• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford 9"

XtrmTJ

I would rather hear Fact over Opinion. Stronger, HP Ford 9" or LP Ford 9" and why ? I have seen some high dollar after market HP stuff, is it stronger ? TIA ! :redneck:

The only ones that make the hi pinion stuff worth buying are the only ones that have probably done any testing.

As for the Currie hi pinion 9" 3rd members, they are not even close to the same strength as a low pinion as they use 8.8" R&P

What application? In front a HP is stronger because of direction of rotation and the cut of the gear, in the rear a LP is stronger for the same reasons.

The HP Curries use 8.8 R&P? I've heard this before, but have never seen anybody talk **** about 'em; you'd think they'd hold up....Now Trailtoy makes sense, I've seen some LP 9's go thrusome serious ****, without problems....never seen a HP front 9 in action;

Last edited:
The HP Curries use 8.8 R&P? I've heard this before, but have never seen anybody talk **** about 'em; you'd think they'd hold up....Now Trailtoy makes sense, I've seen some LP 9's go thrusome serious ****, without problems....never seen a HP front 9 in action;

I'm not talking **** about Currie's hi pinion 9"...it's just fact and yes, I've owned one.

See, that's what I luv about this site, ask a serious question and in less then 5 minutes you got a no nonsence streight answer ! TY ! I'll keep my LP.

Yeah, whatever Jobless!:fawkdancesmiley: You know what I meant-only you'd think that way on a 4x4 forum!!!:shaking: :fawkdancesmiley: