• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fawkin' LED lights

CrustyJeep

So I put in some LED tail lights. Then the turn signal flasher wouldn't work, so I put in one of those fancy pants electronic ones, and everything was good again.

Tonight I replaced the front turn signal lights with LED's, and now even the fancy pants electronic flasher is dumb.

WTF do I do now?

This is an old school 2-prong flasher unit BTW.

Just to clarify, they don't blink fast or any of that nonsense, they just go bright and don't blink at all.

Last edited:
Just wire into the circuit an old fashioned bulb. The front bulbs (being old fashioned) had enough resistance to trigger the flash. Now that they're removed, you have too little resistance (due to the efficiency of LED) and the flasher doesn't know the circuit is even lit. So re-wire in the side marker lenses to the front (that got removed when you went flat fender) and voila, you have flashers again.

What's the attraction of LED turn signals anyway? They aren't as bright as incandascent bulbs and you usually have to fool with flashers to get them to work right. I don't get it....

My LED lights where a breeze to put in. I got 3 wire LED trailer lights. Bright as hell and flush with the tub.

What's the attraction of LED turn signals anyway? They aren't as bright as incandascent bulbs and you usually have to fool with flashers to get them to work right. I don't get it....

1: Waterproof
2: vibration-proof
3: don't burn out
4: no sockets to corrode (see #1)

I was usin one of those fancy pants electronic ones on the Willys and it worked fine with all LED's:wtf: Not usin it now, yours if you wanna come get it......:fawkdancesmiley:

Crusty, what year jeep do you have ?

IIRC if your rig was made before 2000 you can use the same one I used to fix the prob it is a variable (sp) load flasher here is the one I used

Tridon stant EL-12 flasher

What's the attraction of LED turn signals anyway?
1) They're cool.
2) They use less energy, contributing less to global warming.

Seriously...

1) Don't burn out (hopefully)
2) They use less juice; that appeals to me in an anal retentive can't quite put my finger on it sort of way.

Then keep praying...:haha: :haha:
I pray a little every time you post :flipoff:

My LED lights where a breeze to put in. I got 3 wire LED trailer lights. Bright as hell and flush with the tub.
Did you have nothing but LED's? I do, right down to the dash indicators.

Crusty, what year jeep do you have ?

IIRC if your rig was made before 2000 you can use the same one I used to fix the prob it is a variable (sp) load flasher here is the one I used

Tridon stant EL-12 flasher
It's a '76 (the parts that are from a CJ5). I'll look at that one. Thanks.

So I put in some LED tail lights. Then the turn signal flasher wouldn't work, so I put in one of those fancy pants electronic ones, and everything was good again.

Tonight I replaced the front turn signal lights with LED's, and now even the fancy pants electronic flasher is dumb.

WTF do I do now?

This is an old school 2-prong flasher unit BTW.

Just to clarify, they don't blink fast or any of that nonsense, they just go bright and don't blink at all.

Odd--Yours is the same way as mine and mine--work perfect.. I can't tell but are the indicators led or a bulb? Mine are still bulbs.