• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

F.A.S.T. Ez efi

My review will be terrible. Purchased fast for a big chevy with open headers. Had to change plugs every two rides.when it was a cold engine, if it didn't fire and start the first try, it would run a pint of gas out each header tube. After two years and washed cylinder walls, I have a complete exhaust system out the back and it still eats plugs real bad. When warmed up it's fine. Makes my big block kick ass.

The running rich with open headers will happen with all "self learning" efi systems. Header reversion sucks air back in past the O2 sensor causing it to read false lean. It then adds fuel to get the AFR it's programmed for. You would have to manually tune the lower RPMs.
I have the Holley HP EFI system on mine and it did the same thing. It is manually tuned below 1500 rpm now and runs perfect. I don't have experience with the FAST system, but would recommend the Holley setup. Software is easy to use and it's very flexible. There is a knowledgeable guy (Doug F.) on some of the forums that can help out too. I did have a bad ECM once, which Holley replaced for free, out of warranty. HTH

Me and Yankster messed around with one on the spider buggy, buggy wouldn't start at first , called fast tech line a dozen times to trouble shoot , everyone we talked to said complete oppsoite from the prior tech. It was a real hassle, they had us opening the computer up changing dip switch settings ... I think the guy that owns the buggy now took the fast efi off and replaced it with cut down gm harness , another guy im friends with put the throttle body fast system on a 350 and had similar issues with their tech line, I just put an MSD automic lot on a buggy and it was stupid simple and easy, I like it

MSD Atomic on Bombshell. It hates short headers too. As long as you have 18" of exhaust after the O2 sensor you will love it.

halcat said:
My review will be terrible. Purchased fast for a big chevy with open headers. Had to change plugs every two rides.when it was a cold engine, if it didn't fire and start the first try, it would run a pint of gas out each header tube. After two years and washed cylinder walls, I have a complete exhaust system out the back and it still eats plugs real bad. When warmed up it's fine. Makes my big block kick ass.
had the same problem on the gin and juice buggy, there is a setting in the computer called advance fuel[af] ,they set it up at like 3, which causes it to run really rich, i set mine at 1 ,its been awhile since ive mess with mine ,but once i set that ,mine has been great ,no more fouled plugs ,cranks and run good. i found this info out from a road racing guy.that was using the system,he had his set at like 0 . may search through your computer and see were its set at. its been awhile but i want to think it was in the advance settings.

Thanks for the info. I read a few older reviews searching google and it seems like a pretty common problem with wiring and customer service that's really not much help. So I should looking into holley or msd? Looking to go fuel injection on a 500hp bbc,buggy,rockwells,th350/205,44s.

quick fuel has a new one out as well. if its anything like they'er carbs ,it will be good

I have zero complaints with the MSD unit thus far, I've used
Their ignition components for years and their tech line is ways useful and they actually seem to know what their talkin about... They said the throttle body system with bigger pump we got will support 500hp, I've heard good things about big stuff too

I've got the ez 2.0 on my new motor and if I could I would take it off and use it for target practice! It's been nothing but trouble since day one. would not recommend it. Just my .02!!

I run the Holley HP system and could not be more impressed. It was easy to tune, and with just a few baseline parameters entered I had my built LS up and running in no time. However I did have a local tuner do some fine tuning and tweaking to better suit our application.

F.A.S.T. Ez efi

What is the main issue you guys have had with the FAST system. Looking to install one similar on a caddy 500 Cid before I found this thread and several issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran propane for a year on my big block mopar... despite what all the pain lovers say you just can't get enough air through that little impco 425 carb... not physically possible.. I got fed up with dealing with it so I switched to the FAST ez efi... Simple to install. I had NO issues with installation. Once I drove it around for a while ( quite a while ) it taught itself how to make my engine the beast it was supposed to be from the start.

I took off the proPAIN and threw on the EX efi.. NO OTHER CHANGES.. and my engine ran like a raped ape.

I absolutely loved it...

unfortunately new build is a 5.7 hemi with a megasquirt running it so I couldn't use it and had to sell it.

Re: F.A.S.T. Ez efi

Any more reviews on here?

Have mild bbc that's been decked, probe forged small dome pistons, 7/16's rods, forged crank, massaged 781 iron heads, full comp valve train with one of their xe-268 cams, air-gap, Davis unified HEI, long tube headers w/full exhaust.

Been looking at the ez efi setup but open to other options. Just want to stay away from Holley, dealt with one of their tbi setups in the past and it was a huge pain in the ass.

Sent from yo momma' house

D-LUX said:
Any more reviews on here?

Have mild bbc that's been decked, probe forged small dome pistons, 7/16's rods, forged crank, massaged 781 iron heads, full comp valve train with one of their xe-268 cams, air-gap, Davis unified HEI, long tube headers w/full exhaust.

Been looking at the ez efi setup but open to other options. Just want to stay away from Holley, dealt with one of their tbi setups in the past and it was a huge pain in the ass.

Sent from yo momma' house

This thread is a year old. But I'm happy with my fast fuel efi.

poolman said:
This thread is a year old. But I'm happy with my fast fuel efi.

I know it's an oldie, I've always been one to try and look for info instead of starting new threads for already answered questions.
Thanks for the heads up though