• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

floor jack welder ???

Jason Y

I need one of those bigger type floor jacks- I currently have a 2.25 ton craftsman.(it wont lift a stock height fj 80)

I want one of those Big type ones. Something thing that will lift a stock height fj80

I don't want to spend a million bucks on this, any good ideas.

Also I found a used Lincoln 175 HD for 300.00 with no hose kit dosen't appear to be used much at all Thumbs up ?

I need one of those bigger type floor jacks- I currently have a 2.25 ton craftsman.(it wont lift a stock height fj 80)

I want one of those Big type ones. Something thing that will lift a stock height fj80

I don't want to spend a million bucks on this, any good ideas.

Also I found a used Lincoln 175 HD for 300.00 with no hose kit dosen't appear to be used much at all Thumbs up ?

Seems like a decent deal on the welder... I have a 175t that I paid 300 for with no hose kit (got a regulator with it though). Good welder for what I paid.

Matt bit on the welder, I'll bite on the jack:

Those little 2-1/2 to 3 ton floor jacks are actually pretty good for lifting a Jeep or Toyota. I would recomend you invest heavily in wooden blocks. Not 2x4 stuff but ends cut from 6x6's, 8x12's and so on. When you need to lift your rig put one of these blocks between your jack and axle or frame. This is safer than maxing out the jack as they are pretty tippy when raised fully up.

You can invest in a huge jack as you mention but they still wont have that much travel. You will eventually need to use a spacer block anyway.

Matt bit on the welder, I'll bite on the jack:

Those little 2-1/2 to 3 ton floor jacks are actually pretty good for lifting a Jeep or Toyota. I would recomend you invest heavily in wooden blocks. Not 2x4 stuff but ends cut from 6x6's, 8x12's and so on. When you need to lift your rig put one of these blocks between your jack and axle or frame. This is safer than maxing out the jack as they are pretty tippy when raised fully up.

You can invest in a huge jack as you mention but they still wont have that much travel. You will eventually need to use a spacer block anyway.

As I was trying to lift the front end with the jack I have I was thinking, I need some blocks.

Though perhaps a bigger jack would be safer.

I noticed some beam ends at the local lumber yard, perhaps I can get a deal on a few pieces

I've been pleasantly surprised with my Harbor Freight floor jack. I think it was $55 on sale or something and it goes up to 19" or 20". Plenty to get a tire off the ground.

costco has a super sweet jack for $99 has a lift height of just under 22 inches and is low profile for cars as well as rapid lift really solid sturdy awesome jack, compares to a 300 dollar jack from somewhere else.

I've been pleasantly surprised with my Harbor Freight floor jack. I think it was $55 on sale or something and it goes up to 19" or 20". Plenty to get a tire off the ground.

We have bought expensive jacks for the race car, and sucked. We switched to harbor freight jacks, and wont go back.

Both my floor jacks work well, and are hi speed; My Napa one, however was a little lightly built at the front wheel area, and tends to flex abit...paid 160 for it like 7 yrs ago....My other is an ATD that I scored from the scrap dude for FREE!!!! Was low on oil--topped it off and works great!!!!!! Held my Cherokee for 1 1/2 hrs, no drips!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer: It's pretty much built exactly like the Costco ones framewise....:eeek:

Sign up for their mailing list online. Make sure to give them your e-mail address and they'll send you 20% off coupons and flyers for the sales all the time:awesomework:

I signed up haven't received anything online- however I expect to recieve a bunch of crap soon

I wimped out and bought a 3 ton craftsman. For 99.00 with jack stands.

I needed it, habor freight, would be a 3 hr round trip. So, fuggit.

Latest posts