• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fastenal rocks

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
I have to say the one in monroe is by far one of the better places for stuff I have dealt with in a long time. The 2 guys who are always there always give you" how's it going can I help you" the second I have ever walked in the door. They are also extreemly nice and helpfull. I walk out of there every time with nothing but good :awesomework:

I think I shock them every time with numbers for the stuff I grab out of there bulk bags :redneck:

I have hit the big 3 around here, fastenal, tacoma screw and a local outfit M&M bolt. All give good service and are friendly but I flat out let myself get RAPED on my beadlock bolts because they were the only ones still open that had them. I payed over double the price tacoma screw quoted me when I was in there a few days later for some large hardware.

Fastenal SUCKS! If I go in to buy 8 bolts they will only sell them in boxes of 25.:mad: We have a local hardware/bolt store that I can buy one 10-32 set screw if I want, and better prices.

Thought so...

They were the only place in town that had a M14 tap for my Toyota Camry crank bolt. They also were the only place open on x-mas eve on top of that.

I didn't mind at all ever driving across town to go there and support them. Even when I used to only live 1/2 mile from HD and Lowes.

We have Fastenal at work and this guy is bad. We will give him a part number from his book and he says that he cannot get it or find it. When our shelfs at work go empty he will just throw something else into it. He does not know anything about nuts, bolts or electrical. Sad part is he has been doing this for two years with us and he still does not know anything.

Fastenal SUCKS! If I go in to buy 8 bolts they will only sell them in boxes of 25.:mad: We have a local hardware/bolt store that I can buy one 10-32 set screw if I want, and better prices.

I agree... we've got one here in e-burg. They are real nice, know their ****, great selection, but holy ****..... good luck walking out with just one or two nuts and bolts and not a bag. It's too bad.

really--I walked out with 5 washers, 7 nuts and 5 bolts :corn:

I deal with Tacoma Screw (Kent) quite a bit at work. The sales guy that handles our account is great and will track down just about anything for me. I've tried a few of the local Fastenal branches before and found that most of their counter guys seem inexperienced and their prices aren't very good. About the only thing they have going for them is the number of locations. Those guys have stores everywhere.

I agree... we've got one here in e-burg. They are real nice, know their ****, great selection, but holy ****..... good luck walking out with just one or two nuts and bolts and not a bag. It's too bad.

Fastenal is like a Costco for hardware.... you get the discount when you buy in bulk (especially if you set up an account)

Good luck buying 5 granola bars at Costco. :awesomework:
No one bitches about that

I have never had a problem buying only a couple of bolts at the fastenal here in olympia and last time I was in there they even threw me a new aggressive grinder wheel to try out and see if I like for free:awesomework: Their prices sometimes are a bit high but I would rather go there and know they have what I need than spend $20 more on diesel driving around trying to find it.

Hi All:

In north Seattle we have the usual Lowe's and Home Depot (which bite for fasteners selection) and an assortment of neighborhood hardware stores, as well as Fastenal and Tacoma Screw locations. The best of the bunch is a place in "Freford" (between Fremont and Wallingford) called Stoneway Hardware. <www.stonewayhardware.com>

For such a small store Stoneway Hardware has a great fastener selection of both SAE and Metric, different grades, stainless, and so on. Prices seem good in comparison to Tacoma Screw! :D

Regards,

Alan

Last edited:
Good luck buying 5 granola bars at Costco. :awesomework:
No one bitches about that

Last I checked I'm an average customer(I think:haha: ) and don't run a ****in construction outfit or an auto shop where I need eleventybillion of something. E-burg is a smaller town and our selections here in town could use some help. I'm just sayin there's a reason why when I walk in they act like they haven't seen a person in ages. I go in maybe once a month and they know my name:haha: They're really hurting here.:hi: