• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FatAss 2014

Pizza and a pint to make it to sleep. Haven't slept more than two hours in 5 days. Down from 188 to 180 an up in the morning to chop some wood at Stony. Long way to go, but I am moving forwards. I'd like to be twenty points lighter by summers end.

New born and still volunteering is taking its tole. Not cooking is making the biggest impact. When I cook five times a week, I feel the best, sleep the best and weigh the least.

Hey patooyee, I wanted to thank you for sharing the My Fitness Pal app. I had no plans of dieting this year but was intrigued enough by this to give it a try. It has really worked for me, I started on the first of Jan. at 259lbs and of this morning I'm 231. I really had no Idea how bad I ate till I started logging it everyday. My goal was 225 but much like u that has changed, guess I'll just see where I start slowing down or bottom out eating like I am.
So again thanks for the app and getting me to get up of my ass to doing something about it.

Chris

LuckyMan said:
Hey patooyee, I wanted to thank you for sharing the My Fitness Pal app. I had no plans of dieting this year but was intrigued enough by this to give it a try. It has really worked for me, I started on the first of Jan. at 259lbs and of this morning I'm 231. I really had no Idea how bad I ate till I started logging it everyday. My goal was 225 but much like u that has changed, guess I'll just see where I start slowing down or bottom out eating like I am.
So again thanks for the app and getting me to get up of my ass to doing something about it.

Chris

I'm glad its working. My brother, wife, and sister in law have all started using it, too. I wasn't pushing it at all. I was just tired of being a fatass so I started doing it without telling anyone. Then my brother and his wife came to visit and I was 15 lbs thinner than last time they saw me and they were like woah, what happened. I told them and they started. I put zero pressure on my wife to start, too. Didn't even tell her about it until she asked me why I was loosing weight. I'm not going to pretend to know what she was thinking, I think she got a little insecure or something, but whatever it was caused her to start using it, too. Combined between all 4 of us we've lost like 60 lbs in the last 4 months now. It really opens your eyes to how much most of us over eat on a daily basis. The average American probably eats at least 30% too many calories throughout the day and many are probably double to quadruple what they should be eating. My Dad eats 3 times/day and takes in what he should be eating through the entire day for each meal probably. He drinks on top of that and even he is not obese by today's American standards.

I still eat most of the foods I used to, just a lot less of them. I have had to give up almost all desserts, and burgers are pretty much a thing of the past too. But those are the biggest sacrifices I've made. I do basically no exercise. I know I should do more, and I do push ups and sit-ups when I have the energy. (I leave the house for work at 7am and don't get home until around 11pm most days.) And I know there are better foods I could be eating, too. But when I started this I knew that dieting wasn't something I have stuck with in the past. I knew if I was going to be successful I would have to change my lifestyle in a way that I could sustain indefinitely. I'm not dieting now, I'm just living the way I want to continue living. I fully intend to enter everything I eat until the day I day in this app and I really don't mind it. Every time I do it reminds me how easy it is to get fat again.

I hear ya on the easy to get fat thing! The wife and i went out to eat for Valentine's and again a couple days later for a promotion, I think it took me ten days to get back to the weight I was before the holiday.
My wife and niece have been doing it with me once they saw how easy it is! My wife has lost 10 pounds and my niece uses it to maintain. Infact her health class is learning about in collage and she is getting to help since she has been doing it for a couple months. The part that blew me away was how many calories and sugar went to what I drink. Id have a few on the weekend but it was the 2 monsters and 3-4 cokes a day that really got me, that's like 2 meals worth of calories. What I have learned was I didn't eat to bad at home (except quantity) and its hard to eat out and be healthy. So cut back on portions, more fish less beeand no soda/monster.

Yes, lots of calories in cokes, monsters, coffee, etc. I used to drink a lot of milk which is the biggest thing I miss. I've come to prefer eating my calories instead of drinking them. But I have found good ways to sub what I used to drink. Now I drink unsweet tea with Splenda instead of sweet. Monster Absolute Zero has zero cal and taste just like regular Monster, IMO. Coke Zero is OK but I like Diet Pepsi better, used to be a coke drinker. I don't miss any of the original drinks now. Egg whites instead of regular eggs isn't a huge impact but I find are about as good as regular eggs anyway so I've switched.

Actually, if people have tricks they use to save on cals I'd like to hear them.

I am on the My Fitness Pal app too along with my girlfriend. She uses it religiously and I hardly ever log anything... I have really been pushing to eat better and have almost totally cut out fast food all together (besides the drunken Taco Bell runs). We are going on a 7 day cruise the end of April and I'm worried that I'm still going to be a fat gelatinous slob when the time comes to get on the boat.

I have cut down my calories to what the MFP app has recommended (2540 cal. Per day) and I usually have a few hundred left everyday. I'm 6'2" and was at 225. I'm down to 212 now and want at least another 15 pounds gone!

I've also been working out after work about 4-5 days a week using some exercises from P90X. I do the upper body stuff and the 15 minutes ab worker at least twice a week. When I was in high school (I'm 25 now) I could push hard in the gym for a couple weeks and look amazing... Now, I busty ass and I'm not getting anywhere near the gains that I would get 8-10 years ago. It's extremely frustrating sometimes, but my smokin' hot and super fit girlfriend is being more supportive than I could have ever imagined and I'm starting to feel pretty good about it all now!

If y'all are on the My Fitness Pal app look me up so I can get motivation from y'all eating good and doing **** that's better than what I'm doing! I'm TN12Valve on there too.

Sent from my cellular device.

I'm patooyee's brother, down about 13-14 lbs so far this year (267 to 253), pretty steady at 1.5 per week. After about 60 days I got kind of burnt out and took a 2 week break and ate healthy but did not put food into the app and didn't gain but didn't lose. Couple things that have been working for me...

- Eating beans as a replacement for white carbs. I eat beans with breakfast and as a side with dinner. They make me feel full longer. In general I feel like white starchy carbs take a lot to fill me up, leave me hungry an hour or two later.

- Eating way more vegetables. Sometimes with dinner I have a huge bowl of frozen vegetables with some butter on them. Takes forever to eat, fills me up. I like sugar snap peas the best.

- Drinking lots of water, have cut out diet sodas even. I feel like diet sodas make me hungry for some reason. Instead when I drink water I feel better.

- Getting more sleep. I do so much better when I am well rested. Much easier to make good decisions. This is probably the hardest thing for me, I can't shut everything off/put the book down and go to sleep, tend to want to stay up to 11-12 need to make that 10.

- Exercise. Seems like it is way easier for me to eat more net calories and burn some off then it is to just stay under my calorie goal with food alone. On weekends I like to get lots of exercise and then eat a bunch. Saturday I had a normal/light) breakfast and lunch but I biked with my son, ran stairs for 20 minutes, jogged 2 miles, biked 3 more miles fast by myself and going into dinner had like 2100 calories left for the day. I grilled big juicy cheeseburgers (90/10 ground) and had two big burgers, hash browns, and sugar snap peas. Ate until I was about to pop and still was under my calorie goal by a good bit. Felt great to be stuffed but also did not feel guilty because I got tons of exercise, probably built some muscle, and still ended well under my net calorie goal. So sort of felt like a cheat day but without the guilt of being way over on calories.

- Vegetarian days. Not for the sake of becoming a vegetarian...for the sake of challenging myself to think outside the box on food. It feels very weird at first but then I think it has helped me get used to the idea that a meal does not have to be 80% a big hunk of meat and gravy. Challenges me to put more effort into finding receipts and cooking good veggies and sides instead of always focusing on the meat and the sides are just an after thought. Eventually I would like to have some healthy vegetable receipts that are the focus of the meal.

- Finding/replacing high calorie foods that you eat every week with alternatives. Example, bread. We were eating normal whole wheat bread, 110 calories a slice. We found some high fiber whole wheat bread that is 50 calories a slice. So now if I have a sandwich the bread is 100 calories instead of 220. More chicken instead of ground meat...like taco night is chicken breast slow cooked now instead of ground beef. Egg whites with one egg for flavor, mustard instead of mayo or miracle whip, stuff like that.

- Snacking on good snacks helps me a lot. Apples, carrots and hummus, piece of fruit, etc. I try to keep that next to me at work so when I get hungry I don't end up in the break room eating whatever cake, cupcake, or cookies is in there. I find if I have a healthy snack I can easily resist but if I have nothing but that it's very tough to resist and I end up eating crap I don't even really like (not big on sweets).

Probably can think of some more but those are what stand out.

Being fats not all bad see......

Attachments

• wtf-pictures-003276.jpg
    wtf-pictures-003276.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 103
Little update I've almost made my new goal of 190. I'm at 196 thats 63 pounds for me since the first of the year!
Problem now is that between the weight loss and shaving my beard for the fire dept, no one recognizes me, or they ask me if I'm sick lol

5'10 170 and cut like a mofo!! Quitting alcohol completely two years ago has been astronomical.

I started working on losing weight about 9 months ago. Started at 243 and now down to 183. Went from a 42 waist to 36 which is now loose fitting. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss! It damn sure isn't easy but once you start seeing results it gets easier and even addictive.

I went from 243 to 218 and then my house flooded and I've been living with Mom & Dad for 2 months while repairs take place. Mom's good home-cooking has me back up to 226 again and I'm super-bummed, but hoping to move back into my house again next week and get back on the wagon. :-\

JohnG said:
Fuk U, I have gained twelve.

I wouldn't let that bother you, when I started I dropped 10 pounds pretty quick then gained it rite back. Tried different things until I found something that worked for me and I could stick too.

Down to 238, 29lbs lost so far. Lots more fruits and vegetables for me, some vegetarian meals. I have found I have got to have volume, I can't just eat a little bit of high calorie food, would rather have more low calorie food. For dessert I have been having a huge bowl of cold watermelon, that stuff is good diet or no diet I look forward to it.

Another trick is I will get up from the table and go sit in a recliner where I can still talk to my family and be there with them but just get away from the food for a minute, have a glass of water and let the food sink in. Works especially well on nights when we are having something I love like tacos. If I feel like going back to eat more I can but its hard for me to just sit at the table with the food out and not keep going. Usually I find it sinks in and I am stuffed, glad I did not keep going into taco number 4,5 or even 6.

Sometimes I eat fruitarian meals, maybe a huge home made smoothie for breakfast on Saturday. When you put some ice, bananas, mixed frozen fruit, almond milk, and some water you can create a 500 calorie smoothie that is massive. You drink that and you can barely fit it all in versus having a couple eggs, bacon, orange juice that barely feels like it made a dent in your stomach. Every once in a while for lunch I will just have apples, bananas, carrots, whatever until I am stuffed full. Sometimes for the low calories, sometimes to challenge myself to think differently about food, same with the vegetarian/vegan meals...challenges my ingrained perception that every meal has to have a big slab of greasy meat covered in cheese with potatoes and butter.

JJ - this is what you need to do living at Mom's house. Before you leave work to go home make a massive salad of lettuce, tons of tomato, cucumber and a dab of dressing (toss or shake salad to lightly coat everything). Or get a bag of apples and eat three before you go home and drink a big glass of water. Another thing you could do is make a thin fruit smoothie. You can put say one banana and a couple strawberries in a blender with a splash of milk and a ton of water, make kind of a home made juice maybe a little thicker and drink that you will be full going into your meal. Once you take the edge off you will be able to go easier. Worst thing you can do is be hungry and sit down to a huge banquet of your favorite foods (IMO).

Fractured my spine doing dead lifts awhile back I'm up 8 lbs now from where I started the year. I'm about to say **** the pain and just start running again. I thought I had just pulled something, and took some time off from working out (while regaining my love of pasta). Passed a kidney stone (wish hat pain on no one), and when hey did my ct scan, they found my fracture. I plan on losing 15 by sept 25.