• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Few Updates to the TJ

I think I am gonna wait on pics and just let the local guys see it in person. It is gonna be a head turner for sure, need to buff and wax the rest of the rig so it will match the hood ;D

BamaTJ said:
I think I am gonna wait on pics and just let the local guys see it in person. It is gonna be a head turner for sure, need to buff and wax the rest of the rig so it will match the hood ;D

GHEY

If your mom who is an interior decorator says the hood looks awesome that must mean it looks good! Stoked to work on it Wed-Fri next week, maybe santa will bring some more goodies for me.

he instaled the hood today and it looks good it realy changed the looks alot thumb.gif

Fo sho, looking good the cowl and grill looks like ass compared to the new hood. The grill looked like **** before and it looked terrible now, so I sanded it down to get it painted tommorrow. My rig is gonna look nice, hope my hood latch comes in time to ride this weekend

Fine, dammit you guys are ruining my fun. I will give you one pic now and then a bunch more when it is all on and has been cleaned up.

First off, if you have or buy SAW coilover and they come with these dual rate sliders ditch them and get the Fox sliders
2007Modifications127-1.jpg

Bare hood from Chris Durham, great quality. Joe commented on how much better it was than his and half the price.
2007Modifications124-1.jpg

2007Modifications125.jpg

Hood was painted by Steven that works with TK. Before you all start hating, yes the base of one of the middle flames is wider than the other. Steven mis-measured and told me he was gonna redo it, I said f that. No way I was making him do it over again. The flames are striped in silver but it is hard to see.
2007Modifications130-1.jpg

He also painted my fender triangles that Tommy made out of alumnium.
2007Modifications132-1.jpg

Big thanks to TK and all his hookups and for Joe taking time during his days to help me out with the install and answer my stupid questions.

Yeah you will see me cry if I fawk it up... I almost did today when I had to drill some holes in it to add the TJ hood latches to the rear edge.

I could never have a hood that nice. I must say I never thought you would put flames on it. Just didn't see u as a flame kinda guy.

I have always loved TK's paint job and the guy made me such a good deal that it would of cost me more for Joe to paint it black. :eek:

Oh ****, I really pushed him to it. ha, peer pressures a bitch! :flipoff1:

That thing looks so sick. DAMN it bet it looks good on your rig. And about the flames being non-uniform, thats one of the things i like. They were hand laid with tape. That takes a talented mofo to pull lines for flames. the thing I like the most is that they are a hybrid flame. A cross between the "Crabclaws" and "Seaweed" style and your guy pulled that blending feat off extremely well.

On the hood, does Durham sell different widths? Stock then like 48"? Reason is, that looks identicle to the one I'm running.

Yeah it is a stock width hood and it has all the pre-formed spots for the footman loop, bumpers, hinges, washers, etc. I had him fill in the ones I did not use. I am pretty sure he makes narrowed fiberglass parts also. I know he makes stock width grill shells also.

I spent the day doing prep work, sanded and taped the grill and rock sliders. Also cut holes in the grill for the LED's, levelED the front bumper (thanks for the **** alignment BTF), mounted the CO2 and did some other knick knack stuff. Joe and I painted it this evening and it is in the paint booth overnight. Man it looks awesome. Gonna mount everything up and finish out a few more details tommorrow. Good times tonight at the Mexican restaurant also!

Latest posts