gate keeper I'd head to the 520 knowing the rest of the 311 was not for me. As my love of wheeling has grown so has my rig. Evans is the one place that has gotten easier as time rolls on. I watch as obstacles disappear and the trails become flatter and smoother.

An actual ORV park offers something for everyone, as opposed to solely catering to stock vehicles. I pulled cable 5 times at Elbe last weekend. A rig on 31s could have followed right along or been close by the whole time.

as you know jim ive been working on that trail system my whole life with my parents and a whole lot of other trail systems just because i havent been up there the last few years is due to my "busy" everyday life and before that i was in the army so yes i think i can have at least a little bit of an opinion so please dont try to say that i havent been a part of the people tring to keep it open

EXAMPLE: when the beginning of the 311 was really easy to get up our club had a broke down rig on the 311 and sure enough when we got back with the parts to fix the rig someone stole a bunch of parts off it and we caught them on the hill climb in a 2 WD ford truck so with that said the ruts help prevent stuff like that happening,I know it wont stop it from happening but help

as you know jim ive been working on that trail system my whole life with my parents and a whole lot of other trail systems just because i havent been up there the last few years is due to my "busy" everyday life and before that i was in the army so yes i think i can have at least a little bit of an opinion so please dont try to say that i havent been a part of the people tring to keep it open

EXAMPLE: when the beginning of the 311 was really easy to get up our club had a broke down rig on the 311 and sure enough when we got back with the parts to fix the rig someone stole a bunch of parts off it and we caught them on the hill climb in a 2 WD ford truck so with that said the ruts help prevent stuff like that happening,I know it wont stop it from happening but help

Calling the volunteers that busted their butts "asshats" is not a opinion its a flat out insult to those that were there doing the work to keep the trail open. As I have stated before we were told by the FS what needed to be done to keep the trail open. Anyone that has a problem with that then take it out on the FS not the volunteers doing what they were told. As far as theft issues nothing will stop things like that from happening but if you think a 2 wheel drive truck is going to make it up that trail then you havent seen it recently.

If this were the case wouldn't you have to be street legal to access these trails?:eeek:

She told me that they were gonna make the road a 2 way road with one lane for street legal and another for trail rigs, bikes, etc..

Of course when I asked her about a timetable for all this she had no idea, but some of the work party people there said they didn't expect to see too much happen till next summer.

She told me that they were gonna make the road a 2 way road with one lane for street legal and another for trail rigs, bikes, etc..

Of course when I asked her about a timetable for all this she had no idea, but some of the work party people there said they didn't expect to see too much happen till next summer.

The road from the entrance (and 311 trail) will only be open to street legal vehicles. If you look at the map in the plan you can see that there is a way to access the begining of the 311 without haveing to double back. (Campground to day use to the 102 will bring you back out at the entrance. Cross the lot and up the 311 will bring you back to the campground.)

Calling the volunteers that busted their butts "asshats" is not a opinion its a flat out insult to those that were there doing the work to keep the trail open. As I have stated before we were told by the FS what needed to be done to keep the trail open. Anyone that has a problem with that then take it out on the FS not the volunteers doing what they were told. As far as theft issues nothing will stop things like that from happening but if you think a 2 wheel drive truck is going to make it up that trail then you havent seen it recently.

you seriously think that im calling the volunteers asshats i guess you dont know me as well as you thought. Im calling the people that came up with idea of filling it full of rocks asshats not the volunteers

i can understand making the ruts not as deep bot completely filling them up makes it more like a tough road then a trail

less capable rigs will attempt the trail and it could bite them in tha ass further up the trail

the rocks are gunna get all tossed into the parking lot due to one wheeler peelers

to me i think its just a bad idea and a waste of money

Because the trail was getting impassable to even the average user. Someone had created a bypass around it (bad) so it had to be fixed and the bypassed blocked off.

Thats bull crap, a stock rig with lockers could make it ok. It was more fun the way it was. Now you guys made it wear everything can get up there to dump trash an striping cars. It seems like we are forgeting what real 4 wheeling is. It makes me not want to support the local 4x4s here anymore. Thats why i do most of my wheeling out of state anymore.:beatdeadhorse:

at least towing companies will make alot of money when joe blow from seattle takes there STOCK bmw 4x4 up the 311 because it looks so easy then to get stuck in the first puddle and not be able to get back out

at least towing companies will make alot of money when joe blow from seattle takes there STOCK bmw 4x4 up the 311 because it looks so easy then to get stuck in the first puddle and not be able to get back out

Thats just going to make the woods gang banger city......That bmw will like honey to a bear ...............all the homies will come waddling with there pants at the knees to strip that thing....well thats only if they want to get there white k swiss shoes dirty . Damit......all hell is going to break loose up there.

Last edited:
you seriously think that im calling the volunteers asshats i guess you dont know me as well as you thought. Im calling the people that came up with idea of filling it full of rocks asshats not the volunteers

i can understand making the ruts not as deep bot completely filling them up makes it more like a tough road then a trail

less capable rigs will attempt the trail and it could bite them in tha ass further up the trail

the rocks are gunna get all tossed into the parking lot due to one wheeler peelers

to me i think its just a bad idea and a waste of money

I was just reading what you wrote.

This has just gotten stupid. The trail will revert(to a extent) just as they always do to something a bit harder in a short period of time. As soon as you go up the trail a little farther your going to decide whether its for your rig or not. Its not going to turn into a dumping ground or a hotbed for methheads and gangbangers:rolleyes: Its what was wanted by the FS to deal with the visual aspects as well as erosion and water issues that are a real issue in that spot. If it made it to easy for anyone then don't use it. There's plenty of other trails to play on in the park. Regardless of what anyone thinks its keeping the trail open and that's a big win in my book. Huge thanks for those that busted their butts getting it fixed :cheer::cheer::cheer:

This has just gotten stupid. The trail will revert(to a extent) just as they always do to something a bit harder in a short period of time. As soon as you go up the trail a little farther your going to decide whether its for your rig or not. Its not going to turn into a dumping ground or a hotbed for methheads and gangbangers:rolleyes: Its what was wanted by the FS to deal with the visual aspects as well as erosion and water issues that are a real issue in that spot. If it made it to easy for anyone then don't use it. There's plenty of other trails to play on in the park. Regardless of what anyone thinks its keeping the trail open and that's a big win in my book. Huge thanks for those that busted their butts getting it fixed :cheer::cheer::cheer:

PNW was doing the samething at elbe and bitching that the trails were to hard. Now wow and the other folks are allowed to make the trails harder at the sametime as keeping the water run off under control. So why is evans becoming easier ? (PNW consists of old schooler jeepers) So do you think WOW getting more involved will make things better for the HARDCORE wheelers?

I agree its better then getting it shut down I do think its going to create some issues but its gunna happen one way or another it just might be a little easier i guess

Unwork party anyone?

But in all seriousness, I am now trolling cragslist for a front drive compact sedan. If I can score an older Civic or something I'll weld the front and cut out the wheelwells. Already have 28 inch mud tires. This could be a fun build and more than enough "rig" for the place.

Me not being a regular Evans user I've stayed away from this one but......I do think there needs to be a time when volunteers say no if they don't agree with what is going on and have good reason to not agree. Having said that Brian you really need to stop talking out of you ass and get over it. If the gang bangers want in Evans filling in one hole isn't going to make a huge difference. This isn't a WOW vs PNW issue. If WOW wants to get involved and try to make things different then more power to them.:cheer: Thing is it's going to take a commitment from the volunteers to make that happen. Being a web tard and bitching on the internet isn't going to make anything happen.:rolleyes:

Me not being a regular Evans user I've stayed away from this one but......I do think there needs to be a time when volunteers say no if they don't agree with what is going on and have good reason to not agree. Having said that Brian you really need to stop talking out of you ass and get over it. If the gang bangers want in Evans filling in one hole isn't going to make a huge difference. This isn't a WOW vs PNW issue. If WOW wants to get involved and try to make things different then more power to them.:cheer: Thing is it's going to take a commitment from the volunteers to make that happen. Being a web tard and bitching on the internet isn't going to make anything happen.:rolleyes:

I wasnt serious about what i said....I was poking fun at Jps comment. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts