• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

For you muffler guys

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Ok so both the wifes 4 runner and my toy have flowmasters on them. I have NO idea what series they are as they are both 10+ years old and starting to rot out finally.

The one on the wifes has a 13" case length and mine has a 16" case length. The one thats on hers used to be my old one but I could not stand how loud it was.

So I am needing new mufflers and I have no problem running something other than a flowmaster but they gotta be of a good quality and sound good.

So what should I look at? (the wifes is a 22re and mine is a 4.3)

I can get flowmaster knock offs. They are actually better built than the flow masters. FM spot welds the baffles, these knock offs have the baffles completely welded.

You can get them through Olympic brake supply for cheap if you can do outside purchases through your work.

I love my Hooker Aero Chambers,:awesomework: no drone.:masturbanana[1]: I thought Olimpic went out of business.:corn:

I love my Hooker Aero Chambers,:awesomework: no drone.:masturbanana[1]: I thought Olimpic went out of business.:corn:

Olympic Distributing (Walt's wholesale warehouse) closed it's doors a few years ago. Olympic Brake is who Joop is refering to.

Mike, give me a call. I will take care of it at cost. PM'ing my number now.

just took off my rusted out flow master and put in a magnaflow ,not a quiet as I had hoped but its defiantly and improvement

What kind of sound do you want? If you like the flowmaster sound but want to tone it down, a 50 series is more quiet than the 40 series you were running.

I don't like the magnaflow sound. To me, they sound like a glasspack since they are built similar to one.

I'm a fan of the flowtech raptor turbo mufflers... cheap, flows well. Mello till you step on it.

If you wanted a quiet option, I like the dynomax super turbo on my explorer. It has enough tone to let you hear the exhaust, but is quiet at cruise.

I have Ravins on my v8 buggy they sound great and dont have that tinie sound that all flow masters seam to have. But im not sure how good they would sound on that 4 banger.

I put a short OE mustang muffler on my wifes 22re and you can still barely hear the dam thing..

Get ahold of Gorlick's....they sell a performance muffler that sounds/performs well...nice quality product too!!!

SPINTECH:cool:

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/

i have run everything under the sun as far as muffles go on my 22re's

my spin tech by far sounds the best.

i am running a full length exhaust system in my runner that exits out the stock location. with a high flow cat a 2.25in exhaust.

sounds super crisp and extremely quite inside the cab even with the top off it's not bad

mike if you want i can swing by and let you hear it for your self. im in monroe all the time:awesomework:

also i get good prices on spintechs through some friends that own sprint car shops if you decide to go with one let me no and i will see what i can get them for

Last edited:
I had a 40 series on my 22re pickup with a with 2.25 pipe and it was stupid loud so i thought i would get a 50 and quiet it down... really didnt, i think it sounds better though

I put a spintech on my 4runner with a 3.0 and thought it sounded like a worn out flowmaster with broken baffles. It always had a waspy wiring tinny buzzy sound to it. Just like when a flowy baffle is rattling inside.

Thats just me. I took it off and have it available for sale if interested.