• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

flap disc and electrical

85b2man

so were does everyone else get there flap discs and grinding supply stuff ?

and were does everyone get all there electrical stuff IE switches wire fuse panels
:awesomework:

Mclendons or homedepot for the flap discs and swapmeets are the best place for electrical parts. Lots of guys use the 12volt guy and longacres racing has quality parts

http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=4&catid=13

http://www.centechwire.com/

for the price, in my experience (i burn up atleast a couple flap disks per week) best bang for your buck is Tacoma Screw Flap disks. The home depot/mclendons carrier Pferd, and norton, and those two brands do not have much sanding media at all. The tacoma screw flapper wheels are about 4 times as thick, and last about 4 times as long (for my uses, grinding/sanding mild steel, doing tube notches, etc)

Try out the tacoma screw Flap wheels. They kick ass and I will never go back to Norton ****. Just my 2 cents. :;

Flap/ grinding discs-Harbor freight. It's one of the very few things worth buying there.....Something I've learned about grinding and cutoff wheels is they tend to advartise and push "lasts x times longer" which just means they cut x times slower.:rolleyes:
Get the cheap stuff.:awesomework:

Oh, and for binder. There is no advertisement of any kind for the tacoma screw wheels. they must be good :D

For their cut offf wheel pak's of 20 fr 5$ and prdy desont yes i'll agree, but those flap dics?:looser::mad:swp meets always , McLundens, ToolTown

I always run over to the Fastnal in North Bend here. They always hook me up with everything I buy even it im not buying in bulk. Last time I went I was getting a pack of sazall blades for 10 bucks, they were Black something? I dont remmeber off the top of my head and I payed 65 cents for the thin cut off wheels and 85 cents for the thicker ones.

Last edited:
fasteners has some burly flap discs.....i just picked a couple up...cheaper than anywhere else, and twice as thick as the dewalts i usually get....cheers, brian

for the price, in my experience (i burn up atleast a couple flap disks per week) best bang for your buck is Tacoma Screw Flap disks. The home depot/mclendons carrier Pferd, and norton, and those two brands do not have much sanding media at all. The tacoma screw flapper wheels are about 4 times as thick, and last about 4 times as long (for my uses, grinding/sanding mild steel, doing tube notches, etc)

Try out the tacoma screw Flap wheels. They kick ass and I will never go back to Norton ****. Just my 2 cents. :;

this is the truth. They are thicker, last longer, the thickness makes them easy to notch tube, they dont lose chunks if ya catch an edge.

I go through about 5-10 of these a week. I have used flappers from all over and the tac screw ones cant be beat.

i lookled at mine, and they are zirconium.......i been using mine for a week now, and barely any wear and tear, and i can guarantee i don't know how to use them properly:flipoff:..so they are getting a workout.....:haha:....notched some tube with them as well, and they do not fly to pieces ..........cheers, brian