• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford Highboy info and value??

Craig_c

I'm looking at a project that has a 76 ford highboy chassis. Should be complete 390, divorced transfer, and whatever axles the truck came with. Supposed to be a 3/4 ton. I just want the cab (toyot) that he has on the chassis but has given me a price on the whole thing I think is fair.

Anyone familiar with these trucks? Is the rear axle a Dana 60?

What are the transfer cases worth?

I'm pretty sure the front axles arnt worth much.

390 engines going for anything these days?

And what transmission would it have?

If this is not the place for this topic move it or whatever. It's not a for sale ad as I do not have said vehicle.

It's most likely a 360 not a 390 unless someone swapped it they never put a 390 in a highboy stock, all FE blocks magically become 390's when for sale.

The front is most likely a closed knuckle 44, the rear is a 60. Fronts are worth anything unless someone needs parts for an old truck as a lot of stuff is obsolete for them.

Divorced 205's go for gold around here around $300-$500, I bought a complete running FE block for $300 a few months ago. The rear end $150-$200 it should be a np435 or c6 worth a couple hundred. Probably 6-800 bucks in parts if you can find buyers.

I'm going to pass on the buy. It's on CL near Paducah Ky. Guy told me he would take 500 cash if anyone is looking. Highboy chassis with a decent looking Toyota extended cab with title.