• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Finally Cummin'

That's what I have, trying to back into a trailer slowly is a bit jerky, but it hooks up great :D

My clutch does that now:eeek:, but once you hit about 30 pounds of boost in 4th or 5th she goes ZING! LMAO

OFE would probably work great for you.. I think those are down in the 700 dollar range now.

Where have you seen them that cheap? Cheapest ive found was source auto for 900:eeek:

sorry, ive been working for the past 3 days straight, anyway
sumbitch... I've done so many that I must want to forget about that little problem.

And mine leaked between the case and the block. And the power steering pump was leaking. Both common, and both easy fixes though.

Yeah, i think that might be it also, its not bad at all, since it doesnt drip on the ground lol :redneck:, but i guess i just need to get the haynes book on it and figure out how to change that gasket, i think i am going to do that on the next oil change. Anyone know what the gasket is called?

POWER POWER POWER.. How about taking care of the kdp(killer dowel pin) first.

excuse my lack of knowledge :D but what the hell is the killer dowel pin :corn:

Also, how do you guys battle the cold starts when you don't have access to 110. Because i work nights, i go to work at like 9 - 10 at night and don't leave till about 9 - 10 in the morning and on these cold nights its been a bitch to start it, since theres nowhere to plug in the block heater. It doesn't feel like cold starts are good for them, since it shoots out so much white smoke and the engine doesn't feel like its running right when it has to warm up. :eeek:

You guys that have done the fuel plate mods, and governor springs, and boosting up the boost on your turbo, and adding exhaust and cold air intake kit, how much extra torque/HP did you get, and what gas mileage are you getting?

And who makes good lift kits for these era dodges, seems like there is alot out there, i am thinking of either getting a long arm kit, or just building my own. might just end up building one that's better for cheaper. :awesomework:

anyways i am off to check out thedieselgarage, and nwboombers. Thanks guys:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

The crank case gasket wouldn't be a simple replacement, but you could use RTV many of the times to cure it. (worked on mine). The power steering pump gasket swap is pretty easy and cheap. Just get the kit from the Cummins dealer.

Killer Dowel Pin is an alignment pin for the crank case. It has a tendency to wiggle it's way out over time thanks to the vibration of the engine. It can either fall into the gear and punch right out of the case, spilling oil everywhere. It can get jammed in between the gears and destroy your whole motor. And sometimes it's been known (less common though) to fall right through and miss everything and end up in your oil pan.

Cold starts are cold starts, yea the engine doesn't like em as much. And it takes longer for it to warm up. But not much you can do about it when you have no way of plugging in.

With exhaust/intake/10 plate I got 334 rwhp on BD's dyno (stock is 180-185 rwhp). But that's with my 215 pump (manual truck). Your truck has a smaller 180 pump being an auto. A guy with the same mods as I had, but with an auto truck like yours. Ran 276 that day. I use to get 18-21 mpg. But with the latest mods i've had on the truck, and my constant heavy right foot. Best I've done is 18.5 on road trips.

As for the lift, definitely long arm. And if I could, I'd make my own. I've never been too impressed with any of the lifts. Unless you want to spend a lot of money on a small lift like Carli, and go play in the desert.

i can build my own 4 link, and just figure out what springs i need for the front, and rear, thats not a big deal, i just got done looking on the diesel garage, tons of great info! found out about the killer dowl pin, i am def, going to get the kit and tab it. for now, i think i am just going to grind down my fuel plate to 0, adjust the governor springs, do an aintake and stacks, and gauges.

Anyone know anyone around here that does stacks? or has any for sale? thanks

Competitiondiesel.com usually has a wide range of used stuff for sale because it's nation wide. But that means the parts come with shipping costs too. Still a bit cheaper then new.

POWER POWER POWER.. How about taking care of the kdp(killer dowel pin) first.

that thing is crazy! i found a kit for 65$ that tabs it, and replaces the seals, i think thats the first thing i am gonna do now....

But when are you gonna build me some links for my 4 link upfront for the dodge :redneck::redneck::redneck:

you be careful fawkin around with the boost or you'll have a hole in the hood where the head used to be. A lot of ppl like to drop they're compression before tripling boost. :eeek:

you be careful fawkin around with the boost or you'll have a hole in the hood where the head used to be. A lot of ppl like to drop they're compression before tripling boost. :eeek:

Boost elbow wont hurt anything only cranks out 38 psi on a manual truck and a little less on an auto cause you cant "rap" it out like a manual:awesomework:

is that mr ASE talking out of his ass without looking at the all data computer again? :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

are you serious? It takes a little more then that tiny turbo to blow anything on these trucks.

Do you know what your talking about? Cause putting a boost elbow will do no harm to the truck.

Do you know what your talking about? Cause putting a boost elbow will do no harm to the truck.

Actually what i said was that you should be careful fawkin around wit boost i never said how you do it. Before i posted i was assuming that this was a high compressions engine. I was thinking about the fords 6.9 they run 22.5 to 1 compression and you can't run more than 8-10 lbs without blowin a head some run 14 but they really pushing it. :awesomework:

Last edited:
Actually what i said was that you should be careful fawkin around wit boost i never said how you do it. Before i posted i was assuming that this was a high compressions engine. I was thinking about the fords 6.9 they run 22.5 to 1 compression and you can't run more than 8-10 lbs without blowin a head some run 14 but they really pushing it. :awesomework:

wow..... I have no idea where to even start with this guy...

So if you have no experience with the 12 valve cummins, why would you post that? Around these parts we like facts, not assumptions. :awesomework:

Latest posts