• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Finally "My Buggy"

blacksheep10 said:
stuff that axle as tight to the chassis as possible. hopefully you can whack a tube and get the chunk on the front stuffed up in the chassis at full stuff. You'll want that front end in front fo the engine to make it stuff fully. The way to build a buggy is to start with an engine, tranny, transfer, a seat and a front end. they are all that matter. whatever side your driveshaft is on is what set you use. put the seat where you won't hit your head on the cage. Now put the tcase ON it and run the shaft between your feet. now, position your engine so it fits with the front axle. the front axle goes where it won't stuff any more into the chassis. put the engine behind this. this is much easier when you start from scratch as you build all around that. The rear builds itself, there is nothing in the way. the front is the bitch, so get your front housing where it goes, get the engine where it goes, as low as you can and as far forward to the axle as you can and build links around that. if you have any Q's call me.

Thanks. You confirmed that I am going the right way. just gota get the axles under it to make shure that is where I want everything mouted

I plan on having the front ujoint somewhat in line with the pullies on the motor. Don't know yet if that will work, but that is the plan. With me doubling the frame I should be able to get the front chunck real close to touching the frame without hitting anyting in the motor compartment.

How we doing on this thing Haley, between all the booyang and :drinkers: i think I recall you saying you set the drivetrain back a considerable amount from these pictures.... :dunno:

P said:
How we doing on this thing Haley, between all the booyang and :drinkers: i think I recall you saying you set the drivetrain back a considerable amount from these pictures.... :dunno:

moved it back 10". Trying to get wheels and tires together so I can put diffs in and set ride height. Going outa town this weekend for the anniversary so no work this weekend. Then wheels centers where ordered yesterday and I have wheels to put them in. Can get a set of tires next day.

Still working on it just been gathering more parts for more work. thumb.gif

44 TSL Swamper. From my observations these seem to work the best out of all them in then size catagory. Would have liked the iroks, but didn't wanta run ballons. I really like ther ltb's but I have heard several complain about the bigger size not being as good as the smaller ones like I run on the ford.

Chevron slice them balloons right outta the box so the centers have a cut center across them, that way when they wear a bit you can just take the other half of the lug off and go super terra traction tennessee tire laughing1

Damn.....all the tires on the market today and people still gotta cut **** to get what they want. That sucks!

What are ya'll using to cut them? Is there a groover on the market now with a wider cutting surface?

(sorry for the threadjack)

Draco said:
Damn.....all the tires on the market today and people still gotta cut **** to get what they want. That sucks!

What are ya'll using to cut them? Is there a groover on the market now with a wider cutting surface?

(sorry for the threadjack)

Sawzall with the blade teeth ground down

P said:
drool Jealous..
Nice man, what size wheel, 15's?!!

15's. Thought I had a set of wheels, but that feel through.

Gona go make the motor mounts tonight, get the hubs put back on the diffs, andcutt a few tubes due to clearance on the motor.