• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans trail closed?

1980cj5

I drove up to evans tonight and the road that goes to the bottom of the 102 and 198 was blocked by rocks. It didnt look like a slide either, it looked like an excavator placed large boulders across the road. Does anyone know anything about this? Are they trying to shut down trails up there? I didnt see any rocks at the top of the 102 but I didnt drive down it very far because I was in my 2wd truck.

of course they had a huge work party and needed all kinds of volunteers to make it happen.

Not really, they do **** how they want, when they want, while they keep us busy and distracted.

I have no clue why its blocked tho.:D

Could be material for a prodject. I am pretty sure at times you get guys who are delivering/dumping materials that have no idea where they are supposed to dump them. I would not be shocked if that was the case.

Yah I didnt see any trail closed signs just a bunch of rocks across the trail/road. You should be able to get down there through the 102 as long as it is not blocked off to.

Could be material for a prodject. I am pretty sure at times you get guys who are delivering/dumping materials that have no idea where they are supposed to dump them. I would not be shocked if that was the case.

Thats possible but they would have had to back down the somewhat tight road a ways do dump the rocks were they are. Also there is a parking area about 75 yards in front of the place that they dumped the rocks so it doesnt look like that is the case.

The new and improved Evans will have fewer roads. They are saving money by closing some of the roads. :puke: :looser: :mad: :booo:

Their blocking the access to the county/state road so that there will only be one entrance/ exit going into the park. (gated) its part of the new forest plan for the park. With the low snow level they are getting started on some of the projects sooner than anticipated.

Their blocking the access to the county/state road so that there will only be one entrance/ exit going into the park. (gated)

So they can close the gate and the trails 6 months out of the year. :booo:

Now that I see thos I remember those pages thanks for the info guys. Are they going to close down the entrance on the tommy creek side, the new map says it will be "reduced to level 1 - closed" (not decomissioned like the currently blocked off road) what exactly does that mean? The closed portion of the road is the teal section that goes from SR165 to the 102 trail marked as decomissioned on the new map so that is probably what is happening.

Last edited:
some work that is bidding Evans Creek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found this today on a plan site.

Project Title: RECOVERY - EVANS CREEK ORV AREA ROADS - MT. BAKER-SNOQUALMIE NATIONAL FOREST - WASHINGTON
Type & Structure: Service Contract, Road / Highway

Bids Due: 05/03/2010

Contract #: AG-0489-S-10-0332

Scope of Work: RECOVERY - EVANS CREEK ORV AREA ROADS - MT. BAKER-SNOQUALMIE NATIONAL FOREST - WASHINGTON
STATES- WA, OR

FEDERAL ECONOMIC RECOVERY SPENDING RECOVERY - EVANS CREEK ORV AREA ROADS - MT. BAKER-SNOQUALMIE NATIONAL FOREST - WASHINGTON Solicitation Number: AG-0489-S-10-0332 Agency: Department of Agriculture Office: Forest Service Location: EROC Northwest General Information March 18, 2010 Posted Date: March 29, 2010 Response Date: May 03, 2010 Original Response Date: May 03, 2010 10:00 am Pacific Original Set Aside: N/A Set Aside: N/A Classification Code: Y -- Construction of structures and facilities NAICS Code: 237 -- Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction/237310 -- Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction Solicitation Number: AG-0489-S-10-0332 Notice Type: Modification/Amendment Contracting Office Address: 16400 Champion WaySandy, Oregon 97055 United States

Primary Point of Contact: Dennis D. Danz [email protected] Phone: 5419573230 Place of Performance: Enumclaw area of the Snoqualmie Ranger District, Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest North Bend, Washington 98045 United States

PROJECT DESCRIPTION. The U.S. Forest Service, EROC-NW, servicing Region 6 has a requirement for the EVANS CREEK ORV AREA ROADS Project. This project involves road construction, road maintenance, road decommissioning and traffic entry device work in the Enumclaw area of the Snoqualmie Ranger District, Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest in Washington. Work will include but is not limited to culvert removal, culvert installation, clearing and grubbing, riprap placement, crushed aggregate surfacing, excavate-load-haul-placement work, roadway surface and drainage maintenance, gate installation, road closures and related activities. The performance period is one calendar year after award.

Wellfrom the looks of those plans this may not be soo bad. The part of 311 that will become road is just about a road anyway. They could use some real parking around there as is cause otherwise I have seen like six trucks with trailers take up the whole lower staging area. I wonder how easy it will be to go use the area during all the work.

So are the rocks big enough to play on :D Sounds like fun to me, a needed obstacle to the boring 102 :cheer:

Wellfrom the looks of those plans this may not be soo bad. The part of 311 that will become road is just about a road anyway. They could use some real parking around there as is cause otherwise I have seen like six trucks with trailers take up the whole lower staging area. I wonder how easy it will be to go use the area during all the work.

All work is "supposed" to be done during the week. Shouldnt have to much impact on using the park.