• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FLAME SUIT ON! Dual toyota tranny's...

There is a guy I talked with that lives in renton that him and his buds have them. They say they made their own adapters with parts trannys, cut off the peices and made it. Says it is the **** but is way long.

The thread i just read says it's 2 or three inches longer than a dual t-case setup. and no need to re-gear diffs. Build adapters out of flat stock. Might be worth a try. I have an 83 long bed, 5 speed. And an extra 4wd 4 speed. Length shouldn't be an issue.:redneck:

quote from pirate thread:

I built mine simple like, certainly to simple for pirate.

Remove bellhousing from trans.

Take piece of 1/2 steel, take bell housing. flip bell housing over to mating surface to trans and spray liberally with paint. While bell housing you sprayed is wet slap it down on the steel. Boom, good pattern.
Take transmission minus transfer case cleaned up, do the same with the paint and slap it on the steel.

You have your bolt holes left in paint, an outline left to cut, and 2 plates once you cut. you need the adapter to be 2.5" mount to mount, so goo to tractor supply and get some 1.5" .25-. .375" 1.5 strap and cut weld bend it to fit the difference in you chosen clocking to the 2 plates. True up and weld together. Flip front shaft to rear, build a front shaft.

So, $30 in steel at tractor supply. 2'x2' piece of 1/2", and a spare trans. and a little time.

You got the file to build a case doubler that easy, or did we move away from cheap tech?

How strong is this setup vs duals with 4.7's in the rear? Seems like all the gear reduction BEFORE the tcase, would put a ton of stress on it, like putting 4.7's in the front tcase.

I am with you on this clark, the higher gears dont seem to be a strong point for the second tranny.we have blew out a few fourth gears before.