• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

F250 or 2500HD????????

Randys Rock Rods said:
2011-13 Duramax is the only way to go :****:

These can hold a load for sure. My dad had a 06 and 08 3500 that needed airbags for his slide in camper. The 11 and now the 13 handle the load better without bags. Camper weighs around 7500 loaded plus a 20' bass boat behind it.

Well. ... Ford 00-03 has the worst steering ever can't keep one in a strait line for nothing. Newer model 6.0 Ford motor sucks. But are very strong if you can get a good one with all the work done there okay. I will never own a Ford my grand parents and dad has Ford's and are considering getting a Dodge. I have a 06 Dodge 2500 and love it. So good would say Dodge but since Dodge agin it your question I would go dmax if I couldn't have another Dodge. Good luck thoug. If it's a dmax get 08 or newer there bad ass

85toyo said:
These can hold a load for sure. My dad had a 06 and 08 3500 that needed airbags for his slide in camper. The 11 and now the 13 handle the load better without bags. Camper weighs around 7500 loaded plus a 20' bass boat behind it.

Yea i have a 2011 dmax now. The best on the market, as far as im concerned. 2011 and up have more HP and torque than the older years, and all of them, from what ive seen, are very dependable.

Some of the new 6.7 Fords are having engine problems, and the 6.4s and 6.0s are nothing but junk. The best Powerstroke to have, would be the '02-'03 model 7.3s.

I've owned a 06 megacab 5.9 cummins, and a 2011 6.7 both pulled great, but the A/C sucked in both trucks, and the seats were uncomfortable as hell.

I've got an '01 dmax, with 198,000, I've had it for 7 years and love it, I had an 06 cummins and hated it, luckily I still had my dmax to fall back on, dmax for life!

Older fords great trucks and motors will pull whatever you put at it and last forever down side 14 mpg and hard to find one that doesn't have 300,000 miles on it and the guy selling it keeps telling you that "it is a diesel that is just getting broke in" Chevys are good motors they are just Tunned up from the factory not a whole lot of room to play with when it comes to tunning but the Allison tranny is great and makes a big difference just my experience with the two and second on the 6.0 they are a good motor if studs and cooler are changed they got a real bad rep but they make good power and can be found pretty cheap

Re: Re: Re: F250 or 2500HD????????

Randys Rock Rods said:
Yea i have a 2011 dmax now. The best on the market, as far as im concerned. 2011 and up have more HP and torque than the older years, and all of them, from what ive seen, are very dependable.

Some of the new 6.7 Fords are having engine problems, and the 6.4s and 6.0s are nothing but junk. The best Powerstroke to have, would be the '02-'03 model 7.3s.

I've owned a 06 megacab 5.9 cummins, and a 2011 6.7 both pulled great, but the A/C sucked in both trucks, and the seats were uncomfortable as hell.

I have no ussues with my 6.4.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I know it was said before but... Cummins is the way to go for 'Me'. I've driven and worked on them all. 2006 mega cab that I should have never sold 175k of trouble free miles
ety4a5ab.jpg

if u want to support obama and the government buy d max,but id rather not support him or any thing that he has his hands on.F 250 ford the only thing sittn n my drive way

duramax all the way :tc both of my work trucks have it under the hood and they are awesome.. an 01 dually with 113xxx miles and an 06 with 85xxx with zero issues other than general maintaince. i bought an 08 crew cab 2500hd with only 51xxx last week for my personal truck and its a beast, feels like it would pull anything you want.. as fast as you wanna go :****:

D Max all the way I've got an 06 3500 with the LBZ motor 392xxx and still get 18-20 around town. Only pain is the sealed unit bearings.

just laying back soaking up the info....by the way got bout 12k-15k to work with...wud like to buy truck and nice Gooseneck included in..

I got 03 2500hd w/8.1 best damn pulling truck I ever owned! I've always been a Dodge man till I bought this truck.

I've got an 08 ford dually with 6.4 with dpf delete and a tuner and its never missed a lick. Verystrong and durable truck. I pull a lot of weight and its never let me down. I know the dmax is a solid truck but have never liked the styling and independent front.