• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Floating Boat Lift? Hydro Hoist

BustedKnucklefilms

Does anyone know anything about Floating boat lift for floating docks. I need one that hold around 3500#s, It is for a direct drive ski boat.

I see them used all of the time for cheap like $2000 Someone just quoted me $8k for one installed. They must be smoking something.

Thoughts?

my buddy has an "econo lift" front mount. It has a float on the rear that is filled with air by a sort of vacuum cleaner type pump and is attched to the dock in the front at the rotation point. I helped him put it in. It works well however a dual float lift would be better. The front mount puts a lot of stress in the middle of the lift due to the front pivot. He bought it used and we did a little work to it. Previous owner overloaded and bent the main rails. A few plates and a skid steer later it was as good as new.

Attachments

• LIFT.JPG
    LIFT.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 235
If you are shopping new, I would give a look at the new Shorestation lifts a look. Fairly reasonable and if your dock isn't wired for electrical yet they have solved that with a solar panel that keeps the batteries charged up. Super quick launch times too compared to other models. 8k doesn't sound too bad for a new with warranty HydroHoist. The new Shallow Water seems to go for around $7-8k depending on where you are. One of my friends has two newer UltraLift2's that are "Level lift" not "bow first" HydroHoists. One floats a new X55 and the other, their old ProStar190 just fine. The prices on new and used fluctuate all over the place so take everything you read online about them with a grain of salt. Some lakes, floating lifts run in the neighborhood of $1/lb installed and some places its twice that. I'd say hold out and shop around for a used one. They seem to pop up used for 2-3k a lot of times and go quickly around here. Typical moving cost of one runs between $350-$500 downside is no warranty.

I got a boat full of somewhat well fed chicks that looks good after 12 or so Keystones, if you need to try out how much it will hold! :****:

We bought a used one from Duskin Point Marina a few years ago for about $2,500 installed, but it is only designed to lift about a 21' inboard/outboard. If I remember right we waited a few months for someone to trade one in on a bigger one. Might want to check with them.

My parents used Duskin Point Marina too. We've got a 24 foot V-Drive Tige on ours. I'll find out tomorrow what they paid, and if your around Smith Lake you're welcome to come check it out.

Jack

We bought one new and had it installed about 3 years ago (HydroHoist) and it was like $6k installed... We have a 25 foot Yamaha jet on it and it has always worked flawlessly. I have seen a few for sale at the marinas around here in the $2-3k range though. They aren't hard to install if you want to save some money.