• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek work party

Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of just filling it in a little you guys made it nicer than the roads on the way up there.

Its at the entry point of the park. Its not a spot that the FS wants to look "unattractive" or dangerous. They dont want people rolling over anywhere but certainly not right at the entrance where people gather. What can I tell you it is wahat it is and were all going to have to live with it.

Its at the entry point of the park. Its not a spot that the FS wants to look "unattractive" or dangerous. They dont want people rolling over anywhere but certainly not right at the entrance where people gather. What can I tell you it is wahat it is and were all going to have to live with it.

what if the people that volunteered said, "no I wont ruin a good trail obsticale that is rock and has been the same for years".

what would have happen then? I dont think the 311 or the park would be closed cuz of it.

what if the people that volunteered said, "no I wont ruin a good trail obsticale that is rock and has been the same for years".

what would have happen then? I dont think the 311 or the park would be closed cuz of it.

Wanna bet:eeek: It hasn't been the same for years it has gotten progressively worse (or better) as time went on. Bypasses were being created and the powers that be don't really care much for that.

Wanna bet:eeek:

sure. I dont think so. If asked, I would have agreed to fix/block the go arounds, but that entrance has no erosion issues and is a great gate keeper.

Im gonna get tired of parking on those 4x6 boulders when they all get roosted into tow rig land.

have you guys ever stood up to the FS or dnr? Not just feel it out, but stand ground on a view?

I'm normally all for working with the FS, and not trying to cause a stir and what not. But this is a major loss for the park. I am glad I got to run that gate keeper a couple weekends back.

Ofcourse like has been said I guess sometimes you just have to work with the FS for the greater good, too bad that meant sacrificing such a good gatekeeper.

or how does that adhere to the trail rating for that trail. its rate most difficult and now everyone will be able to get past the old gate keeper and get stuck and cause more damage farther up? makes no sense

I have been off line for a bit. But, I ask, why they felt it was a good idea to give the false impression of a safe entrance only to get new comers up to brake line or upper 311 and cause damage where no one can get to them.

Mind you, I appreciate any care that is provided at Evans. But, to change a trail that has grown into its own over the years. Seems image will be the downfall of this park.

Hopefully, I will get my truck back together before it is all closed...

or paved.

sure. I dont think so. If asked, I would have agreed to fix/block the go arounds, but that entrance has no erosion issues and is a great gate keeper.

Im gonna get tired of parking on those 4x6 boulders when they all get roosted into tow rig land.

have you guys ever stood up to the FS or dnr? Not just feel it out, but stand ground on a view?

We stand up to them all of the time. Thats why you still have any trails left to play on at all. I will tell you what Brad, and all of you other nay sayers. Spend some of YOUR free time (yes instead of wrenching or playing) on learning how this all REALLY works then come back in a couple of years with a little education on these matters and how things really work and we can talk. Until then just enjoy what you have to enjoy.

Just for further clarification. There was no "gatekeeper" just a rooted out hole. The rest of the trail is passable by a average rig on 33s as it has always been.

I have been off line for a bit. But, I ask, why they felt it was a good idea to give the false impression of a safe entrance only to get new comers up to brake line or upper 311 and cause damage where no one can get to them.

Mind you, I appreciate any care that is provided at Evans. But, to change a trail that has grown into its own over the years. Seems image will be the downfall of this park.

Hopefully, I will get my truck back together before it is all closed...

or paved.

Go up the trail another 100 yards or so and anybody smart enough to drive will see what the trail represents. Plenty of opportunity to turn arond if needed.

Go up the trail another 100 yards or so and anybody smart enough to drive will see what the trail represents. Plenty of opportunity to turn arond if needed.

You presented the biggest problem there. "If they are smart enough". It usually isn't the smart ones who get into trouble! If they were smart enough they wouldn't have used a by-pass. They would have used a winch or not used the trail to begin with.

Darwin will win out in the end.

I have been to a couple meetings. I know well what it takes to deal with the system. I applaud your efforts every chance I get. The weakness of our governmental agencies is showing in every aspect we can imagine. From forest management to border security. A sad state of affairs to be sure.

Last edited:
I was up there Saturday when they were fixing it. I thought they would just fill it in a little and remove the bypass, but they just went nuts with the fill rocks. After we ran a few trails picking up garbage I spent a while talking with the Forest Service lady there (can't rember her name). She said one of the big problems is that her boss came by several weeks ago and was appalled at the condition of the park at the entrance. She said they want to get that area all cleaned up and remove or block off all the muddy areas there where people are always screwing around and doing donuts. Part of the reason they did that to the entrance of the 311 was to make the entrance area of the park look better. She also told me that the plan is to not allow for any parking at the main entrance area, but seemed very skeptical as to wether or not that would actually happen, or if they could even enforce it. I ran the 311 after the work was done and agree that the entrance is way too easy, but the hill climb will still turn around any idiot in a stock vehicle. Unfortunatly that means I will probably spend more time trying to go around those who can't make it.

I was up there Saturday when they were fixing it. I thought they would just fill it in a little and remove the bypass, but they just went nuts with the fill rocks. After we ran a few trails picking up garbage I spent a while talking with the Forest Service lady there (can't rember her name). She said one of the big problems is that her boss came by several weeks ago and was appalled at the condition of the park at the entrance. She said they want to get that area all cleaned up and remove or block off all the muddy areas there where people are always screwing around and doing donuts. Part of the reason they did that to the entrance of the 311 was to make the entrance area of the park look better. She also told me that the plan is to not allow for any parking at the main entrance area, but seemed very skeptical as to wether or not that would actually happen, or if they could even enforce it. I ran the 311 after the work was done and agree that the entrance is way too easy, but the hill climb will still turn around any idiot in a stock vehicle. Unfortunatly that means I will probably spend more time trying to go around those who can't make it.

thats strange since they are going to expand this area and make for real staging area. there is a map of whats going to be done around here some where.

Yeah, I have seen that map too, which is why I too was a bit confused when she told me that. Maybe the plans have changed, I just know what I was told on Saturday. She said they want to triple the size of the day use area and clean up the entrance and make it a no parking area. Of course she did not seem to think this was a good idea or would even work, but she said it was what the higer ups wanted.

Yeah, I have seen that map too, which is why I too was a bit confused when she told me that. Maybe the plans have changed, I just know what I was told on Saturday. She said they want to triple the size of the day use area and clean up the entrance and make it a no parking area. Of course she did not seem to think this was a good idea or would even work, but she said it was what the higer ups wanted.

If this were the case wouldn't you have to be street legal to access these trails?:eeek:

no cause you could just park at the camp ground but then you would have to go down the 311 and then turn around and come back up:eeek:, but now more stock rigs get to run the trails and get stuck blocking everyone on the rock face. oh well that just means we get to watch people break the there ****:awesomework:

If this were the case wouldn't you have to be street legal to access these trails?:eeek:

You can run leave the upper day use lot/campground and jump on the 520, run over to the 198 trail over to the 102 trail and it will drop you into the lower parking lot, cruise accross the parking lot to the start of the lower 311.

Thats how we got to the 311 two weekends ago when we were up there since we had to park in the upper day use lot.

It's a bit of a drive but it works...

this a link to the map I used to come up with the trail numbers...http://www.nwjeepn.com/Maps/Evanscreek.pdf

That is absolutely disgusting. And here they are about to burn tens of thousands of our tax dollars renovating the campground for this irrelevant trail system. I think it is time to close Evans. Use it's closure to justify opening an actual ORV area somewhere else.

My FS pass expires this month and I'll never buy another again. N

Woot now i can take my wifes car up the 311 :rb::rb:

they should just pave all the trails then all the stock "Jeep guys" will be satisfied:looser:

wadda bunch of asshats

now watch were gunna find burned up stolen cars and trash on the 311 just because they can get there like it was a unpronouced gate keeper

ok i vented sry lets just see how long the rock stays in place lol

Whats an actual orv park,just because you build your rig to do bigger,does not mean that this park isn,'t lame for every one else,rember when you started out up there,I do and also have pic's to prove it.I know you do work parties to,but I didn't see you up there to,maybe if you were you could have talked to Bob (Director) ,and Darik about the matter you are discusted with.Sorry.

Whats an actual orv park,just because you build your rig to do bigger,does not mean that this park isn,'t lame for every one else,rember when you started out up there,I do and also have pic's to prove it.I know you do work parties to,but I didn't see you up there to,maybe if you were you could have talked to Bob (Director) ,and Darik about the matter you are discusted with.Sorry.

What good is it gonna do to go up there and speak your thoughts when all the old schoolers have been in there for so long and have a relationship with the forest service guys. They will just ignore you as your the bad seed of the bunch.

What good is it gonna do to go up there and speak your thoughts when all the old schoolers have been in there for so long and have a relationship with the forest service guys. They will just ignore you as your the bad seed of the bunch.

Wer'nt you a land matters chair for WOW (for about a month) Its called dedication and respect Brian, first you dedicate yourself to something then you get the respect. All of this bitchy little whining **** is just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.