• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ford or dodge

Just drove 2000 miles in a 6.7 powerstroked ambulance, got 8.5 mpg average. Rigs weigh about 11.5k. Didn't have any balls at all.

I was very disappointed with the performance and mileage. This thing is suppose to be 400hp, but it felt more like an unmodified 7.3

Not worth the 50,000 price tag in the new trucks if you ask me. The lack of a manual trans sucks too.

Not a pickup i realize, but if it won't move an ambulance it aint gonna tow for **** either.

Just my .02, take it or leave it

I think there may be something wrong with the one you drove. No one has ever compared a 6.7 to the 7.3. They don't even come close to feeling the same on any way. The old SD with a 7.3 may as well be an old dump truck in comparison.

That may be the case, but if so, there is something wrong with both of them. We actually ran twins from Newport Arkansas to Washington. I was hoping they would liven up a bit by the time we got home, but no luck.

On the positive side, we got to see the country one fuel station at a time!

I will say they drive nice, and ride excellent with the air bag rear suspension.

I have well over a million miles on all variants of the PSD and 100k on a D-max and 250K on Cummins.

I will say hands down my 2013 f-350 CC LB with the 6.7 is the best all around truck I have had besides the fact that I have no reason to bitch about the automatic. It packs 165 gallons of diesel daily and enough rigging and 5 guys to a logging site daily while still getting an average of 17.7 mpg. It gets the crap run out of it and while I am a "Traditional" diesel guy (7.3,manual trans OBS style) the new 6.7 is just the best performing pickup available for someone who actually uses them. We have 7 of the 6.7 fords in our fleet and varying from 12k miles on the newest to 141K on the oldest and the only problem we have had is when one of the auto 4x4 selectors crapped out and it was determined to be a bad dash switch gummed up with coffee (beer probably).

*IF* money was no option I would go 6.7,7.3,12 valve cummins,24 valve cummins in that order. The others are not worth owning in a heavy duty pickup platform IMO.

I have a 2011 f350 with the 6.7 and love it. Last trip I went on I figured 19mpg with 37's. there is no lack of power either. Tows great, rides nice, turns great for its size. I have no complaints

We have two 2013 Dodge 3500 6.7 with the Aisin transmission, you get higher hp when you go with that tranny and it pulls like no other. Our 2007 5.9 gets around 18mpg, our 2008 6.7 gets around 15mpg, the 2013 flatbed dually is around 17mpg and the other 2013 with SRW is between 18-20 mpg with 19K miles on it. The new 6.7's have great fuel economy, I'm interested is what they are getting when they are up around 40K miles.
My crews work all over the NW US and pull trailers often, they seem to hold up pretty well, the tranny's and turbos seem to be the thing that we do a lot, but moving to the Aisin transmission I am hoping to cut some of that budget.

My '99 5.9 with 3:53 gears only gets 18mpg.

the aisin is proven behind the 5.2 isuzu trucks in the 19k gvw i havent seen one fail since i started there. much better trans than the old dodge transmissions, the turbos seem to be getting sooted up and stop moving, supposedly the exhaust brake helps keep them clean but not sure on that but theyre easy to replace

the aisin is proven behind the 5.2 isuzu trucks in the 19k gvw i havent seen one fail since i started there. much better trans than the old dodge transmissions, the turbos seem to be getting sooted up and stop moving, supposedly the exhaust brake helps keep them clean but not sure on that but theyre easy to replace

So far my transmission on my 08 dodge is working ok but my turbo went out at 86000 miles:puke: running the exhaust brake all the time did not worlk:wtf: