• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Exploring Run in AZ

Symon623

Its a Hybrid
BOVADS had found this road we been wanting to check out for a while now so Sunday we went to check it out to see if we could make it through. Plus I wanted to get some miles on the rearend in the Syota so this was a good opertunity.

Where we had to turn around we had lunch and BS'd a while and had a funny convo that gave me a name for the main canyon we were in; Cosby Canyon.

The road back there was a real PITA..... dried ruts from the mud and rocks just big enough to make it annoying but not to make it challenging...... 50 MPH didnt even smooth it out.......

P1080098.jpg

First 100 break;
P1080099.jpg

P1080100.jpg

Here's BOVADS droppin back into the valley;
P1080105.jpg

More cruisin;
P1080106.jpg

We made it to Bedrock, I was lookin for Fred Flinstone up there;
P1080107.jpg

P1080108.jpg

Finally onto FR37;
P1080109.jpg

Another 100 break;
That friggin road is brutal on bladders;
P1080110.jpg

P1080111.jpg

Back on the move;
P1080112.jpg

P1080113.jpg

Here's where we dropped into the wash to play in the rocks.... this doesnt look like much but felt like a nose dive;
P1080114.jpg

Scouting our path up the wash;
P1080116.jpg

P1080118.jpg

P1080119.jpg

P1080120.jpg

P1080121.jpg

Next was my turn;
pic007.jpg

pic011.jpg

P1080123.jpg

P1080124.jpg

Even on 42's he gets hung up for a minute;
P1080125.jpg

P1080126.jpg

The normal exit to the wash was washed out bad and there was a tree and rock ready to take out a cab to we searched another way out of the wash....This was further upstream from where we actually exited but thought the real hardcore guys might like these shots;
P1080127.jpg

P1080129.jpg

P1080128.jpg

First washout doesnt look like much from top but we could have made it past this one just to go 50 yards to the worst one;
P1080136.jpg

From the front;
P1080137.jpg

The show stopper, Note that ditch was wide enough that my truck prolly couldn't straddle it;
P1080138.jpg

Looking down;
P1080139.jpg

Up;
P1080140.jpg

We hiked up about a

We turned around here and headed back out. We had to get back out of the wash that was kinda interesting;
pic020.jpg

pic022.jpg

pic023.jpg

I got a video of BOVADS here.

Headin back to the highway via the bladder buster road;
We turned around and worked our way back to the highway over the bladder buster road;
P1080143.jpg

View from 4500 feet;
P1080144.jpg

BOVADS playin in another wash that we crossed along the way;
P1080145.jpg

Put about 100 miles on the new rear end and it drives great and smooth at all speeds up to 80 MPH on the pavement...... Was a great day to get out, the weather was near perfect and I got to see some new stuff. Good times

sy, i think some of us are going to head down to the beach sunday. more then welcome to join.

Thanks Ty, we will be up the hill exploring some canyons up there this weekend.... Stay tuned for up dates...... That trail is definately on my bucket list of trails...... :awesomework:

I hate you.

And I love you.

All at the same time.

PS. The red truck looks really silly with them big ol' tires on it.

Thanks Karla....... I agree the red sled/rock bus would look better with 4D's I think but he opted for the biguns. Make my 37's look like baby tires..... :redneck:

Thanks Ty, we will be up the hill exploring some canyons up there this weekend.... Stay tuned for up dates...... That trail is definately on my bucket list of trails...... :awesomework:

i'll post back pictures...it should be a wild time.:masturbanana[1]:

did you think to bring your gold pan up there...1500.00 a once..that looks like some good gold country

i'll post back pictures...it should be a wild time.:masturbanana[1]:

It usually is.... I am hopin for a warmer day so there will be more scenery at the beach..... :masturbanana[1]:

did you think to bring your gold pan up there...1500.00 a once..that looks like some good gold country

I have friends that do this regularly in the area. Its not that prosperous in this area but there are some more popular spots west of where we were.

Sy soon after i get retired i would love to come see some of your country. your adventure is exactly why im building my whilly.

i grew up in the SW desert, born in NM, and family in Ca so i have driven across AZ about a million times looking at the country side. want to go explore it.

a couple years....:fawkdancesmiley:like Karl said love the pictures hate that i cant go with.

Sy soon after i get retired i would love to come see some of your country. your adventure is exactly why im building my whilly.

i grew up in the SW desert, born in NM, and family in Ca so i have driven across AZ about a million times looking at the country side. want to go explore it.

a couple years....:fawkdancesmiley:like Karl said love the pictures hate that i cant go with.

Let me know when your comin...It usually doesnt take much to get a group together to hit some trails..... Bobby, Odie, Brad and Jeff have been down for a few trails......